Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going pescatarian, I've lost 55 lbs in 96 days

I hope this works for you like it has for me.

The basic principle is always be at least 1000 calories in deficit everyday.

I chose to only have a maximum of 1000 calories per day but that's up to you.

For approximately every 3500 calories you stay is deficit you will lose 1 lb.

I used technology to log and track all the calories put in to my body and all calories burnt via activity.

Fitbit and Strava are my tools but you could track this however you wish.

I push a pen for a living and with an occasional 20 minute walk and 10 minute cycle ride to work and back burnt an average of calories 3137 per day.

Food wise I went full pescatarian so only eat fruit, veg, fish (Mackerel, Salmon, Tuna and Prawns), oats, mushrooms, Ryvitas and eggs...

I eat five times a day breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner.

I never eat after 6 pm and try to drink 1-2 litres of water a day but am very slack on this.

I stopped drinking tea because of the calories and switched to black coffee.

Although my diet may seem extreme, my NHS health check was outstanding...

That was done after being on this for 12 weeks, so don't worry and ignore the "nay sayers" (see results below).

Cholesterol 4.40
Blood pressure 132/85
HbA1c 37
Blood glucose 3.9
Active
Risk 4.41%

Liver, kidneys, thyroid all good.

I'm wishing you all the results you want.

Good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Dominique I'm brand new to this and only contributed because friends encouraged me to. I have no idea how to find or delete my contributions. Since you have complained that my weight loss, bad knees, bad back and going pescatartion are identical subjects, perhaps you can help me delete my 3 original posts and the one you've created for me? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dominique I'm brand new to this and only contributed because friends encouraged me to. I have no idea how to find or delete my contributions. Since you have complained that my weight loss, bad knees, bad back and going pescatartion are identical subjects, perhaps you can help me delete my 3 original posts and the one you've created for me? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I consolidated your three almost identical topics under a single forum. Please check the Community guidelines on using good network etiquette: "please do not multipost, cross-post".

Can you perhaps give a description of what a typical day of eating a pescatarian diet looks like for you? What did it take to be active with bad knees and extra weight?

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can only empty the content of a post of yours, not delete it altogether. I can’t do that either. However, there’s no real need to do it, since your three posts are now found under the same topic.

Do feel free to expand on your amazing weight loss. 96 days is almost 14 weeks, so we’re talking about an average weight loss of 4 pounds per week. That’s a 2000 calories daily deficit (using the 3500 calories = 1 pound rule). It’s quite some deficit to keep for 3+ months straight. I’m sure many would be interested to hear how you managed to do it.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used technology to log and track all the calories put in to my body and all calories burnt via activity.

I push a pen for a living and with an occasional 20 minute walk and 10 minute cycle ride to work and back burnt an average of calories 3137 per day.

Food wise I went full pescatarian so only eat fruit, veg, fish (Mackerel, Salmon, Tuna and Prawns), oats, mushrooms, Ryvitas and eggs...

I eat five times a day breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner.

I never eat after 6 pm and try to drink 1-2 litres of water a day but am very slack on this.

That was done after being on this for 12 weeks, so don't worry and ignore the "nay sayers" (see results below).

Cholesterol 4.40
Blood pressure 132/85
HbA1c 37
Blood glucose 3.9
Active
Risk 4.41%

Good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've lost 55 lbs in 96 days.

This has been achieved despite having a bad back and 3 knee operations by the time I finished my 12 years in the British Army (Royal Engineers) in 1998.

public url: //www.fitbit.com/user/5GK5DH

Cholesterol 4.40
Blood pressure 132/85
HbA1c 37
Blood glucose 3.9
Active
Risk 4.41%

Good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is awesome and quite inspiring. I'm curious would you mind sharing some of your meal choices. I normally prepare fish the same way, I'm curious how you change things up, also do you eat fish everyday or skip a few days? Thanks in advance and great job!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also would love to see your average day meal plan.  Do you consume dairy?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MagsOnTheBeach, @dcruz44, I noticed that this poster is no longer a member of the Community, so will not be able to respond.

Best Answer

That was an odd hit and run! 😛

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you USAF- Larry.

Best Answer
0 Votes