Fitbit Pay Belgium

Please add banks from Belgium, such as BNP Paribas Fortis

34 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, this would be helpful for users in Belgium. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us. Keen to hear what others think?

LammarErhan
Jogger

Is there already more news about fitbit pay for belgian users?

Status changed to: Under Consideration
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

jojimoreau
First Steps

Please add it in Belgium.

Concider to add banks like N26 or Revolut, who are available in Belgium and in Europe. (Dev once, release everywhere. Combo !!)

Thanks !

konne
First Steps

please take action for activating fitbit Pay in Belgium. 

Schaemelhout
First Steps

Please add Fitbit Pay support for Belgian banks

Hastaboera
First Steps

Any news? Belfius bank could be added to the belgium list

thank you

Boergondier
Jogger

Please add BNP Paribas Fortis in Belgium. They already support Google Pay.

StijnDepauw
Jogger

Please do add banks in Belgium

KBC 

haroldtor
Recovery Runner

Hi,

No need to negotiate with banks, like in other countries. Just work with Bancontact Company, the nation wide payment system.

I have the Bancontact app installed on my NRC phone, and placed all my bank cards on the app. It works for all payment terminals in Belgium that accept NRC. Even for banks without NRC cards themselves.

StijnDepauw
Jogger
Haroldtor what do you mean ?
I do work with Bancontact app on my phone, but how is this related to activating Fitbit Pay ?
haroldtor
Recovery Runner

Fitbitpay just needs to work with Bancontact to use their already well established network with the NRC payment terminals, instead of having to negotiate with every single bank to have a direct payment from the bank. Makes sense?

StijnDepauw
Jogger
Absolutely !
SamSieben
First Steps

Would be so great and an extra motivation to buy the fitbit devices that support fitbit pay ! BNP Paribas already supports google and apple pay! So fitbit pay is hopefully possible in the near future.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hey all! Thought I’d share some potentially useful knowledge here. 

Apple Pay launched here a couple of weeks ago, and there’s an apparent exclusivity period for a single bank. Other banks are eager to compensate for this, PR-wise. Due to this dynamic, KBC recently introduced support for Garmin Pay. It’s a reasonable assumption that they’re currently open to supporting Fitbit Pay as well. 

– Additional thought regarding KBC specifically: this is a Belgian bank with a couple of international branches. The Irish branch already happens to offer Fitbit Pay! So this bank in particular likely has the technical means in place already. 

– Or as others here have pointed out: a different strategy would be to partner with a card network rather than banks in Belgium. Every debit card in Belgium implements Bancontact (from the Bancontact Company) and Maestro (from MasterCard). I haven’t encountered a single debit card in Belgium that does not implement both payment networks. So as pointed out before, this offers a great opportunity to roll out support for pretty much every Belgian Fitbit user in one fell swoop. Both payment networks support tokenized payments through NFC terminals. 

Hope to see this roll out soon for KBC, Bancontact or Maestro! Contactless payments are picking up significant mindshare here since Apple entered the market, and Fitbit users want to get in on the fun! 🙂

redman54200
First Steps

Indeed, use Bancontact or Maestro to let it work for all banks in Belgium.

ZaiMan
Jogger

Hi

I agree with the lot here: please activate the wallet for Belgium. It would make my life easier. Thanks!

Alex91
First Steps

Yes great idea for Belgian users. Please add Belfius bank as well 🙂 

redman54200
First Steps

Banksys in Belgium is part of the atos worldline group....

Malines
First Steps

Is there some release date know to enable the wallet to Belgium users?

Melferari
First Steps

Do you have news about Belgian bank for fitbit pay?

ksnieks
Jogger

Please activate the wallet (with KBC Bank) for Belgian Users. 

I actually find it very annoying that they sell the Special Edition version of the Charge 3 knowing that they don't offer FitBit Pay here. Not cool!

redman54200
First Steps

See this dutch article from tweakers that they are working on it to activate it in Belgium, there is no precise date.

In the Netherlands it was activated a week ago.

https://tweakers.net/nieuws/148490/fitbit-introduceert-betaaldienst-fitbit-pay-in-nederland.html

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Cool, nice catch! The quoted comment does sound somewhat generic though, hope this isn’t just a boilerplate answer…

In general: I don’t get why Fitbit insists on using Apple’s playbook in terms of maintaining absolute secrecy of rollouts and new partnerships until they launch – even for the international rollout of an *existing* service. Surely it doesn’t hurt anyone to keep users in the loop about international rollout of an existing service? As a matter of fact, it would likely drive additional local press coverage which is basically free advertising. 

Whatever, end of rant. I hope we’ll see movement soon. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Good news: the Wallet tile has started showing up for me today on the Ionic screen of the Fitbit iOS app! My girlfriend is seeing the same with her Versa.

Unfortunately no luck yet adding any of my cards (Maestro and MasterCard from KBC and Belfius). No movement on Fitbit’s list of partner banks yet either. But I guess this could be a sign of things to come. Fingers crossed!

If anyone here manages to add a card from a different bank, don’t forget to tell us here! 🙂

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.