Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new Charge 6 now completely unresponsive

I just got my charge 6 a couple of days ago. I was able to set it up and it was fully charged. Seemed to be working fine. This morning screen was blank. Cannot tap it, side button won't do anything, charger doesn't get any response from it and it won't sync. Have others experienced this? Any fixes. I will contact support later but this is very disappointing.

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

This happened to me as well within a few days of wearing it.  Plug it into the charger and then press the button on the charger 3 times with a full second in between.  Although, I am also back on here today because it did it again and that did not work.

Best Answer

Yes!!! My charger only works with one charger. I used three other ones and got nothing. My fitbit drains after 12 hours and dies. I've deleted most apps too. So bummed, I want my Charge 4 back. A charge would last a week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Replying to Funandfit79:

Bought a Charge6 to replace a 2-year old Charge5 with new(er) functionality and reporting.  BIG MISTAKE
I'm documented in other threads where (after being forced into logging in via my ***.gmail.com address) my NEW Fitbit (Google) Charge6:
1> Would NOT pair with my Android13 phone and got stuck in the dreaded "Download the Fitbit mobile app" endless loop with no way out.
2> So I opened a ticket with Amazon to return the Charge6 . . . . .for a credit to my Amazon account (thinking I might buy another Charge6) after 'they' fix all the stuff 'they' broke getting the Charge6 to market under the Google umbrella
3> I then tried to revert to my Charge5 so I could at least track and chart my sleep pattern data . . . . . and found that in reverting to the Charge5 sleep data is no longer collected or reported in the NEW app.
My Charge5 is now a paperweight, as it no longer provides the data I PAID for by upgrading to Fitbit PREMIUM.

50 years in tech product support and after the sale technical support (since 1973) and I cannot imagine a bigger rollout failure.

So, Google, what are you going to do to support loyal Fitbit customers ? ? ? ? ?

Best Answer

Now, I've updated the software and now it won't turn on at all or charge. Ugh

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing they had me try in support fixed it. It's completely dead. I'm waiting for them to send me an email for next steps. We'll see how long that takes. 

Best Answer

Had my Charge 6 for a couple of weeks. This is the second time it's frozen up. First time i could reset it on the charger,but this time it's just dead. Really p'd off right now as I bought this to replace another Fitbit that developed battery issues after the latest software update. Now this brand new device is a paperweight. I'll be contacting support for a complete refund tomorrow and will buy from another manufacturer. Years with Fitbit then Google comes along and breaks everything.

Best Answer

Same problem here.  Worked 1 day then stopped.  Just got off the phone with Tech Support.  Had me reset the device.  Now working again.  No issues

Best Answer
How do you reset it?
Best Answer

I went through all the steps with Tech and nothing would bring it to life. Was not responding to anything. That was yesterday. Then this morning I picked it up and it vibrated a bit and appears to be working and charger is now responding. This make no sense and doesn't give me much hope this thing will last very long. The fact this seems to be a common issue to me indicates they have a problem. Hopefully they can fix it with a software update. 

Best Answer

So after tech walked me through the reset this morning, it seemed to be working fine.  Unfortunately, about 2 hours later it died once again.  I just reset it once again.  Losing all my sleep, step and exercise data is really frustrating. I sure hope they can figure out what's wrong with this version.  Charge 4 and Charge 5 worked flawlessly.

Best Answer

So I mentioned above I picked up my Charge 6 this morning and out of the blue it was responsive. So I charged it and put it on. This afternoon completely dead again. No response to anything, charger, tapping, the side button, nothing. I still have yet to hear back from Fitbit. They were supposed to email me. If I don't hear back tomorrow I will contact them again and post back. They clearly have a faulty product on their hands as this appears to be happening quite a bit. 

Best Answer

Same problem last evening.  After resetting it for the second time, it went completely dead about 3 hours later.  No rhyme or reason.  I surely hope someone from Google/Fitbit is monitoring these forums and is working on a solution for those of us that are long time users of the Fitbit products. I just reset it for the 3rd time.  Of course, I lost all step and sleep data.  I may as well have a hospital band on my wrist.  Works just as well. 😐 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is a small button on the charging cable near the USB end.  Push it 3 times with 1 second in between each push.  It should reset.

Best Answer

Hi, I also bought my Fitbit 6 a couple days ago and unable to get screen to work! So disappointing!

Best Answer

I'm going to contact Fitbit support again today as they have yet to reply to me. Yea, this is very disappointing. I purchased mine directly from them on a black friday deal. Had I bought from Amazon I would have just returned it. The fact so many people seem to be having the same issue indicates they have either a software or hardware issue they need to resolve. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh!! I had been trying to push the button on the fitbit. They didn't make it clear there was a button on the USB itself. I just checked and you are right. Easy to miss. My Fitbit just woke up again this morning on it's own but had a critical battery level. So I just plugged in again to charge. It was charged 100% yesterday before it died. To me this potentially means there is an issue with the battery software. It shouldn't drain overnight with no use. I'm following up again today with fitbit because even if the reset button works we shouldn't have to keep doing that. They need to fix this issue or send a replacement. 

Best Answer
I agree with you, I am currently back to using my fitbit Charge 4 and I
love that I haven't had to charge it multiple times a day. I really hope
they can work out the kinks too! Good luck. I wonder if we just got some
lemons.
Best Answer

No one from Fitbit ever got back to me. My Charge 6 was working for a few days but is back to doing the same thing-going completely dead on a whim. I have to plug it in and hit the button on the charger USB cable multiple times to wake it up. They batter usually ends up loosing most or a lot of the charge despite being fully charged just previously the issue happening. Since no one ever contacted me via the chat as promised I will be calling them to send a replacement. 

Best Answer
I too have been going back and forth with them through X (Twitter). They
are asking lots of questions but so far haven't provided any solutions.
Getting frustrating losing data each time. I got my Charge 6 on Monday,
11/27 which was 8 days ago and have had to reset it no less than 5 times.
Best Answer
0 Votes