Connect Fitbit account with AllTrails

I use Alltrails to log my hikes and walks, I much prefer it to MapMyWalk (MapMyRun, etc).  Is there any possibile way to connect my Fitbit account to AllTrails?  I have an Inspire (not HR).

Moderator edit: updated label

5 Comments
Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @MsRosieP. Thanks for sharing your idea about integrating Fitbit with AllTrails with us! We wanted to let you know that our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit! We’d encourage you to make your suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly! Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

PortHayBay
First Steps

Hello, 

The PNW living is all about being outdoors.  My friends and I have discussed that one of the many favorite apps on our phones is AllTrails as well as our favorite fitness bands being our FitBit.  I have read forums online about how to get GPS from the Fitbit and a hurdle through some other things online to connect it to the AllTrails app.  However, it’s so many extra steps when instead creating an All Trails app for the Fitbit would benefit more.  Plugging in the GPS from the Fitbit to the alltrails also doesn’t earn us badges for our hikes.  I suggest making the link with their app to get onto Fitbit and I know me, as well as many others, would be very excited and appreciative of this!! And continue using Fitbit as my go-to fitness watch.  

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @PortHayBay, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about connecting the Fitbit app with AllTrails app, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

beffasinkathryn
First Steps
I've seen other contributions on the subject but thought I'd add another request to the pile! I hike a LOT using AllTrails and would really prefer to not run two apps simultaneously and cause unnecessary drain on my battery. Could you please make these two apps work in tandem to reduce the battery (and data) drain?
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @beffasinkathryn. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about integrating Fitbit with AllTrails. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep this board organized and searchable, in addition to clearly understanding which idea other members are voting for. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support and keep adding your suggestions.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.