Countdown timer Mode

It would be nice if the longpress on the Charge/HR had the option for a countdown timer instead of a stopwatch timer. We could use the app to set functionality of the longpress, as well as how long of a countdown would be activated by a longpress.

At the gym, I wait 45 seconds between sets. Right now, I can longpress to start a stopwatch, and check the timer every so often until I get to 45 seconds.This is much more difficult than just longpressing one time and waiting for the band to vibrate.

If the app had the option, we could change functionality of the longpress so that a preset (in the app) timer would go off, with a vibration at the end. Again, we could change this timer countdown time simply by pressing the option in the app

Charge HR OptionsCharge HR Options

Longpress OptionsLongpress Options

Moderator edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

43 Comments
Deand
Powerwalker

I would like a countdown before i start my run using mobile run. Most other apps have an adjustable time e.g. 30 seconds, 60 seconds etc.

CrazyJohn99
Jogger

I have the Fitbit Charge, and I love the alarm/vibration notification feature. How about adding a countdown timer to the notifications? That way if, for example, I want to work at my computer for 45 minutes before taking a short break, my Fitbit can tell me when the time is up by using the vibration notifications. Thank you for your help!

techjunkie860
Recovery Runner

Dont forget about the Surge too.

GreenPants
Jogger

Ditto. At squash we play 12 minute games and then rotate. Would be great to be able to be notified when time is up without having to constantly monitor a watch.

Tom2
Jogger

First, I have had my Fitbit Surge for only one week and I am in awe with its functions.  Like a couple of other comments, I would love for my Surge to have a count-down function with an alarm like my dear old Timex Ironman.  The Timex count-down function can be a single count-down/alarm or a repeat count-down/alarm.  I use this function quite a lot when cooking.

Since I love to climb mountains it would also be nice to have a altimeter function.  

Thanks for any consideration. 

oijewhjlsdf
Jogger

It would be great if I could set the timer directly from the Charge (or Charge HR) without using my smartphone. Maybe if the user held down the button, the timer would count up in increments of 5 minutes?

Jdave76
First Steps
Ability to set display duration, eg 5,10,20,custom mins and always on.Be good to glance at heart rate or stopwatch during exercise.
pugley
Jogger

I want this feature for my workouts.  For example, if I am holding a plank for 60 seconds, I would like to be able to set the 60 sec countdown on my wrist, and be able to see the seconds counting on the dispay, and then feel a vibration when the timer was up.

It would be especially useful for static holds where it's difficult to see your phone, such as a dish position.  If it had smaller vibrations to indicate increments too, like every 60s, that'd be great.

ADBBrain
First Steps

I really need the HR to stay visable, like it did before the last update. I use it for bio-feedback, and reaching out every 15 seconds makes this imposible. this was one of the main reasons I purchased the Surge.

Rojak
Jogger

I agree totally! If the FitBit App could have a Toggle located under Customize Display that read:

Display on During Exercise Mode (will decrease battery life)

that would be a huge improvement!

Glancing at your wrist while exercising to see your heart rate is very useful for staying in the zone.

But pressing the button every time during a workout is a huge pain.

Battery life is not as important as FitBit thinks it is. Especially if you plug in your fitbit everytime you take a shower.

Proximity
Stepping Up

Stop watch is ok but it does not notify when something has finished. When e.g. doing gym I need constant 5 min intervals. Could you add that feature to the app and sync it with Charge HR? E.g. 3 minutes, 5 minutes and custom?

Thanks!

