Capital One for Canada

Hey Fitbit,

You already have Capital One supported for the US, so please have it supported in Canada as well! I have an RBC debit card but that is not currently supported in Canada. So, of the two cards I have, neither of them work with fitbit pay which is quite frustrating.

20 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thanks for sharing your suggestion with us @ChiakiAngel.

Let's see what other users have to say about it.

RalphEe
Jogger

What is taking so long to add banks from Canada. It's not like there's a lot (5 big banks) and Capital One. what's the time frame or any news.

JenniferAnnB
Jogger

I'm with Ralph Ee !  

Vints
First Steps

Please add Capital One Canada!

Bbrannen
First Steps

I am concerning purchasing a Fitbit Versa special edition.  But if Capital One Canada and RBC Debit are not supported, I will not be able to use the Fitbit Pay feature. 

KatBlack813
First Steps

Unfortunately I already upgraded to the Versa Special Edition precisely for the pay option. My bad for not doing enough research. Without Capital One Canada it is a useless feature for me. I definitely can not recommend this Fitbit to anyone when asked about the pay options. 

odorfuyb
Jogger

Such a turn off to know that after buying your fitbit, you cant even use the fitbit pay option.

JessPal
First Steps

Bought the versa 2 , excited to be able to use the wallet on my phone. And of course I didn’t do my research and now that option to use it is totally useless on the watch.

fitbit add RBC and capital one to Canada. U.S.A. gets all the good stuff. 😡

ChiakiAngel
Jogger

You can tell they don't really care, considering I made this suggestion almost 2 years ago and not a word from them. They still don't support any debit cards, nor do they support Capital One. This is ridiculous. May just be switching to Apple, because they at least support my bank.

RalphEe
Jogger

FYI Apple also doesn’t support Capital One.

ChiakiAngel
Jogger

Yeah, I know they don't support Capital One. I should have specified that I meant my RBC bank. Apple supports the debit function, while Fitbit does not.

MisterSnuffy
First Steps

Yes is there any update for better bank coverage in Canada. Is Capital One Canada going to be added to Fitbit Pay? 

JessPal
First Steps
I wanted to add capital one to Fitbit pay,
Yea I have tried but says I couldn’t add it cause it’s not on the list for Canada.
Thank you for your time .

Jessica
gmayor
First Steps

This issue is over 2 years old - when are we going to see a change? I just bought a Charge 3 BECAUSE it has the PAY option.

Ed_Dobbertin
First Steps

Please add support for Capital One Canada!

yuracbt
First Steps

Please add support for Capital One Canada!

RalphEe
Jogger

Forgot this. CapitalOne Canada is leaving Canada this year.  Costco/Hudson Bay will have a new credit card. Just hope it will be add/compatible with Fitbit.

DanGoveia85
Jogger

i'm also same situation here in canada... have a capital one credit card and rbc debit card... neither work.... wish I knew this before i just forked out half a grand on a watch i thought I'd be able to use to purchase goods with 😔😔

Kalsyd
First Steps

I would also love if Capital One Mastercard was added as a payment card or even better Simplii debit card.

Bussybee93
First Steps

I'm shook that this has been an issue for so long!? We need access to all major banks/creditors! End if story! 

Scotiabank and capital one! Please! Pay for the rights and away we all go! You will make up for it in reccomendations from your current users actually being able to use their 'smart' watch for what it was intended for. Vs 'oh yea its great EXCEPT...' no more caveats fitbit!! 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.