Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 6 does not show calendar events

My brand new (as of November 21) Fitbit Charge 6 does not show my calendar events. I have been on live chat three times, and have now been waiting for a response to email for 48 hours.

All notification settings are accurate, I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app, restarted the phone and the Fitbit itself multiple times, etc. There is no "agenda" app, nor is there any way to install one. I can't even get anyone to respond to my inquiries as to where the calendar notifications *should* be if they existed, to make sure that this is not operator error. Does anyone have a screenshot of what the calendar notification should look like?

My Charge 4 worked flawlessly until the plastic bit that holds the wrist strap broke and I had to glue it on, so I thought I would "upgrade" for my birthday. I am super disappointed, as I rely on my Fitbit to tell me what i have coming up the next day as part of my evening routine. 

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

I suspect it may be an issue with their notifications across their product line. I bought a 5 back in April that worked great until the past couple of months when the big transition happened from the old Fitbit app to the new Google stuff. A bunch of my app notifications stopped working (Samsung Clock, Google Clock, & yeah, Google Calendar [I don't have a screenshot from when it worked, but it used to deliver reminders the same way it delivers notifications for things like messages], to list a few). I tried buying a 6 on discount thinking that might be an upgrade, but honestly, it's barely different than the 5 that I purchased only months prior. It, too, has the same issue. When I read through the forum, lots of other folks had similar issues. I posted about it a couple of weeks ago & heard nothing from the company.

They do have a troubleshooting FAQ that lists steps for trying to get notifications working, which is basically just a lot of restarting Bluetooth, the watch, the smart device, re-pairing them, checking settings, etc., but it did zip for me. I've tried many things but I suspect that their app developers just royally broke something when they rolled out the new system on everyone & many users may not have even noticed yet.

Best Answer

That's my conclusion, too - that things got royally screwed up during the transition, and they just haven't received a large enough number of complaints to do anything about it (yet?). And yes, their troubleshooting FAQ has been worse than useless. It is super frustrating that the device is marketed as being capable of doing things that it clearly cannot do.

Best Answer

Hello,

I have same issue with my Charge 6. I received it as a gift. It does not show any calendar notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update (February 20, 2024): Crickets from Google since December. No contact, no response, no support whatsoever. 

Best Answer

Same. They locked my thread about the same issue (app notifications not working) with no replies.
I'm very disappointed in Google. imo they ruined much of the Fitbit ecosystem after they've dropped so many other products & services over the years -- I don't think I'll be trusting them again with any future purchases. They could have at least sent out some generic customer service message saying, "Sorry we busted stuff, we don't know when it will be fixed," but they have the gall to continue including notes in their product documentation telling us to come here to ask for non-existent support. Really bad look.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So glad I found this post. I was going CRAZY and down so many rabbit holes thinking "what on earth am i missing?". I switched from an Apple Watch to Fitbit the other day, looking to simplify my life, while having some way to keep track of exercise/sleep/steps. I remember Fitbit was good back about 10 years ago and was excited to take a tentative foot out of Apple's ecosystem (lifelong Apple person here). If this is what it's like going to Android/Google, I guess Apple has nothing to fear. I decided I'm going to send this piece of garbage back while it's in the return window and go back to my Apple Watch, where at least things work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes