Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very disappointed with FitBit Charge 5. Two of them just died randomly within the first months

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had two FitBit Charge 5 devices. The first one was returned to a physical store here in Australia, and I got my money back, after it just stopped working randomly.

The second FitBit was purchased via the FitBit online store, because I had a staff discount. It died after less than 3 months, the display just stopped working.

I deeply regret buying online. Buying from the FitBit store means you can't get a warranty replacement easily, you have to talk to customer service on chat (unclear if they were humans or automated). They are not capable of helping beyond telling me to reset my watch, which I've already done.

Is there a physical store/service centre where I can take my watch to be checked/warranty replacement? I rather not have to talk to chatbots ever again. Even at the cost of losing $202.

Really disappointed with the product's quality. I had earlier generation Fitbits and they didn't have such a short longevity. Two of them dying so fast can't be a coincidence.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Hannah333  you need to get with customer support and work with them to resolve whatever issue your Fitbit has. There is no physical store for any of the Fitbit products because there are no repairs done to them. Customer service is the way you can get help with a replacement.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

I’ve had nothing but trouble with mine. Won’t send me notifications all the time. I have to keep logging out numerous times a day for notifications to come to the Fitbit. Really not happy. Will be taking it back to the shop I got it from. Spoke on chat three times now. Doing exactly the same every time. And it still not working properly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes