Add American Express (UK) to Fitbit Pay

With Amex cards offering one of the highest cashback rates in the UK, it would be great to be able to use Fitbit pay in the UK with this card. 

20 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @beaver_545 thanks for sharing your request. We're always checking more bank options to be added to our official list. 

eroomeoj94
Stepping Up

There needs to be more Banks for the UK, it hasn't changed since Fitbit Pay first released

Jillie6
Recovery Runner

Agreed. I use Apple Pay on phone with AMEX and won’t upgrade my Fitbit to one that pays until AMEX added. I see AMEX works for folks in USA. And there is a huge list of banks for USA compared to very limited cards to use in UK, which don’t seem to have changed much since launch. Doesn’t look as if much interest from Fitbit in expanding uk list. Any update on American Express use in uk, Fitbit? 

Ioana6754
Jogger

Please please add Amex UK to fitbit pay! Amex is very widely accepted now, paying with the watch is a super useful feature and the main reason I (and many others from what I can tell) am not upgrading my Fitbit is that I only use Amex and it's not supported. Amex works with the Apple Watch and with Fitbit in the US so surely it can’t be that hard!

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Ioana6754, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here to keep this board organized.

Jillie6
Recovery Runner

I see a Fitbit moderator has moved a comment. Please could they actually make a comment in this and indicate if Fitbit are planning to do this? I stupidly upgraded to a new device just for this facility (altho battery was dying) only to find it’s useless. 

beaver_545
Jogger

@Jillie6, considering my original request is now over a year old, I believe

"We're always checking more bank options to be added to our official list. 

to be a way to fob us all off, obviously, they're not interested in adding any UK banks and not interested in UK customers. My guess is that with the pending takeover of Fitbit by Google, the only real hope is that Fitbit Pay will become Google Pay going forward, not sure how that will help Apple users though. 

I originally received my Fitbit as a gift and was really wanting to try out Fitbit Pay when I saw it stated on the box. In the future, when my watch has gone wrong, I'll prioritise other brands and suggest to people not to buy Fitbit as I am very disappointed with the lack of support for UK cards.

StoneLaughter
Recovery Runner
Fitbit Pay is woefully under-utilised in the UK with only six to eight cards supported, most of which I never heard of! What about supporting all the cards, like Android and Apple Pay do? I can't even add my American Express card to FitBit pay!!!
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @StoneLaughter, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add American Express (UK) to Fitbit Pay. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Simon1402
First Steps
Pleeeease make fitbit pay available on banks and cards in the UK that people have actually heard of. So far there is Santander and a few odd banks with about two customers each. A starting point would be UK Amex cards since it is already available on US Amex cards but also the major UK banks.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Simon1402, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see Add UK Amex cards to Fitbit Pay. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Jgray2020
First Steps

I'm in the same boat. I was literally about to buy a charge 4 special edition, to upgrade my normal charge 3, and I was stopped dead in my tracks because I seen amex wasn't in the approved banks list for the UK.

rilhia
Jogger

This is just another failing for this watch. I REALLY wanted to LOVE this watch. Unfortunately I keep finding little things (that could be easily resolved) that are pretty poor. If you have AMEX in the US, why can it not be added to the UK?

jorgedro
Jogger

I cannot believe AMEX is not supported... Three years have passed since the initial "We're always checking for new banks" All developers should be ashamed.

Graeme1974
Recovery Runner

Lloyds direct debit and post office master card would be great. Now you having the backing of google this should be getting sorted, so lots more cards should be being brought onto Fitbit Pay. 

pete-S
Base Runner

Hmm - I think "Works with your favourite banks" may be stretching it a bit.  The listed banks and credit cards maybe cover 5% of the UK banking & credit card sector.  I haven't even heard of some of them.  C'mon - it's kinda easy in the UK where we have a few big financial institutions and Amex.

garyglencross
Stepping Up

I won't buy another Fitbit.  I am on my second Fitbit Ionic and that is now 3.5 years that I have been a Fitbit Ionic owner.  The support for Fitbit pay is still terrible and to date I've never been able to add a card.  I see they will be adding Google apps, including Google Pay to all new watches so they definitely won't be doing anything more for users of older watches.  That tells me something about the company and it's lack of customer support and loyalty.  Well they have lost my loyalty and I will never buy another of their products.

Lou1982
First Steps

I can't believe the request for more UK banks goes back to 2017!!

Please add AMEX  to the list, and can you let us know how long this process should take.

Thank you

KatieLondon
First Steps

Can we have an update as to why Amex has still not been added?

kelly.br
First Steps

The year is 2013, the request for more UK banks goes back to 2017 and moderators only show up to move comments but not to give any explanation or updates; and there's still no news on why FitBit will not accept Amex nor ANY of the major UK banks to the wallet. It still only accepts a handful of "banks" that no one has heard of. I just got a Charge 5 bc my previous Charge died out of nowhere, and I'm seriously considering returning it.

They also don't inform any of this on the product page, so you're aware of it before purchasing.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.