Broadcast heart rate date over BTLE.

It seems odd that the Fitbit can broadcast Heart rate date over BTLE. Then other devices lie bike computers and phone apps could have access to HR data. As is it seems stupid to have to use a second HR sense when already wearing Fitbit. I think this could be done with just a software update.

I am very actively looking for a new system for my road bike.    Fitbit almost does what I need but it can't record cadence and any of the others (Garmin or Wahoo) that can record cadence can't access the HR data on the Fitbit.   Looks like I'll have to move over to Garmin

5 Comments
Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit. We’d encourage you to make this suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly. Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

MartinB3
Jogger
Please add support for BTLE "HRP" (heart rate profile) readings:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_Low_Energy#Sports_and_fitness_profiles

This profile is used by devices like bikes in gyms, many ANT+ devices, etc.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @MartinB3. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about supporting the heart rate tracking via BTLE with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support and keep adding your suggestions.

ialmazan
First Steps
Fitbit, get the ball rolling and cash in on all the smart trainers needing a heart rate sensor.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @ialmazan, thanks for sharing your idea about the possibility of adding an option to broadcast HR via BTLE. I noticed that a similar suggestions has already been posted, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized.

Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time.

Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.