Flip screens for left-handed people Fitbit Sense/Versa Smartwatches

In order for the button to be on the correct side for left-handed people wearing the device on their right hands, allow for the screen to be flipped when the setting for the hand is on left-handed.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

147 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MakMak, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to flip screens for left-handed people on Fitbit Sense. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

RichardHB
Jogger

I would like the same feature on the Versa 3! It was available on the ionic, having just received my Versa 3 I am very disappointed that this can't be done. You're upsetting about 10-15% of all potential customers. 

Matthew.E
First Steps
Could we please have an option to flip screen for left handed wearing of versa 3 .
Thanks in advance.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Matthew.E, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to flip screens for left-handed people Fitbit Sense/Versa 3. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

WillowJF
Recovery Runner

I have noticed that bending my right wrist all the way forward (away from the button) the button gets activated. 

I've had the Sense for less than 24 hrs and already accidentally started a running workout (via a long press of the button) 5 times....

Anyone else having this issue?

brianad
First Steps

An option to flip the screen for left handed people would be awesome. This is a feature I really enjoyed on my Versa and also my Versa 2

TJChicago
Jogger

@WillowJF this happens to a lot of people. My suggestion is to set the long press to something less intrusive like "weather". You can put your running workout under a double press to still access easier. 

I also would love the feature to flip the screen. I'm right handed and still think I would highly use this option so it's not even just for left handed people. I frequently switch between wrists just to give one side a break when I've been wearing my fitbit 24 hrs for a couple days. 

jaredhansen
First Steps

I have had a Sense for about three days and have accidentally long-pressed the button multiple times already.

I'm considering returning it, much as I don't want to, because this is just maddening.

Please fix this problem by enabling screen flipping. Thanks in advance!

Hadden8176
Tempo Runner

I am a lefty. Please  have this feature for us Leftys

Varejulcsa
First Steps

I wanted this watch for soo long. And now that I have fitbit sense (for 3days) I am already considering to send it back. This is so sad. 

There are few annoying/non user-friendly things which are triggering it.

• First, we can't set the notification what shows on our watch. Now is like facebook wall, everyone around you can read your messages when you get notified. Would be grate to develop this option with a time manner,  so we could  set for how long and what shows on your wrist. 
  • Secondly, I am a lefty. I use my watch on my right hand. And the button accidentally hits when I am working out. It's also difficult for me to press the button when I want it. I tried to find out how can I change the side but then i realised that's not possible. ?

This watch should beat easily Apple Watch6. (My friend just bought one and we compared one to another. Sorry I know it's not nice but don't we do it all the time with everything?)

So in the end with these "little" non user-friendly things, makes the Apple products much more advised then this. ?

I hope fitbit will develop something awesome very soon?? otherwise I am afraid loads of us will change the product for something else. 

AshBell
First Steps

I’m not a lefty, but I do wear my watch on my right hand. Same problem, I press the button all the time!! Please make it so we can rotate the screen soon. 

Sharlzie
First Steps

I'm a lefty and wear the sense on my right wrist. I have had it on for about 2 hours so far and accidentally set off the 'long press" enough times that I switched the band around. The display flip shouldn't have been looked over as a feature if it's already offered on other devices (and from the comments, competing products!).

Please Fitbit! Let me see my screen the correct way!!!

Absolutely an issue with the versa 2, 3, and now sense. With the new call functionality enabled with the 5.1 update, it makes it worse as the speaker is on the other side where you normally expect to hear it when raising your wrist to your ear/mouth. 

All left handed people will run into this. 

This is a good idea and a must for all left handed people. However, I wonder if the ekg probes will be available in the opposite direction. Otherwise, you would have to hold the watch a bit awkwardly when taking an ekg. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Program an option that allows you to rotate the watch so the solid state button is on the "right" side. For left arm wearers this would allow the use of the index finger in a much more natural way.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about allowing us to be able to rotate the Sense display and the button. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yes I agree, please show us lefties some love and add this as a feature. Sounds like this was an option on the Versa and Versa 2, so I don't see why it wasn't an option out of the gate..

Spoofdogg
First Steps

This is needed on the versa 3

every other smart watch out there has this feature, why doesn’t Fitbit catch up???

Keebler680
First Steps

This should be added for ALL Fitbit models my kids all got the inspire 2 for xmas only one is left handed and either had to have it upside down or constantly hit the button. If i had known that Fitbit didnt have this feature he would have gotten a different brand, even the crappy knock offs do this why would i think you didnt?

Ramma314
Jogger

After a bit of testing with my Sense, I don't think this option would solve the issue a few have described. You can trigger a button press without pressure being applied on or near the button, so as the original suggestion describes this is more about ease of pressing (thumb vs forefinger).

For those curious, the first way to trigger a button press is to push downward (onto your wrist) where the band connects to the watch on both the top and bottom sides of the display. It takes a bit of pressure, but consistently triggers a button press for me.

The second and easier way is the put a finger between the 'clasp' and your wrist, then simply pull so the watch face is pulled against your wrist. Again, takes a bit of pressure, but is very easy to control the type of press with.

It's probably not a great idea to use either of those because of the stress on the wristband connections, but that sort of tension seems likely as a cause of false button presses and happens irrelevant of which side the button is turned to.

Briguy_kels
First Steps

New versa 3 left handed owner and the button is driving me crazy already.

Dev team, put the watch on your right wrist for 1 day and you'll experience the issue first-hand. With the button location and configuration, the button is pressed about 10 times daily, causing vibration and drawing my attention unnecessarily. 

Please don't delay on this, it took me a week to consider coming online for an answer, and then I had to set up of an account to post - if you're seeing 120+ posts on this, assume there are 100x the people not willing to take the time to get a reply on here. We need a fix!

Joemoe
First Steps

Voting for some left handed love from fitbit. I got a versa 3 for Christmas and this is a madd

Cmc13579
First Steps

I would LOVE to flip the screen!  As a left handed person, I find that many things are awkward to use .... It would be great if that button could be on the other side so my wonderful Fitbit isn't one of them!

FierceNinja
Jogger

I am a lefty and own Versa 3, for now.  Fitbit, please stop this discrimination against us lefties by allowing the screen flip.  I keep pressing the long press button by accident so many times that I may have to return  it.

FierceNinja
Jogger

Dumb question - how do I upvote/vote for this feature?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.