Add BMO to Fitbit Pay

Add BMO (Bank of Montreal) to Fitbit Pay please!

79 Comments
calvinlove0
First Steps

YES Please add BMO!!!

SconesyCidr
First Steps

Please add BMO to your Canadian bank list

ArcoC
First Steps

Very disappointed. I've read post since 2018 requiring Canadian bank such BMO TD bank and others to be added ti Fitbit.

3 years later, still not happening. An AGILE approach would need to be considered.

I really find the following situation laughable. Can you believe, Capital One in USA works, but not in Canada... Very well done Fitbit...

I feel like returning back my Fitbit sense to Amazon, and buy a similar great quality product from a Fitbit competitor, where I will get the same features and being able to pay with my watch.

SKyte
Jogger
Yeah I switched to Apple Watch and have been easily contactless paying with my wrist ever since! It’s so awesome! I loved my Fitbit but it was limited for sure when I paid the extra to have Fitbit pay and years later still couldn’t use it with my bank. I still use it for its sleep tracking though I prefer it to Apple Watch for that.

Sent from my iPhone
Bbruinsma
First Steps

I agree I'm still waiting for bmo fitbit pay..

banffboop
Jogger
Bank of Montreal (BMO) is not listed as a compatible bank. VERY disappointing.
Odyssey13
Community Legend

@banffboop  get with your bank manager and request that bank work with Fitbit to make this happen. Fitbit can only work with banking institutions that want to do this and customers, like yourself, have the greatest influence on your banks. Talk to your bank and have your friends talk, too.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @banffboop, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see BMO on Fitbit Pay. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

jellowalker
First Steps

My shiny new Charge 4 was just delivered and I was excited for Fitbit Pay but you don't support BMO?  How is it that RBC is the only one of the big 5 banks that you support?  It's been 3 years now since the start of this community thread and the situation hasn't improved.  Is this a problem with Fitbit or a problem with the banks?  I imagine they'd be more than happy to let users attach credit cards to yet another device that allows those users to borrow money.

Snorley
First Steps
Both are well known banks that are accepted on many other platforms including Apple Pay, Android/Google Pay. Many Canadian users would use this feature more if their banks were offered.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Snorley, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Add BMO to Fitbit Pay

Please add PC Financial mastercard to Fitbit Pay.

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

Klyky
Jogger

I've already upvoted, but just wanted to voice my support for this in words as well. Also, wanted to know if there's anything more I can do from my end to help speed this up in any way? I've tried messaging BMO through my online banking to see if they have any plans to work with Fitbit Pay in the future but have yet to receive a response. Not sure what else I can/should be doing - any suggestions? 

I realize very well that they are separate systems and that this is much easier said than actually done - but since Fitbit is now completely part of the Alphabet family and my BMO card works with Google Pay... it'd be nice if there was some way to add your Google Pay info/cards into Fitbit Pay. Or somehow merge the two payment systems into one (using the Google Pay system as the backbone since it's used on more devices and supports more cards) and then simply rebrand "Fitbit Pay" as the Fitbit-exclusive version of Google Pay designed to work on Fitbit activity tracker devices? That way you increase the total number of banks/cards supported significantly, and can leverage the power of Google Pay - which I would be willing to bet has many times more users and greater brand recognition than Fitbit Pay (this could lead to more sales too, since, y'know, people - even in Canada - would actually be able to use their preferred bank with any NFC-supported Fitbit device and therefore would have more reasons to buy). 

Granted, I have no idea how either system actually works behind the scenes (so this could all just be ignorant babbling that is impossible to actually implement) but it seems to me that in this case it would certainly make sense to adopt the larger, more widely used system of the parent company instead of spending time and money trying to create your own niche payment solution that (3+ years later) still does not support all of the major Canadian banks. I'm sure it would require some renegotiation of contracts (between the financial institutions and Google and/or Fitbit Pay) but from a customer perspective I'd certainly see a lot of value in that. I understand that the Fitbit team have probably shed a lot of blood, sweat, and tears to get the Fitbit Pay service to the place it is today, and I can certainly appreciate why they'd want to keep that alive, but sometimes it's better to "know when to fold 'em" in order to increase the end user/customer experience - especially if the Google Pay route is at all feasible. 

DJay-Z
Jogger

It's been 2 1/2 years and still hasn't happened - Noting that there are 6 chartered banks in Canada which between them hold 85% of the market share, it shouldn't be that difficult.

honeybrown
First Steps

Yes.  Please add BMO (Bank of Montreal) to FitPay please. Its the only thing holding this back from being a goto watch.

alexandertyrell
First Steps

Please add Bank of Montreal debit card to the wallet. It is the only bank I use.

TonyFrith
Jogger

The cost of Fitbit Sense has come down to $230 Canadian. It is time that BMO MasterCard made the watch part of the modern world. Here are those already compatible:

Banks:

•  ATB Financial (Mastercard)
  •  Brim Financials (Mastercard)
  •  Manulife Bank of Canada (Visa)
  •  RBC Royal Bank (Visa)
  •  Stack Canada Bank (Mastercard)
  •  U.S. Bank Canada
honeybrown
First Steps

Please add.  Any update of this request?

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi there, @honeybrown. At this moment, we don't have updates for this feature suggestion. We'll keep you updated as soon as we receive more details. 

See you around.

DJay-Z
Jogger

You would think that with Google buying control over FitBit that FitBit Pay would be replaced by Google Pay

and we would then have access to a larger number of banks.
I'm wondering if FitBit has already stopped expanding its FitBit Pay partners in anticipation of this?
In any case, it's been almost a year since the buyout - let's get moving on this!

Totallywedged
Jogger
I first added a comment to this chain after purchasing my charge device 2years ago specifically for the Fitbit pay feature that didn’t work with my BMO credit card. The device now no longer works (dead battery that is not replaceable) & BMO has still not been added. I’ve been purchasing Fitbit devices around every 2 years since they came on the market. Everyone developed a fatal problem between 1 & 2 years (just after warranty is up & Fitbit only offers a discount on a new purchase when that happens. I had high hopes when Google acquired Fitbit, but alas, not much has changed. I’m done with Fitbit & will replace my failed Charge device with one of the many more reliable devices offered by Fitbit’s competitors.
Elliekennard
Tempo Runner

Yes please, it's been years!

StevenKennard
Jogger

Please support BMO!

TonyFrith
Jogger
Has BMO joined the 21st century?
CanadianByrd
First Steps

The fact that BMO is not included is just showing that fitbit doesn't care to include them.  Perhaps Canada isn't a big enough market for them to push forward and therefore i am less inclinded to invest in any further fitbit devices, for that reason.

The community has made its need known and upvoted more than should be necessary.   It is not just BMO but TD, CIBC, RBC and the like are also needed.

Elliekennard
Tempo Runner

Already moved on to a different make of watch. I can at least use Google Pay on that one, which supports BMO etc., of course.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.