Fitbit Screen Lock for non Special Edition Versa versions

I would like it if we had the option of Fitbit Lock even if you don't have a special edition because I don't want people scrolling through my notifications or my apps and messing with my settings or even a factory reset (if someone stole it-yikes it's theirs now!) or any of that sort. I saw on the manual and a Fitbit article that there is an option to enable it if you don't have a special edition but that doesn't exist on my Versa. I was really looking forward to it!

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity

sarah, usa | versa, charge hr (retired)
5 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

vintagetech
First Steps

When I had a Garmin tracker it had a auto lock feature that had an easy way to unlock the screen (button push for a set amount of time). 

Please add this auto lock feature because my shower head water pressure is able to activate programs on my Versa when I am in the shower - I need it as a watch while I'm in the shower.... That and auto lock would keep annoying family members/people from getting access to my fitbit and changing settings on me. 

funkyjones
Jogger

I would love this feature! Between the shower and my 15 mos old daughter messing with the display... I really need this!

TECH_WHISPER
Jogger

I think that you should be able to add a code to The Fitbit Versa’s without Fitbit pay built in I hate when people get on my watch and start playing games. Also while I am away I don’t like people look at my watch. Also just privacy if you have notes on you watch or apps that have barcodes for cards. This isn’t likely but could happen some one could grab your watch and look at you messages while you phone is in your pocket. I don’t think I should have to play extra money for Fitbit pay if I don’t even have any cards to put on there just to get the code feature 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this Product Feedback! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.