Extended warranty for Canada

Hi there...I totally feel that I as a Canadian should be able to purchase extended warranty as the americans are

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

24 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thanks for sharing your idea @retiredsandy.

Let's keep an eye on what other users think about this.

JenHopkins
First Steps

I also think Canadians should be able to buy an extended warranty. Why don't we get equal treatment? Despite getting a discount code to buy a new fitbit I may be going to a store where I CAN get an extended warranty even if I have to pay more. The extra coverage just makes me feel more comfortable with an expensive device like Fitbit.

Extendedwarrant
First Steps

Hi, I'm a potential customer of yours from Canada and I was about to purchase a Inspire HR and then I phoned to inquire about the extended warranty.  It turns out that you only offer this to your US customers.  I was wondering why this is and if there were any plans to change this and offer it to other countries as well?   My company has a deal in place with Fitbit in an effort to try and get its employees more active.  They have 13,000+ employees they are offering this deal too but I'm sure some, if not most will think twice about purchasing a device if they can't get the extended warranty.  In addition to this complaint I will be talking to a representative within my company to see if they are aware of this apparent oversight as well.  I hope that your company sees the foolishness of this policy and sees fit to change it. 

Odyssey13
Community Legend

Hi @Extendedwarrant  is Square Trade available for those in Canada? click to see their site

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Extendedwarrant, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has a lot of votes. As the more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

JarenReh
First Steps

I definitely would purchase this extended warranty for Canada!  I saw it first on the .com site, and looked everywhere for the ability to do the same when ordering from Canada.  For the 4 devices we have purchased over the past 2 years, we would definitely have spent the extra money to get each an extended warranty - just for peace of mind! 

If this comes about we would absolutely support it financially.  Just makes it easier to commit to buying a new device!

Cheers!

Lewro2
Jogger

I too, was given a discount to purchase another Fitbit but was very disappointed to find out I can't purchase extended warranty because I live in Canada.  My original warranty expired and four months after that my fitbit versa bit the dust.  I want to purchase another one but want the extended warranty option.  If this isn't available, I too will go to a store where I can purchase the extra warranty - especially when I wore my fitbit for the first time in the water after the warranty period and that's when it died.  If I purchase a new one (not from their site) I will make sure to wear it in the water right away under the warranty period.   

Doggomom2
First Steps

I too would have loved to purchase the extended warranty.

What's worse is that I was told by 4 employees over a few days it was available even though I said I lived in canada and every one of them told me I was eligible to purchase it even though I'm not.

It was an unfortunate waste of everyones time. If you aren't going to provide it to every customer/country, at least let your staff know what countries are eligible for it.

Extendedwarrant
First Steps
Yup. I hope Fitbit is paying attention to these posts

Sheldon
Habs31
First Steps

Other companies in Canada offer the ability to purchase extended warranties for items.  I’ve now had 2 issues with different Fitbit that occurred after my warranty expired.  They have offered me a discount towards the purchase of a new one (which I’m still waiting for the discount).  Totally would pay for the extended warranty so I didn’t have to purchase a new Fitbit every time something happened.

pasoliman
First Steps

Why isn't it available it canada? Is there an actual reason why the device that I bought directly from fitbit not qualify?

Spikergurl
First Steps

I am also from Canada. My first Fitbit died just after 1 year. They offered a nice discount but no ability to buy extended warranty.  Spending this kind of money over again is too risky so you have lost my business. It’s ridiculous as you can buy from Best Buy and they will offer a nice warranty, but Fitbit won’t stand behind their own product. 

courtneytait
First Steps
Canadians don't have the ability to purchase an extended warranty, which absolutely sucks. I know many people who own FitBit devices, and none have lasted 2 years. It seems silly that you don't offer extended warranty options in Canada - it's almost like you acknowledge that your devices don't have a long life, and you don't want to replace them.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @courtneytait, thanks for explaining why you would like to have an extended warranty for Canada. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

shickerty
First Steps

I recently purchased the Sense and subsequently contacted Fitbit for an extended warranty option.  Unfortunately it remains unavailable outside of the US, and I am a resident of Canada.  I am currently in the 45 day free trial period, and this is a valid concern for me.  The Apple line of watches (Sense's direct competitor) offers a global "Applecare" warranty and it leaves me wondering why Fitbit hasn't followed suit.  I've been a Fitbit supporter for a number of years, but will be making a product decision based on pro's and con's.  

