Couch to 5k App Integration

It would be nice if the Fitbit iconic was compatible with the couch to 5K app. I’m using the app for running now and it would be nice if I could just use my watch instead of my phone. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Format

49 Comments
EricainHI
Recovery Runner

Let me start by saying I LOVE the new app update. What I would love even more is to be able to plan out runs and have a training plan. This plan would let me enter the distance I want to go and the time I want to finish in. It would encourage me to stay on pace and let me pick days to train, similar to the acsics app but with my fit bit. I'd pay for preium if I could get train ing plans and encouragement while I'm running!

arkaycee
Runner

I think this idea would be especially great with the new Surge. You've got a timer, a silent alarm to let people know when to switch from walk to run (maybe one buzz = walk, two = run, long buzz = done). Users could sync the next day's plan (or be told it's a "rest day").

iwatts
Recovery Runner

A number of companies offer couch to 5k apps, but if i follow one of them, I would have to either manually add it as an exercise and turn my Charge off, or I would have to use an app that integrates and turn my Charge off.

Ideally you would develop your own couch to 5k training programme that links in with the fitbit system. These are very popular programmes that many people follow, as many of us cannot just start running. On my charge I am very imited with Walk, Hike and Run. I would love to be able to activate a couch to 5k programme from within Fitbit without resorting to turning my Charge on and off.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

zaridan
Jogger

+1 on this one.  I was thinking about this very integration while on a walk / run yesterday.  It could be a great 'in app' purchase for Fitbit, if not free, but having such a trainer in the Fitbit app would be awesome.

Status changed to: New
SilviaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thank you for contributing your idea to our Feature Request forum! This post has been archived due to inactivity, and can no longer receive votes or comments. 

Lesley2269
First Steps

Is there a couch to 5K app which can be used directly with Fitbit. I would like to use the buzz feature to do the training and would prefer not to have to link a lot of apps together.

Moderator edit: Label

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
HeydyF
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thank you for your suggestion! I think that could be a really good idea to integrate an app with the Fitbit app that help users who wants start a 5K program to have all their progress on it. 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! 

Debby-UK
Stepping Up

Yes, this would be great 🙂  There seem to have been a few requests for this over a couple of years but no response :-(. 

Beginner101
First Steps
I am 60 and am trying to get moving again and am using the app C25K. Couch to 5 k and it works for me. Could this be synced to my Fitbit Flex
Sigman527
First Steps

Hello Fitbit, 

Can you please integrate the app Couch to 5k and the other applications in the family?

Thanks

DawnsDoingIt
Jogger
There are apps called 5k and 10k that train you to run. Can they be compatible apps with fit bit?
twodogsinaz
First Steps

Dear Fitbit, please  add C25K as a compatible app!

Stcy252
First Steps

Could you integrate a couch to 5k app with the fitbit blaze? Maybe have it vibrate to begin running, vibrate again for waking and so on until tbe ed of your run? Much like the current 5k apps available, slowly build up the user's running endurance. 

a.grosh
First Steps

Please add a couch to 5k option where the fitbit vibrates or the app on your phone talks at intervals. I hate having multiple apps open for 1 workout. The fitbit app is open to monitor the particular workout while the C25K app is open to guide me through the running process. 

Status changed to: Existing Feature
MarreFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @a.grosh! This is already possible! With Fitbit Charge 2 and Fitbit Ionic, you can complete a series of guided intervals during your workout. To get more information about this, take a look at How do I track Intervals during my workout? article. Thanks

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Beginner101
First Steps

I asked this same question over 2 years ago and I would still like see it happen 

I’m with you all the way 

AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing @nstreet01. We look forward to hearing what other community members think!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Updated the label from APi to Exercise.

Debby-UK
Stepping Up

This keeps coming up again and again! There is clearly consumer demand for it and it would be a great marketing claim and as far as I'm aware give you a unique competitive advantage. Come on Fitbit!! 

Shanrich
Recovery Runner

It would be GREAT to have an app that is a couch 2 5K trainer. It would be nice to have the prompts and program come through the wireless headphones and not need to bring my phone. 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and labels

cdb050314
Recovery Runner

Yes! I am looking forward to receiving my versa and being able to put music on it and not have to take my phone with me. But this app would be one reason to still take my phone... would love to see it added to the versa!

LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thanks for sharing this idea @Shanrich

I could certainly see some users taking advantage of such an app.

Let's see what other users have to say.

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Dear community members, thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit! We’d encourage you to make your suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly! Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

ChrissyLester
First Steps

I agree! I would love C25K prompts without running with my cell phone. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.