Proximity
Stepping Up
Solution could be as simple as replacing 1 button function to this timer. One press and it starts counting down to zero from preset time in app. Once finished it vibrates. Every press initiate new time down.
DVD1968
Recovery Runner
Ever wish the Fitbit could be used to countdown 30, 60, 90 or 120 seconds in between reps at the gym? It can! All we need to do is vote for this feature request so their programmers can get started.
Imagine you finished your rep and then double tap the Fitbit which starts counting down from whatever you set for your standard gym rest interval on the iPhone Fitbit app (much like you would set the Fitbit alarm). Standard options could be 30, 60, 90, and 120 seconds. When the timer is finished the Fitbit vibrates so you can begin the next workout.
A simple idea that extends the Fitbit functionality for gym enthusiasts!
BrilliantEX
Recovery Runner

Good Morning,

I am an Exercise Physiologist and have used and recommended your FitBit products. I work in enviroments such as Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab, Stress Testing Labs, and my own personal business. I did not want a smart watch. I love my SURGE but find I NEED a couple more functions to make this HEALTH TRACKER/Watch really everything I need with my clients and patients.

1. PLEASE ADD A STOP WATCH FUNCTION.

2. PLEASE ADD A COUNT DOWN FUNCTION.

3. PLEASE ADD A COUNT UP FUNCTION.

Proximity
Stepping Up
To be honest a lot if exercises required timing. Starting stopwatch requiring me to look at watch all the time. There is no difference between this device and big clock on the wall! Fitbit just add a function that can replace on mobile app the timer. Once function is synched witch the device - one button on charge hr will simply start count down witch preset values.
BrilliantEX
Recovery Runner

Hi Proximity,

I am speaking of the SURGE.

Because I work with patients and stress testing with pharmocutical drugs, timing is of extreme importance. It takes getting several other departments working together to make this happen for 1 patient. Sometimes the actual timing is different from the computers program and a separate stop watch is needed to have accurate timing of the test. I might have to do this 5-10 times a day based on the number of patients. These are functions on my $35.00 Timex that I have to carry around because these functions are not available. I think these are common functions and should be on a $250 Health Tracker. FitBit has done a fabulous job with its products and I think this is a simple fix for their tech teams. Like I said, "I love my SURGE ". I am not complaining but mirely making suggestions.

SIMPLY PUT,  a separate stopwatch and count up/count down timers are the real solution. A vibration at the end of the counters would be great too.

Nothinghead
First Steps
This needs to happen before I purchased another brand of finesse watches
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please add a chronograph and countdown timer for the CHARGE HR.  I ended up returning mine to the store today because it lacked those two simple yet essential tools.  The ideal Fitbit for me would have all of the features of the Charge HR PLUS the chronograph and countown timer functionality of a Timex Ironman.  I hope to see those features integrated in the near future.  Thank you.

Canadianbloke
First Steps

I would love a count down function, 5, 3 and 1 minutes would be a great asset for sailing.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@bradw1 This is awesome! A countdown timer is definitely more suitable than a stopwatch for certain types of workouts and I can see a lot of Fitbit users potentially benefiting from a feature like this.

Thank you for sharing your idea with us!

dmarcoux
Jogger

I can't figure out how to "like" this to vote for it, but yes, this a hundred times over.  How does a fitness watch NOT include some form of seconds?  I was hoping the watch interfacde would at least show seconds, and it doesn't.  The ability to set a timer would be hugely appreciated for timing both rests between sets and interval training.

stingrayM
Recovery Runner
COUNTDOWN TIMER Important Feature! For a 30 minute exercise, mabe take a 40 minute nap, do a 50 minute Meditation routine. PLEASE IMPLEMENT THIS FEATURE! Perhaps not a big deal, but great value! FitBit Charge HR
Mulan
First Steps
Would love to see a stopwatch and countdown timer feature on the Charge HR. That would make it perfect! I need these features for work so then I can wear the charge Hr for work and stop using a traditional watch
Dave_M_G
Strider

In addition to a countdown timer that can be set via the app, there is no reason there couldn't be alarms set to other criteria. Calories burned, steps walked, stairs climbed.

Personally, the two things I want to be able to is set a custom countdown time and a custom number of calories burned. Hope to see these features added to the Charge HR.

123cano
First Steps
Please add a countdown timer to make this the perfect sports watch
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.