Customize Quick Add Water Sizes

Please make the water sizes customizable.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

376 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

On the app when logging water, there are preset values which I personally don't use like a glass of water is standard 236.6ml while for me a glass of water is 200ml.

I also need to use different values for water such as (125ml - 1/4th of a plastic bottle or 250ml,..). Since these values aren't preset, I have to type them in manually each time.

Suggestion: Make it possible to add your own values by the quick add option and when adding them, they are added like a button to quickly tap upon to log, such as the preset buttons are designed. (also make it possible to remove if required). Cat Happy

afeag
Recovery Runner

We should be able to increase our water goal on the android application instead of having to go online. Also when we do increase our goal it should show up on the application. My goal is currently 65 fl oz of water a day. The application says I reached my goal when I drink 48 fl oz. There is no way to change this.

lmsans1
First Steps

Ditto! All the other stats change on the app when you adjust them online, the water should reflect the correct goal as well!

tinamarie303
Jogger

I use the app to track my water consumption, and I like having the quick add feature, but the reusable water bottles I use don't match the pre-programmed quick add options. Most of my water bottles are either 20 or 48oz bottles. It would be nice to be able to program my own quick add increments so that I don't have to manually enter this.

dandrett
First Steps

I have a 22oz water bottle that I use while I'm at work.

I want to add a quick key for my set amounts of water.

Heidi_Kohne
Runner

+50

I posted this in a different thread under the Android App section, where another user had also asked about this.  Plus, I've never known of water bottles having amounts with odd decimal numbers.

Actually, this would be awesome in the regular web dashboard, and probably in the other apps as well.

I would love to keep the 8oz one, but then reprogram the other three to 12oz, 16oz, and 24oz.  Some of my water is in 12oz cans, my drinking glasses at home are 16oz, and my primary water bottle is 24oz.  Obviously, I will still manually enter in any other amounts, which I'm definitely willing to do.

Please, please, please!  Thanks much!

Heidi_Kohne
Runner

There's another thread under new features that expands on this.  https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Water-Quick-Add/idi-p/353810

ashleycasa
First Steps

I agree with you - being able to add custom quick add buttons would be super helpful.  The other suggestion I have would be to change the sliding scale currently used to add custom amounts of water to another format.  Chalk it up to my OCD, but I spend entirely too much time trying to get that little scale to hit exactly 20 or whatever other number I'm trying to add.  i think either having a rolling list of numbers, much like the one used to track servings of food, or just an empty field to manually add the numbers in would be much more user friendly.

Please and thank you!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I definitely would like to see this feature as well. In Canada, I log in ml. My water bottles are 600-650ml and 1L (1000ml). However, the preset amounts are 200, 500, 750, and 1500. It would be outstanding if I could edit my presets to my water bottle sizes.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

On the iOS app allow me to adjust the water volume presets to match my bottles to make it easy for me to add liquid intake.

DarthLordi
Jogger

I came here to add a similar request for the apps. In the UK we often drink in pints and half pints, and not just beer. I often drink water by the pint as I have so many pint glasses lying around and would love to be able to quickly add it instead of working out the amount each time.

Phil1927
Runner

At my desk in work I have a 500ml bottle on my desk and at home our cups are 200ml each. I know this isn’t a major difference to the ml sizes on the app, but is there any way to tailor the 4 vessel sizes to suit what you actually use? At the moment I am adding a cup and using the slider to get it dead on. I know it’s not a major difference, but it’s still inaccurate. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

GarudaGirl
Tempo Runner

Agree. I don't understand the measurements that I see. They aren't regular intervals like 8oz or something like that. It would be nice to have a little more control over this part of tracking. 

Nylhsa
First Steps

I agree, this would make things so much easier. I was hoping that seeing as I'm late to the bandwagon on this trend that it would already be done, but it apprears not. Due to possible borderline OCD I also spend way too much time trying to input the exact number of ml or oz as my waterbottle or glass holds. Gets to be a hassle and makes it less than appealing to log my water which if I don't actively pay attention to I tend not to drink as much as I should. 

shortie1130
First Steps

That's a good idea. I have 2 cups and a bottle that I use all the time, and they're 12, 24, and 32 oz, but the current options are all in metric. I can type it in, obviously, but tapping the little pictures is so convenient lol.

It should just change to imperial automatically at least, and give us 8, 16, 24, 32 by default. Especially since I have all my other account settings set to pounds, feet/inches, etc. and it knows I'm going by U.S. measures.

Kurmie
Jogger

I agree with this. Not just imperial, the water bottles I use are either 600ml or 750ml. The quick add for metric measurements are in quantities that are highly unusual.

lonerchick
Tempo Runner

You can type in the number of oz. or ml. that you drank intead of using the quick add or slider.

bkherallah
Stepping Up

This is an amazing idea - I'm tired of using the slider or typing the numbers - it makes me want to stop tracking my water and just live my life instead 😛

To make this even EASIER, perhaps also add a water widget for the mobile app? Simply add water by tapping the icon for your custom vessel size on the home screen!

varuscelli
Strider

I absolutely agree with how convenient it would be to be for users to set up their own custom water amounts for the quick add water feature.  The only current one I find useful is the 8 oz setting for quick add, and I use it frequently.  However, I'd love to be able to set up for more standard amounts for my personal quick-add preferences like 12 oz, 16 oz, and 20 or 24 oz. 

I'm relatively new to Fitbit and have been perusing the discussion areas for this particular issue.  Even though I've seen the question brought up by several Fitbit users, I don't think I've seen anyone truly "in the know" (Fitbit insider) provide any feedback or answers (although I admit that with all the discussion items here, it would be easy for me to have missed or not yet found the particular discussion or thread where it has been addressed).  

It would sure be nice to know if the customizable water quick add feature is under consideration or perhaps being developed right now.

Jolaurin
First Steps
It would be nice to be able to
customize the sizes of the water bottles on the quick add page in the iOS app.
jeni185
First Steps

I agree. Customised water sizes would be a great improvement. Also, in the meantime the use of the term glass rather than cup would be more appropriate for water. A lot of my friends and I tend to follow 8 glasses a day. And around Australia I tend to see more references to 8 glasses a day or 2lt a day. I've never heard cups of water.

subino
First Steps

I would also like to see the line items entered chronologically below on the same screen instead of having to tap the "Edit" button where the entries appear to be randomly arranged.

hinotf
Recovery Runner

Allow user to edit typical Quick Add container's volume. Anyone has favorite cup at homa, at work etc. For example, Hydro app for Android fllow do it.

Leo34
First Steps
Simply have the ability to customize the preset cup and bottle sizes. Then I could set them to the size I know my own cups/bottles are, makes it easier to log water input. I think it would be easier than the quick add slid bar.

Thanks.
unlinked
Recovery Runner

Customisable would be great but even round numbers would be an improvement.

I don't understand how the options are 236ml,499.8ml,730.5ml and 1014.4ml.

I thought maybe it was because I use ml but all the measurement types have weird values.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.