Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 6 keeps losing Bluetooth connection with iPhone

ANSWERED

Hi, I've just got the new charge 6 for nearly 3 weeks now. Previously I had charge 2 and 4. It's a nice upgrade from 4 however the bluetooth connectivity is horrendous! Once a week I get a message to "Forget This Device" from the bluetooth list and pair it again with my iPhone (12 mini). This is such an inconvenience and I never had this issue with my charge 2 and 4. Is there any software update to resolve this issue? Thanks

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone!

Thanks for reaching out about the Charge 6. Does everyone receive the message to "Forget This Device" from the bluetooth list and pair it again? Does everyone have an iPhone? I suggest you take a look at the following article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?. Here you find tips to sync the device. 

Please make sure that your Fitbit Charge 6 firmware is up to date. You can check if an update is available on the Fitbit app. Once you open the app, you just need to click on the device icon in the top left corner. Then tap on your device to get to a screen where you can initiate the update. Thanks in advance!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
57 REPLIES 57

I've the same problem!  As soon as I get away from my phone the charge 6 disconnects as I would expect.  Once I am back in range the charge 6 does not connect around 75% of the time.  I need to toggle bluetooth on/off again.  I've restarted/rebooted/re-paired/re-installed at least a dozen times.  I have absolutely zero problems with any other bluetooth device on my Pixel 7. 

Best Answer

Hi @Pat_Z - I've recently uninstalled and reinstalled the app. So far no issues (crossing my fingers)

Best Answer

i also have the same problem , I’ve had my charge 6 for 2 weeks and have hardly been able to use it as it constantly loses connection with my Bluetooth .i took it back to the store and they got it to reconnect by doing the pressing button on the charger , but that’s no good to me when I don’t have my charger with me .

The app shows that my Fitbit is at 100% charge and i have done the software upgrade . So I am away from home and cannot use the device , i also have had a charge 4 and 5 and never had these problems .

I will be returning this thing and getting a refund .

Best Answer

I am at the same point!  I've spent 2 weeks and have managed to get it to connect but it never reconnects once I am out of bt range.  There was an app update about a week ago that helped a bit but I am still not reconnecting bt about 50% of the time.  

Best Answer

Same problem here. It did happen occasionally with Charge 5 as well, but it got fixed with the time somehow. Did everything: Reinstall app, forget device, restart phone and Fitbit... restart notifications.... nothing works. I don't know why I've changed from 5 to 6 really...

Best Answer

same thing, i bought the charge 6 a couple days ago & had nothing but probs (android 13) the reviews were ok, but if you chk the views for the app in google lay alot of ppl complaining of same issue & say it was fine until the app was updated. I cant live my life uninstalling & reinstalling the app.i've just spent 45 mins on chat with support, finally connected ,for all of 5 mins. this going back. im nect to my phone & received a whatsapp msg, nothing on my fit bit

Best Answer

Yea, I finally give up.... going back my Mi Band 7 which blows the charge 6 away and has NEVER given me a connection problem on 3 different phones! 

Best Answer

I have had mine about a week and it is constantly dropping Bluetooth and I have to manually reconnect. I am about ready to send it back!

Best Answer

Bring it back mate. I've had mine a few weeks & got abt weeks worth out of it. It's in the box ready to go back. When i rang support they were surprised to hear of my issues 😂. I read out the comments on the forum to him but I think he he muted me (I heard the click when he unmuted me) I asked if he was still surprised I was having these issues but he didn't answer, well, he couldn't if he had muted me. I've bought a luxo smart watch, no issues, it's great, i love it 

Also, one member of support staff said there are no plans to fix the issue, another member said they think they're working on it

Best Answer

I also just bought the Charge 6, i had previously had the Charge2 and Charge4 with no issues whatsoever. I would be next to my phone literally all day and i'd get a text and no buzz on the device. I was on with support numerous times and they kept telling me to restart, reset, delete and re-download the app, etc. I did this probably 4 or 5 times with support and they all seemed to be oblivious to the issue. They told me that i need to refresh the app every day in order for it to work - and this was not the case for either of the old devices. Basically i kept bugging them until they finally sent me a return label and were willing to send me another device to see if thats the issue. so that is current back with them and they will send me a new device and we'll see how that goes. But it seems that the quality of the products since google took over has greatly declined. I assumed this was because google wants us all to wear their devices instead of fitbits brand... but until they come out with a comparably priced product for the features, im not biting on that. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem! My charge 6 won’t stay connected to my phone (iPhone 15 pro max) and I constantly have to reconnect as well as go into the app to sync it. I don’t get my sleep score or readiness score if I don’t. It’s annoying. I called and at first they said it was because my phone was also connected to the app so that I needed to disconnect it which I did and it has not resolved the issue. I’ve had it for nearly two months with this issue. I’ve also had other Fitbit that worked and stayed connected. This is the only one I’ve ever had a problem with. 

Best Answer

Any solutions? Tried everything and still not connecting automatically ? 

Best Answer

Hello everyone!

Thanks for reaching out about the Charge 6. Does everyone receive the message to "Forget This Device" from the bluetooth list and pair it again? Does everyone have an iPhone? I suggest you take a look at the following article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?. Here you find tips to sync the device. 

Please make sure that your Fitbit Charge 6 firmware is up to date. You can check if an update is available on the Fitbit app. Once you open the app, you just need to click on the device icon in the top left corner. Then tap on your device to get to a screen where you can initiate the update. Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah… no. This doesn’t fix the issue. I’ve had 2 replacement devices from Google/FitBit since I bought my original Charge 6 in October of 2023 and all 3 devices have had this issue with all iOS and firmware updates.

Best Answer

Tried everything again. Still not working! Fitbit will you resolve this if not it’s going back.

This fit not work.

What is the solution ?

This does not work.

What is your long term solution !

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of this fixes my issue. I do not get a message saying Forget This Device. Instead, I will just realize that I am no longer getting alerts and when I look at my phone it says Charge 6 is not connected. Sometimes, I can just click on the device and it will reconnect. Sometimes I have to turn off my phone and turn it on again. Other times, I have to restart device. I can get it reconnected again, but I should not have to follow this process every single day. I lose connection literally every single day. I still have my charge 4 and I am probably going to have to go back to it as I never had these connection issues with the Charge 4.

Actually every once in a long while, I would have this happen with Charge 4, but with Charge 6 it is daily.

Best Answer

When do you plan on providing a proper solution to this? My Charge 6 and iPhone are never out of range of one another. Both iOS and firmware are up-to-date, yet my Charge 6 disconnects randomly on a DAILY basis. I never had this issue with my Charge 5.

Best Answer

This does not solve the problem. Is there any solution for the blethooth connection ?

Best Answer

Hello everyone. 

Thanks for reaching out about the Bluetooth connection between your Charge 6 and your iOS smartphone. Please be so kind to confirm your app version and your smartphone so I can document this properly. I will keep on monitoring the situation. We shall see if other iOS users are affected. Thanks in advance!

Best Answer