Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 6 battery short life

Is anyone else getting poor battery life? Just got my Charge 6 and I'm using basically the same settings as the Charge 5 I previously had (very battery conscious / conservative use), but I'm getting about half the life - about 3-4 days. Super disappointing.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

@Dayai Welcome to the forums. I will gladly help you regarding your Fitbit Charge 6's battery life. 

Thanks for the explanation. Please note that many factors are involved. Have you been tracking your trainings with GPS? The amount of notifications received may also affect the battery life because of the screen lighting up and the vibration. I recommend you take a look at the following article: Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?. Here you finde tips for this situation. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is much less, like 12 hrs, I just updated my watch software and now it is not turning on or charging at all. So bummed out 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, but yes I went through all those suggestions, and I really don't use the things that seem to have the biggest impact on battery. I have a lot of default settings, and like I said am using the same settings as I had with my Charge 5, but getting much much less out of it. I'm starting to cycle through and turn absolutely everything off just to get a baseline.

Best Answer

For what it's worth, I'm still testing things, but I'm getting much better battery life now. It was either turning off reminders to move, or potentially was the recent software update. I can't believe that having reminders to move, only on weekdays, only for 8 hours a day would have that big of an impact on battery. Never was an issue on my Charge 5.

Best Answer

Are you replacing faulty Fitbits with new ones?  If not, I will be finding a suitable replacement somewhere else. 

Best Answer

Head over to the charge 5 forum and you’ll see everyone is having battery issues. Missy likely due to the firmware update. Fitbit refuses to take responsibility

Best Answer