Couch to 5k App Integration

It would be nice if the Fitbit iconic was compatible with the couch to 5K app. I’m using the app for running now and it would be nice if I could just use my watch instead of my phone. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Format

49 Comments
surfgir1
Jogger

We definitely need this. 

I have been wanting a C25k program on my fitbit for years now and seems a no-brainer to me as far as target market crossovers go. It's not even hard to implement unless you try to make it clever - link a timer to a vibration so you start your warm up, and it buzzes once for walk and twice for run and you're set.

You already have something similar in your interval training stuff, but the point of C25k is that it progresses each week from someone who can't run to someone who can.

I find it quite irritating you haven't already implemented this tbh, as I really don't want to have to install a separate app and track my runs elsewhere only to sync them later when all I need over what fitbit already has is a pre-programmed timer!

Please can someone prioritise this? 

surfgir1
Jogger

This has been requested lots of times in these forums over the years (for couch to 5k rather than 2.5k lol) and I definitely agree we should have this.

I have been wanting a C25k program on my fitbit for years now and seems a no-brainer to me as far as target market crossovers go. It's not even hard to implement unless you try to make it clever - link a timer to a vibration so you start your warm up, and it buzzes once for walk and twice for run and you're set.

You already have something similar in your interval training stuff, but the point of C25k is that it progresses each week from someone who can't run to someone who can. The intervals increase each week so changing them manually each time is a pain. 

I find it quite irritating you haven't already implemented this tbh, as I really don't want to have to install a separate app and track my runs elsewhere only to sync them later when all I need over what fitbit already has is a pre-programmed timer!

Please can someone prioritise this? 

Debby-UK
Stepping Up

Well said!! This just seems to have been ignored completely despite numerous requests. 

Shanrich
Recovery Runner

My original post was a request for C25K but I see the moderator edited it to 2.5 for some reason 🤔 not sure why. 

Shanrich
Recovery Runner

It’s not 2.5. It’s couch TO 5K just with the number 2 instead of the word. 

aegisrose
Recovery Runner

Yes~ this has been in the wings for YEARS.  Why isn't there some sort of "couch to 5k" type setting??  Or if fitbit isn't going to integrate it directly as part of goals or something, then it would great to have access to a 3rd party app.  Please add!!!

2versus1
Stepping Up

Surely this is a no brainer. I know loads of people who would by a fitbit just to get a couch to 5k app that is so portable. 

Like wise I and quite a few friends who already have a fitbit would pay a reasonable price to have an app that plays music and delivers a couch to 5k work out. 

Come on fitbit it can't be that hard to do. 

P10Kay
Jogger
djTalia
First Steps

I just went looking for a C25K app and was shocker to find there isn't one!  How can this be? It seems a natural crossover.

Jenn_is_rising
First Steps

I would certainly use c25k with my Fitbit versa. 

I want to use the couch to 5k on versa

Gaius619
Stepping Up

Moderators, please stop marking suggestions asking for Couch to 5k style intervals as "existing feature". Search the Feature suggestion page and other user forums and you'll find there is a large section of users who are very dissatisfied with the current iteration of interval training. The current option should be listed as "Interval Timer". The community would like "Interval Training". The distinction being, an Interval timer lets you set two intervals, work and rest, and a number of times to repeat, while Interval Training lets you specify a warm-up length, the length of each interval, and a cool-down length. These intervals should be able to be defined by time or distance, and should have the ability to let you know if you are on pace. For example, users should be able to set a 5 minute warm-up, 30 seconds fast, 60 seconds steady, 90 seconds slow, 60 seconds fast, etc. etc, and finally, a 7 minute cool-down. Your current interval offering is sadly lacking, and as you can tell from a few searches on the forums, there are many people looking for this style of Interval Training. Please stop ignoring us and implement this!

LouiseRoss
First Steps

Moving from a Microsoft smart watch to my Versa I was surprised there was no C25K app. Would be a great addition.

ProteaWoods
Jogger

I enjoy the Fartlek Run workout but it inspired me to do more. I started the Couch to 5k program and would really like to see a version for Fitbit coach.  I know that you can set intervals for the program on the fitbit, but I would also like to see a specific Fitbit Coach audio with the couch to 5k that provides the kind of motivation throughout the workout that the Fartlek Run provides - not just cues about when to walk and jog, but also reminders about form and motivation to get through the run.

Candicep86
First Steps

It would be great if the Fitbit app would sync with the couch to 5k app!

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Candicep86, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

ProteaWoods
Jogger
Thanks. I want to clarify that I'm not looking for the Fitbit to Integrate
with the couch to 5k app, but rather for Fitbit coach to have a couch to 5k
workout. I like the voice coaching provided by Fitbit Coach which couch to
5k does not offer.
iamkmurph
Stepping Up

PLEASE PLEASE give us an app like Couch to 10K!  I want to train for this and I love the couch to 5K app  on my phone but I bought the versa so I didn’t need to bring my phone anymore, which I’m loving btw.  But I can’t train properly now.... it’s very frustrating!!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @iamkmurph, I think just like you guys. Having this option on Versa would be awesome. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Alderley0809
Jogger

I’ve just got the Versa and would love to have a couch to 5k/10k app. I was hoping now I can download music to my Fitbit I’d no longer need to take my phone with me but looks like I’ll have to until I’m back up to my previous fitness levels. 

Status changed to: Under Consideration
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

Status changed to: Released
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @nstreet01 and commenters, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re happy to let you know that this has been released for Fitbit watches. You can find out more checking the 'C25K Trainer' at the Fitbit App Gallery and downloading it. As you've submitted a high quality suggestion, you will now receive a higher voting weight worth 5 votes. Thank you for sharing your ideas and enthusiasm with the community.

BirthdayCard
Jogger

Could you add the couch to 5k app to the Versa 2 please

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @BirthdayCard, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Released". You can learn more about here. Keep adding your suggestions!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.