Expand Birth Control Tracking (Add reminders, application/removal logging, etc.)

Hi,

I've been looking around the female health tracking features on the Windows desktop app and I love the idea of integration this information into the Fitbit dashboard! Can't wait for the feature to land on Android and my Versa!

But I've noticed that while it asks what your contraception method is, it doesn't actually seem to do anything with this information.

It would be great if there was an option to track if the pill was taken and how that affects your fertility, e.g. if the pill is missed inform when the fertile window restarts. Also, reminders to take the pill being pushed to the watch/tracker would be very useful.

Finally, it would be helpful and less confusing if the fertile window automatically switched off if you have defined your birth control method as pill/injection/patch/ring (i.e. ovulation inhibited) and only reappeared if birth control is missed

Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity

54 Comments
MaryL1309
First Steps

Love the new Female Health tracking feature. A birth control pill tracker would be so helpful. To track if you took it on time or missed it etc. Also an alarm to remind you to take the pill would be amazing. This would make the feature perfect for me. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. This would be very useful for a lot of female users. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Redbow17
First Steps

I agree with this completely! A simple notification to remind me to take my pill at a customisable time would be ideal! 

VGMartin
First Steps

Read my mind! Just a little section to track daily if the contraceptive was taken, missed, and whatnot, and also notification reminders!

Rals10
First Steps

Ditto!!! Would be so nice to have a reminder for birth control!

RewiredSynapse
First Steps

With the new female tile being released, I'm excited that I can keep all of my health stuff in one place. I take the pill and I can be rather forgetful and I believe it would be beneficial if I could log when I've taken a pill, and set reminders to take my pill.

Carlz8
First Steps

If your going to offer this you have to be able to track the same things that any other app does ..track your pill .. your mood .. with reminders for all ..less info adding apps means more of a complete health picture for some one too. . Also have this as an app for the blaze/versa so I don't have to use my phone to enter all the information

Arisanna
First Steps

My thoughts exactly. Right now I use another to track all described. I’d love to track everything with Fitbit instead but with these limitations in place it isn’t at worthwhile for me to use Fitbit’s female health functionality. I look forward to future updates

als6340
First Steps

I noticed I was asked what form of birth control I was using, but the app doesn't seem to do anything with this information. It would be helpful to incorporate if you're on the Nuvaring, for example, if you decide to skip your period for the month and just reinsert a new ring after removing the old one or if you're on the pill, skipping all the sugar pills and starting a new pack...and reflect this on the app. Currently, it won't let us do that and it just shows one really long cycle and throws off all the other averages. The only "cycle-altering event" allowed to be recorded is the morning after pill. 

cgb22
Stepping Up

Add a way to track birth control in the menstruation app calendar.

Since we already select the birth control used it could be adapted to the choise, for example :

- Starting new 21 or 28 days (or other) pill package (it could compute the day the package will be empty, should also be flexible as some people skip the sugar pills so they don't menstruate every month)

- Inserting and removing of nuvaring (it could compute when it's been 3 weeks, or 4 weeks if you're using in a continuous manner)

- Application and removal of contraceptive patch

- Injection of Depo Provera

etc.

Otherwise what's the point of having all those contraceptives to chose from when using the app ? Is this information even used right now ?

Ails.19
Jogger

I also have been using the menstral tracker on Fitbit and find it to be very helpful. Most things I need are all now in one place thanks to fitbits ‘crazy-good’ app! Well done 👍🏼 

I do think that the menstral tracker does need a few little tweaks and a contraceptive logging ‘feature’ such as a button would be one of them, just to show users when it was was last used etc. Another feature I would also think quite useful would be the option to add a note per day... otherwise you’ll end up having a whole list to scroll though of things we’d like to make note of like bloating, cravings, PMS.... (gosh the female body is tiring and complex, though I don’t think there is any need to make a feature of fitbit as complex - a note option would mitigate this).

Eugisuke
First Steps

A reminder for the vaginal ring or the pill would be awesome.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Love this idea! Right now I'm still having to use another tracker for all this information. I would love to fully commit to using the Fitbit female health tracking if it had these options. But until then, I'm stuck using the other app. I'd love to have one less app to have to update with my health info.

bexterfish
First Steps

it seems bazar to me that morning after pill is an option but contraceptive pill isnt - be useful to many women to log when they've taken it and havea remeinder to do so

fegglebagel
First Steps

Yes please!

I'm new to the FitBit community (just bought my Versa last week) and came on here hoping it was already a feature that I just couldn't find. Very disappointed that it isn't, but would be super excited if the lack of birth control tracking/reminders were remedied.

Please and thank you in advance 🙂

Curae
First Steps

Completely agree with the suggestion. I skip my period for months at a time as I just don't feel like dealing with cramps and the hassle. 

If Fitbit wants accurate data (as was first advertised as well I believe) tracking the use of contraceptives will be useful, aside of course from it being useful to everyone using contraceptives and the app... 

Dmyles
First Steps

BCP reminders are a great idea! 

And please don't remove the other contraception options. They are all completely relevant to women's health and if some women should choose not to use them then they don't have to.

Aklee123
First Steps

This is a great option for users tracking their birth control. A notes section to add on any additional notes to your BC or period would be super beneficial as well. 

Gulde
Jogger

I agrre with this. This aoo dosn't seem to do anything with the information about birthcontbirt I give it. In fact, being on the pill means I gan quit precisely predict my next period, but it is nice to see it on a calendar. However, if I miss some of my pills from forgetting to restart taking them (mine doesn't come with placebo pills for tje off week) I know that will push my next period, so it would be nice to eather track thst information (missed pill) and have tje app readjust tje predictions, or simply be able to correct/push the prediction myself as to have it moee correct. It is a little disheartening to have the app tell my tjat my period is almost over, when in fact it jasnha even started yet)

I totally agree. This should be a feature. It is part of tracking health and would help to track if having a break from the pill ect causes certain symptoms.

Sophz_
Jogger

Totally agree, a reminder to take the pill everyday would be so helpful!

Eugisuke
First Steps

I tricked the birth control app so it believes that my period is the 7 days without the contraceptive ring, so now when the period reminder comes I know I have to take the ring off. I still wait for improvements in the app, but in the meantime that's a solution. 

Thereza
Jogger

YES! Please add the ability to log when you take birth control. In my case would be when i put a patch on or when i take a patch off. It would be very helpful to keep track of how long after i take my patch off does my period actually come.

Love the Female Health Tracker Feature!!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yes, please add feature for pill reminder and such!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

1000% yes. A pill reminder would be fantastic. Maybe having it remind you like an alarm with a quiet vibration. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.