Change Reminder to Move notifications to be based on time idle instead of set time

Currently move notifications are based on specific hours of the clock.  This means If I do my 250 steps in the first 5 minutes of an hour, I then don't get notified to move until the last 10 minutes of the next hour.  This means I have no sat idle for 1 hour and 45 minutes (105mins) without a notification.  Most other devices notify you if you haven't moved for 45-60 minutes and then continue to notify you every few minutes if you still haven't moved.  The longer you haven't moved the more you need to walk to make up for it (which is the general opinion of most doctors and research that the longer you sit idle the more you should move to counter act the effects). 

10 Comments
Achyut
Stepping Up

I will take 250 steps in every hour but my longest stationary time is more than 1 hour. reason being when I Complete my hourly target within first few minutes and after that I'll be idle till the next reminder.

Ex: If I complete 250 steps at 10:15 then I'm idle or busy in front of system then I will be getting next reminder to take steps only at 11:50. My longest stationary time is affected by this.

I want my Fitbit to Remind if I'm idle for more than 1 hour regardless hourly target.

Larkinwalks
Jogger

I’m a long Time Up user moving to Fitbit Flex 2 because Jawbone has gone out of business. Two features I sorely miss from me Up:

reminder to get up and move after 30 minute of inactivity (your 250 steps an hour reminder is useless in this regard)

syncing to Apple health. My up talked to Apple health which sync with my mindfulness app, and others. I really miss this. 

Rupertbear
Recovery Runner

Just NO please!

I enjoy the two 1 hour 50 minutes I have if I plan it right, and can rest or have a nap without spoiling my record.

Theres nothing stopping you getting up!

Not everyone wants or needs to be chased up more than it does already, I think they have it just right.

Rustman58
Jogger

Would like to see the notification Of the 250 steps and hour, be made adjustable.just like the steps.

Damatu75
Strider

I love this idea, but agree that it should be an option - another setting for your device, where you can choose your movement reminders to be based on clock time or idle time.

StatDude
Jogger

I agree that the minimum steps/hour should be adjustable. Keep the minimum at 250. I also agree about the weekend comment - why not let us choose which hours of the day we want to keep moving?

AmberDean
Recovery Runner

Agreed that it should be an option but also think that the 250 steps should be adjustable. I'd like to change mine to a higher number so I can get a solid 12 hours of no vibrations and still make my step goal.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

UlfS
First Steps

Why does the Fitbit (Inspire HR + Iphone IOS 13) calendar reminder function show the reminder time rather than the actual event calendar time?

Example: this morning at 06.40 the Fitbit showed a reminder "25 minutes ago" for an event happening at 06.30 with a 15-minute Outlook reminder set -- I propose it should actually show "10 minutes ago"

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @UlfS, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on your reminders. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.