Expand Birth Control Tracking (Add reminders, application/removal logging, etc.)

Hi,

I've been looking around the female health tracking features on the Windows desktop app and I love the idea of integration this information into the Fitbit dashboard! Can't wait for the feature to land on Android and my Versa!

But I've noticed that while it asks what your contraception method is, it doesn't actually seem to do anything with this information.

It would be great if there was an option to track if the pill was taken and how that affects your fertility, e.g. if the pill is missed inform when the fertile window restarts. Also, reminders to take the pill being pushed to the watch/tracker would be very useful.

Finally, it would be helpful and less confusing if the fertile window automatically switched off if you have defined your birth control method as pill/injection/patch/ring (i.e. ovulation inhibited) and only reappeared if birth control is missed

Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity

54 Comments
SheKeepsFalling
Recovery Runner

I'm looking forward to seeing this core functionality. Nobody who uses contraceptives will be able to switch over to this app until they can rely on it for the basic things that other period trackers do.

CazStacey
First Steps

Ive been looking for something like this.

I used the patch for a number of months but came off recently. I think it would be super useful if the app could track your start and end dates so you know how long you used the contraception for, and also when you state youre not using contraception anymore ovulation should not go back on the calendar during the months you were not ovulating. I emailed this idea to FitBit but they told me to search the forum for a similar idea, and came across this thread. Sincerely hope this idea will be taken into consideration.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Rosellie
Base Runner

I'd like the option to add birth control methods such as "pill" etc. I can only see " morning after pill". I'd like to log each day I've remembered to take my birth control pill, as a way to remember. It just makes sense that this should be an option in the women's health area. 

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Rosellie, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback regarding birth control methods with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. At the moment it is not planned to implement it. Nonetheless you can still add your vote.

beccabean38
First Steps

It would be great to see on the calendar the day I started taking my birth control pill and when I started a placebo pill to see how that compares to when my period comes

I've seen other users suggest a reminder to take your birth control as well which I'm sure would be useful too!

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @beccabean38, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us about seeing on the calendar the day you started taking the birth control pill, this feature suggestion already exists (as it includes tracking if the pill was taken and how that affects the fertility) so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

Keep sharing your ideas with us. 

Mel_jane
First Steps

Hi there, 

I love the female health tracking section of the app. However, there is definitely scope for expansion of functions, especially for those on birth control. 

It would be great, especially for the birth control pill, to have more tracking options available - a reminder to take your pill function would be good, and also an option to record taking it each day so you can track any missed pills. Even better than this would be if the app could use the date of any missed pills to estimate the fertile window so that extra precautions can be taken. 

I hope these features make it onto the app, it would make it so much more comprehensive! 

Thanks, 

Melissa 🙂 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Mel_janeThanks for taking the time to explain why you would like to expand birth control section in the Female Health Tracking with us! This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request overtime. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

versaanne
First Steps

I love the feature to track your period. As a female it is verry handy to have an overview of your trends. But I take a birth control pill, this can cause issues with the tracker. For example when I decide to continue taking the birth control pill for longer than one cycle, the trends of my period are not correct anymore. Fitbit will say I have a cycle twice as long. The next period prediction will be wrong. It would be verry handy if there was a posibility to say you are taking a birth control pill. Fitbit could give reminders on the watch, and consider an option for continuing taking a birth control pil for longer than one cycle. Also the app could give a prediction of the safety of the birth control pill depending on when you have taken the birth control pill. That way you're trends wil not get all messed up and you have a better insight into the safety of your birth control pill. 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @versaanne. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you would like to have more details and adjustments to the Female Health Tracking when taking the birth control pill. I found a similar suggestion, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request overtime. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Kates
First Steps

It would be nice in the other events sections to have an option to add a missed birth control pill or a doubled up pill option 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Kates. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you would like to have more options to track the birth control pill. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Contraceptive reminder! There's no point tracking female health when you can't select what type of pill you're taking and no reminders, or to select it you forgot. Have to use another app for this 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add contraceptive reminders. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

karma.happens
Jogger
There should be an option under the female health settings to put in when you get a depo shot and when the next one is due.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @karma.happens, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see reminders for birth control shots. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Savannahlee
First Steps
I use the Nuva Ring untraditionally and want to track when I put in/take it out. And set reminders to do so.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Savannahlee, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see a birth control option on the Female Health Tracking. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Lilo626
First Steps
It would be great to add in a birth control setting under women's health. It would be nice to have built in reminders to replace the patch per week or take the pill per day. Along with patches, allow us to either select something or type where we have been placing the patch so we do not put it in repeating spots.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Lilo626, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to expand Birth Control Tracking with the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Rogerk182
Jogger
Ability to track various birth control usage (daily pill, insertion/removal of Ring, date of shot, etc.). Possibly also reminders
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Rogerk182, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to track various birth control usage and enable reminders on the Menstrual Health Tracking tile with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Anonnymous
First Steps
Add forms of contraceptive/when they are fitted or taken e.g. coil / implant / pill
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Anonnymous, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to track more forms of contraceptive on the Fitbit app with us. I noticed this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.