Add other “sex” options to female health tracking

As a female user who is sexually active, I want to be able to accurately track my sexual health. In order to do so, I need to be able to both select multiple types of sex: protected AND unprotected; not either/or (binary) as well as log pull-out as another form of sex. This is in addition to and separate from my saved birth control method. 

8 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks again for sharing a suggestion! I think that it'd be great to have more options to log this information, as it is really important to maintain all details in one place.

Miriam85
Recovery Runner

I agree! Sexual acted, protected/unprotected, and method of protection should each be a separated entity because they can change. I may have a friend with benefits i know is clean who gets tested regularly and I'm on the pill (which i have set as my preferred method) so when i engage with him i don't use added protection ergo i may say none; however I may have a one night stand with a person I pick up in a bar where I use a female condom (not currently a choice I don't think) and a superficial sponge because I forgot to pick up my pill prescription and I don't know this person. 

Adding libido levels (low, med, high), and masturbation would also be really helpful. Some of us don't always fall under the "sex" category and putting unprotected or protected sex doesn't really make sense either but there's no way to track libido in the female health app either. 

jh1991
First Steps

Agreed with above- tracking sexual activity is important for many things other than 'protected' and 'unprotected'; masturbation, libido changes, different forms of sex, if orgasm was present, etc. can all impact health and should be available to be tracked! There are more than two ways of having sex, and they should be able to be tracked!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

It would be great if the days on the calendar in the Femal Health Tracking would be open to edits, so that one can add sexual active days, ovulation, etc. Right now is very very limited to only add the days of menstrual cycle and nothing else. The app decides when you ovulate. It is not how females work, we are all different and ovulate at a time that our bodies decide and not what the app suggests. Please allow more edit freedom.

MWard3
First Steps

Agreed, masterbation should be a viable option too.

MWard3
First Steps
Yea, ok. You don't know me or my situation. So, I'll just take your advice
with a grain of salt. Thanks.
Slowmad
Jogger

It would be good to add that.

thegreendahlia
First Steps

I agree, this should definitely be added. Why does Fitbit think we can only have unprotected or protected sex in the same day and not both?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.