Kadeem457
First Steps
I've been a fitbit user since the 1st fitbit charge. The products are good and the app is exceptional but you need an extended warranty. Twice in 3 years my fitbit has stopped charging and both times because it was out of warranty, fitbit could not do anything for me. I asked to purchase an extended warranty & was told it's not available in Canada!
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Kadeem457, thanks for explaining why you would like get an extended warranty option for Canadian users. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices.You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Dragonfly777
First Steps

I too think we should be able to purchase an extended warranty. 

I actually thought we could. The chat personal I was talking to when getting a coupon code said I would be able to purchase an extended warranty. Clearly he was from the US not realizing I was from Canada. 
I would have bought from another retailer JUST to be able to purchase the extended warranty. 

Fitbit needs to get with it. This is clearly a need that you are not meeting and your costumers are telling you they want it. 
This thread is 3 years old. 

Come on Fitbit. 

shickerty
First Steps
Echo that. No issues charging for Fitbit Premium, or full price for the fitbit device.
I love the Sense however feel a bit like the Canadian consumer is getting minimal attention.
jamzfiset
First Steps

It appears that fitbit doesnt beleive its product will last long enough to offer extended warranties in Canada.

maricap
First Steps

I have a general complaint. I find it really unfair that Canadians cannot purchase an extended warranty but Americans can...something needs to be done. I have gone through 2 fitbit charge 4's in 2.5years and the only thing they offer is a discount for another purchase...I find fitbit is profiting on us, instead of helping all customers equally.

shickerty
First Steps

Well as far as I can tell this thread has been ongoing since 2018....4 years down the road and no official resolution that I can find from Fitbit.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but if I am correct I am going to assume that you're not intending to do anything about it.

MBB13
Recovery Runner

The screen of my Fitbit Sense just detached yesterday and now the display stopped working too, the screen is black but the Sense is still tracking. It's rather strange that the screen would detach especially when it is suppose to be a waterproof item. I took exceptional good care of my Sense to make it last. I would definitely not want to even try to fix it myself. Luckily Fitbit will replace it at no cost.Thank you for that.

I wanted to note that I am, overall, very disappointed with the quality of your watches. I have been a Fitbit user for 5 years. I would expect a highly priced, "quality product" work or last for at least 5 years but the Fitbit products I've had, Blaze Ionic, Sense didn't even last a year, except my Aria scale, that works fine. I wonder if it is a manufacturing issue. I'd suggest to Fitbit, based on the bad track record, to increase the warranty to 2 years to keep their loyal clients. That would force you to source reliable manufacturing. It would also be important to offer extended warranty option and technical and servicing support beyond the warranty.

Personally, I would use my fitbit as long as it lasts, I despise consumerism and filling the landfill with junk, especially electronics we have to throw out because even recycling is not an option.

Fredisnothappy
First Steps

My Versa 3 is not keeping a charge for longer than 24 hours. My husband bought me this very expensive watch last Christmas. It is really aggravating that a watch and fitness tracker that costs $250+ only lasts one year and three months. With no option for an extended warranty, the “sorry about your luck” falls on me, the faithful Fitbit consumer and advocate of 6+ years. I am completely and utterly upset about this. I was sadly offered a 30% discount on a new one as an apology. This is all they could do because they only guarantee it for one year. It’s not like I caused damage resulting in it needing to be replaced. This has to do with their product and how poorly it performs after a short amount of time. Not fair. Get on this extended warranty for Canada or this is the last time I buy another Fitbit product or recommend it to my friends and family. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.