Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 6 not counting steps

My new Charge 6 doesn't seem to be picking up all of my steps. The app and device are updated. I've hard several other Fitbits, and have not had this issue before.

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Is the step count the same on the tracker and the app? If not, it is just a matter of the tracker syncing data with the app. Otherwise try the suggestion below.

This is copy and paste from the manual:

If you can’t sync Charge 6 or you have trouble with tracking your stats or receiving notifications, restart your tracker from your wrist:

1. Swipe down (this refers to the movement of the finger) from the clock screen to find the Settings app (it is on top of everything).
2. Open the Settings app and find the Restart Device option (by swiping up, it is on the bottom of everything).

Restarting the tracker does not delete data.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also observe that I walk and looking at the watch and it just doesn’t count. It doesn’t necessarily detect when I just move around the house. It’s sad. My Charge 3 never had this problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If I walk around the house holding my phone (with the arm wearing the Fitbit) it doesn’t count my steps. I have to swing my arm for it to count.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Nigea77 & @Teeanna 

Wrist worn fitness trackers, including Fitbits, use arm movement for tracking steps. This is why users who push carts, wheelchairs, & baby carriages often see a lower step count. It also works in reverse. I will see my Fitbit count steps when I'm doing dishes or folding laundry.

This help article helps explain How does my Fitbit calculate my daily activity  (<-- click link)

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes