Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charge 5 is not working on multiple levewls

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I "upgraded" to Charge 5 from my Charge 3, which was working pretty seamlessly but I wanted GPS. From the get-go it's been a mess, not tracking calories, heart rate, activity properly.  I wrote to Fitbit Support on Twitter many times and they respond with useless boilerplate responses.  I am quite furious and am ready to write a long review on reddit or something.  have others experienced this?  As of now it is a piece of rubber on my wrist.  have restarted multiple times.   #angry 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Within 'Settings' on wrist, there is a 'Heart Rate' option.  Make sure heart rate is no toggled off.  No heart rate could probably explain all your issues.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

deleted sorry, duplicated

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope, that is not it.  the device is crapped out - steps are registering, but many other things are not.  When I am not in my house in Brazil as of yesterday, it doesn't register heart rate, or activity.  Even in the house, it didn't register activity.  Only registering steps.  No calories either.  Serious issues.  I got this around dec. 8 and have had many problems. Prev9ous devices even in brazil were seamless.  Obvious problems.

Everything is toggled ON. I've had like 5 fitbits. super experienced with these devices. Problem with the device - a case is being developed with Fitbit, but i am stuck right now, and just livid about it.  Why the hell did I spend this money for  a dud on my wrist?  Everything is ON
Best Answer

It is intermittent, sometimes recording, sometimes not.  It's incredibly aggravating.  Today it is showing NO activity with the dots, even though I've got over 8 miles of activity and over 17.9K steps.  something is definitely wrong. have tried to restart multiple times.  Actually it stopped recording during the flight from NY to brazil, and Fitbit said " are you using the Fitbit wristband"?  No, I am not, and that has never been a problem. After I got to brazil it was kind of fine until two days ago, and now at least it is recording steps, but not calories, the activity dots, heart rate, until two hours ago.  I thought it had something to do with being out of the house with wifi (never a problem in Brazil before), but I did see an activity dot earlier that has no disappeared, so I am just done with this, ANd I forgot my old*(working fine) fitbit in USA. So I'm just beyond beyond right now.  I can't deal with their boilerplate responses either.  I've had these devices for 6+ (? or more) years, and it's like, dude, i know what I am doing.  I know exactly how these things work.  It' s not working, and it's your fault.  give me my money back , thank you.   sigh.  Happy new year from fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes