Edit Time of Daily Reset of Stats / Add Nightshift

Hi, It would be great if users could change the daily reset of stats to a different hour. We night owls who go sleep late after midnight now have to calculate the differences in our heads and that's not ideal. Thanks!

Moderator edit: labels and title for clarity

885 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Add one to the need for this! I work in aviation, and require a time peice set for zulu time. It's increadably annoying having all my stats reset at 8:00pm, especially because I tend to eat and get to the gym later in the evening when I'm working.

Falcon170
Jogger

I would like this too

Falcon170
Jogger

me too

JCravedi
First Steps
I think it would be super helpful if there was a way to adjust when your day starts and ends. I absolutely love my Fitbit but as someone who works nights and has a usual bedtime of 4am my info is ALWAYS split across two Fitbit days. A great addition would be an option to finish your Fitbit day when you go into sleep mode! I feel as though I would get a lot more out of your products (I also have the aria scale) & software if this was possible. Also a nap option/label for sleep mode!
Nightguard
Stepping Up
Hi, I need my day to start at 0830 as that is when I get home from work and am ready for bed. Right now I have to manually calculate my sleep hours to see if I got enough, especially on Sunday when I adjust my sleep to my night **ahem** mode. The current times just don't work for me.
razor0133
Jogger
I'd like to see a time delay feature for those of us that work those late shifts that go between 2 days so all our stuff isn't reseting at midnight when we are in the middle of our activities.

So say you work a 6p-6a shift. I'd like to be able to select in the app a 6-7 hour time delay so all my food and activity are tracked on the same cycle.

And no I don't want to change my time zone, this took the place of my watch and I want to know what the correct time is when I look.

Thanks
jungleboogie
First Steps
I'd like to be able to change the data reset time.
Currently it resets at midnight when the majority of people are getting there sleep, so when they wake in the morning they start with off fresh.
I work during the night so I'd prefer it I could change my reset time to midday, so when I wake in the evening to start my day, my data is cleared and ready to go.
ddehaan2
First Steps

SO ... along with being able to set the start of your day (which would be nothing short of AWESOME!) and the end of your day for the reset to something outside of what 8-5ers do. Being able to set the start of your week to any day (not just Sunday or Monday) would also help to track. I work Friday - Monday from 2pm to 2am. Having the flexibility to change to your personal schedule would be very beneficial to accuracy and tracking results.

Look forward to seeing it! (soon please?!?!)

AngieC1482
First Steps
I am a RN who works 7pm to 7am. I would like in the future to change the time that my fitbit resets for the next day. This way I can more accurately track my activity at work.
dontpanic
Jogger

I completely agree with this. This has been a major grouse of mine since I haven't gone to bed by midnight in many, many years now. And often going for a late-night walk/run becomes pointless since it gets counted for the next day and throws your stats completely off-kilter.

Is this a feature that mnight be implemented anytime soon? It would really help.

georgeglass
First Steps

Be able to choose the time of day when your step counter reset to zero.

I work graveyard and the step counter resets right during the middle of my day!

TToDD
First Steps
It would be helpful for those that work third shift or odd times to customize when their day starts... For those of us who work past midnight... Midnight is more like noon for us and noon is kind of like midnight... This would be amazingly helpful in tracking steps meals everything.. As it is now my steps are split between the days... (ex I woke up at 930 pm til midnight I have 2553 step then til 8 pm when I get off work I have 15058 when I really should have 17k+...)
Bigdinthebigd
Stepping Up
I work a night job, so often times my "day" isn't a midnight to midnight. It would be nice if you could live the start of a day without changing the time zone, as that causes my surge to show an incorrect time.
CShearer
First Steps

This would be great! I actually emailed Fitbit who said unfortunently we can't change the start/end times but they directed me here instead. Hopefully posts like these get enough attention that the company can make the changes 🙂
I'm a full time night shift nurse plus a wife and mummy to two. I'm going 24 hours a day but I consider my day as starting at 9:30pm at night. It's so hard when I've already done thousands of steps at the start of my day but come midnight it changes over and no longer reflects for me properly. My husbands the same, he has a surge and is a full time night shift worker too 🙂

brianc5687
Jogger

I agree with this feature 100%.

