Dark Theme in Fitbit App for Android and iOS

Hello, It is a sincere request to add the dark theme for the android application as the appearance of the application during night time is very bright and with the dark theme it will be easier to use the application and not cause any harm to one's eyesight 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

237 Comments
July1603
Jogger
dark/night mode like other apps do for a better experience at night
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @July1603, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding 'Night Mode' on the Fitbit app. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

alejandra95
First Steps
Hi Fitbit, I'd like to add the dark mode option for the Fitbit app for both iOS and Android.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @alejandra95, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having a dark mode option in the Fitbit app with us. Because a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Pickled_Pigz
Stepping Up
Hi, it is disappointing to see that people have been requesting an OPTION for dark mode on the Fitbit app since 2017 and it still hasn’t been implemented. This would be a big improvement to to user experience. Please allow users to choose whether they use dark mode or lite mode
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Pickled_Pigz, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of having a dark mode available on all platforms. As you mentioned, I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community.

Du117
Jogger
With dark mode being widely implemented throughout both Android and ios, I think it’d be a very welcome decision if Fitbit were to add dark modes for its apps too.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Du117, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of having a dark mode available on all platforms. I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. 

Saam81
First Steps
Darkmode in app
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Saam81, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding dark theme in Fitbit app . This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

I hope to see you around.

ElenaFCV
First Steps
A UI overhaul to allow the present theme settings of the users phone to conform with the users preference (dark mode / light mode) or perhaps a user configurable option / ability.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ElenaFCV, we wanted to let you know that the idea you recently posted already exists on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see it here where you can add your vote to that existing suggestion:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

Auntiechichi
Jogger
Please include the option to switch to dark mode on the application (Andriod AND iOS) instead of only having the Bright WHITE background.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Auntiechichi, thanks for sharing this suggestion about adding dark mode to the Fitbit app for Android and iOS devices with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support and keep adding your suggestions!

Inertiam
First Steps
Darkmode for the Fitbit app.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Inertiam, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about adding a dark mode for the Fitbti app. I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. 

keicou
First Steps
Enable dark mode and themed icon on Android
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @keicou, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of having a dark mode and themed icon on Android. I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. 

Thenewguy
First Steps
Like most of the other apps nowadays you should add dark mode.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Thenewguy, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding dark mode in the Fitbit App. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

TimmRubel
First Steps

PLEASE make a Dark Theme for the Fitbit App!

I have been a member since 2016.  The post below is from 2017 and I even saw some from requests from 2014.  Love my fitbit but I have never liked the brightness of the home screen.  Almost every app on my android phone has this option somewhere in the settings.  There have been multiple requests for this and some with over 200 new comments.  Please I am begging you for all the light sensitive people to get on this for us.  Thanks!

Not only does allowing a DARK THEME offer us a nice visual experience, it's also a MUST for the visually impaired (like me - I have to invert the colors on my phone to see the Fitbit app at all).  Also, a dark theme takes less battery than a white theme, helping us get more out of our phones.  This feature is standard now on most apps -- it's missing from Google products, but there are many alternatives for those of us that use email, calendars and other google things.  But there is no alternative to Fitbit.  It's the best.  It rocks.  We love it.  Now it must address this concern for all users and offer a light or dark theme option.

TimmRubel_0-1670646541894.png

Odyssey13
Community Legend

Hi @TimmRubel  this area is for individuals who are developing apps for the Fitbit, but aren't employees of the company. What you want is to reach Fitbit. You might want to search to see if this has been posted before, as these suggestions get votes and the votes are what get attention from the Fitbit company. https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/idb-p/features 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Thenewguy, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to use 'Dark Theme' for the Fitbit App.  As you mentioned, this feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support and thanks for your feedback.

While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

BL4M3R
First Steps
Me and all other users think it's time to add a dark mode the the Android and iOS app.
Every other app of that scale like Fitbit has a dark mode for years.
BrentBlueAllen
Recovery Runner

Opening a super bright app at night to start a mindfulness session intended to get you ready for sleep feels like a profound misstep.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.