Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete change in eating habits

I normally had very bad eating habits full of sugar and junk food. Now I have been eliminating sugar and junk food as well as introducing a daily portion of vegetables. I was feeling great for about the first two weeks but now I have horrible stomach aches and headaches. Anyone else had this problem? how long does it take to get used to new changes?

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

sounds like you're going through withdrawal the longer you stay off the sugar and flour and "bad" ingredients the easier it will be lol take two advil call me in the morning

Best Answer

Just power through it because it will be completely worth how great you feel.  Are you combining your new eating habits with working out?  That will help, too!

Best Answer

Hi there, I did that last year and I had the same symptoms develop. Its def your body going through withdrawals and its in shock. You have to be very careful when eliminating things like "sugar" from your diet because sugar is more addicting than any drug, even heroin. I've taken several classes in school in diet/nutrition and learned a lot about this stuff. It's best to only eliminate one thing at a time. And sugar is the hardest food to do, so it takes a long time (or should) to wean yourself. Most people just go cold turkey and typically it takes 2-3 weeks for symptoms to start, and most people can't handle them and they give up or go back.

Also, be careful, sometimes when some people eliminate sugar (something they have fed their bodies their entire lives, their make up (chemicals) hormones, and blood sugar, and other metabolic chemicals can get all whacky and literally cause a chain of unfortunate things to happen. It's def something that should be highly researched and done slowly, to accomplish without too many harsh side effects.

Best Answer

Add some materials while lowering your sugar and carbohydrate towards the fasting. Natural sugars and carbs like Apples and Yogurts. Even a protein shake.

Best Answer

Stick with it. The withdrawal is different for everyone. I had a hard time myself for about a month after I switched to clean eating and cut out all sugar. I tried to stay focused on the little things. Like how my skin was clearing up and my nails were growing. (I'd been biting the **ahem**ed things all my life lol but with the diet change I just naturally stopped.)

You'll notice a lot of great changes if you pay attention. It'll help you to focus more

Best Answer

~Yep, that sounds like detoxing to me. I tried giving up bread products at one point and lasted about the same amount of time. Cutting out refined sugars can be a good idea but you have to do it slowly. going cold turkey means you are more likely to crack and have a junk food feeding frenzy. 

https://thetravellingbat.wordpress.com/
Best Answer

What else are you eating besides vegetables? You can't live on them alone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

coffee or caffeine helped my headaches, I take it easy on the ruf**ahem**e. Certain veggies hurt my stomach also.  

Best Answer
0 Votes