Or to add a bonus to it, add a feature where your stats reset after you've awaken.

TKSteve
Jogger
FitBit: perhaps unbeknownst to you, but millions of people aren't lucky enough to work 9-5 jobs. For overnight people (cops, firemen, EMTs, nurses, reporters, etc.) FitBit's schedule doesn't work! PLEASE make a "day" modifiable!! I work 10p-4a for example, and wake up at 2:30p, hitting the sack at 9am. Most of my activity is around 3am, which logs it for the NEXT day! Very irritating. I'm using "Lose It" just to log things correctly and that cost just $5.
Bksansoo
Jogger
I also agree with being able to change the start of the day
TKSteve
Jogger
FITBIT!? Can you hear us?! It's bad enough you have to log all your excercise separately (because it can't track jogging or aerobic or biking burn) AND you have to manually edit for driving. You can't make this one switch? So basically, a Fitbit is a 150 dollar pedometer? C'mon, throw us a bone or you'll have many unhappy returns.
AnnaCataldo
Recovery Runner
I work nights. I wake up at 4pm. I work 13hrs, and get off work, and go to bed at 8am. But according to fitbit, my day begins at midnight.
My food on myfitnesspal syncs up to my exercise on fitbit. MFP diary is set so that my meal names are 5pm, 8pm, 12am, 3am, 5am & 7am; and so when i get off work on a Tuesday morning, Im still logging into previous day. Then fitbit syncs in so calories i burned on monday are only going to actual calendar monday, etc, and i am suppose to eat back all exercise calories, but fitbit stops at midnight, so im not sure how much to eat, which was my entire point in this purchase.
Additionally, on my days off, I go to gym in middle of night; take halloween as an example; i overate at a gathering, so afterwards at 1am i spent 3hrs in the gym to burn the calories off, just to have a positive number in my diary; but fitbit was counting my activity onto the day after halloween making it seem like i didnt eat enough the next day when i ate my regular amount because it counted activity from (my) previous day negative against the good days food.
I know theres plenty of ppl who stay up late, work nights, etc and this is very frustrating for me! Even if i didnt use MFP, My steps etc would all get reset half my through my day and be hard to reach goals when im working so hard.
islandrain80
Jogger

I second this choice! I work a midnight shift and I would like to know what I walk for my shift.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
FerdinandFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey there @Christi2. I think this is a great suggestion as many other people as you or people whose jobs require them to stay awake at night but need to sleep during the day will find it specially useful.

Thanks for sharing this with us and I'll have my fingers crossed to hopefully see something like this soon. 

Reloaded689
Jogger

I would also like this, I work 3rd shift and my "week" starts on Thursday. I love my Fitbit Charge HR, but having my stats reset at my "lunch time" makes it hard to get an accurate reading of my over all day. Please add a option to change the reset time and start of week day, it would make your product line far and above the number one fitness tracker on the market!  

BillWorley
First Steps

Yes, please allow changing the time of daily reset of stats. I have many fitbit friends and the majority of us are often out and about after midnight, making it quite frustrating when the tracker resets at this time.

From all the comments here I can see we're far from the only ones with the issue. How about it fitbit? Not everyone fits into the regular 9 - 5 mold. What's the hold up on the change?  

rrwoods
First Steps
I'll add to the chorus of voices that want this feature. I'm essentially always awake past midnight, usually until 4am. Changing the time zone is not an acceptable solution. Let us choose when our day starts!
Paulct
Recovery Runner

Did I just buy my whole staff of 45 a useless product?

We all work 7pm - 3am for our shift. We just started using them and it appears that there is no option to have your "day" end at any time besides midnight. This makes our charge HR's all useless. we all generally wake up around noon, work from 7pm-4am, and sleep from 5am -12pm. Our days are all messed up on the tracking website. I specifically bought these so we could all track our stats for our shift. All I have seen for suggestions on these forums is change the time zone - but then our clocks will be wrong! Is there seriously NO OPTION to change out start and end times of our days? Has fitbit not even thought of this? Please tell me I am missing something!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.