Allow child accounts to link to IFTTT

As of right now we cannot do any kind of integration with 3rd party apps like IFTTT with a child fitbit account. While I understand that we don't want to have a record of child personal identifiable information for legal reasons could we allow for something like access to if one of the child accounts (which could be a number for all I care) hits their step goal?

My Ultimate thought process behind this is to use IFTTT with Choremonster and give extra points which could be redeemed for screen time. Also it would be cool to change the lights in my son's bedroom when he hits that goal. I have a very connected house so I would love to make the concept of hitting his goal more fun.

Moderator edit: Title & label

Moderator edit: labels

3 Comments
Julia_G
Ultramarathon Racer

It's always fun to give kids extra rewards for meeting their goals, so this seems like a great idea to me.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks @Xcom923, that's a great suggestion. Watch this space for future updates!

Status changed to: Not currently planned
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion @Xcom923 ! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.