Highlight new watchfaces and apps in Fitbit App Gallery

In the store of the Fitbit app, there are several categories to browse through.

But i would like an extra category that shows the new watchfaces/apps.

The definition of new could be: last month, last week, user gives a date, etc.

That way we don't have to browse large categories, just to find 1 new app/watchface.

Moderator edit: label & title

Phone: Xiaomi Mi5 OS: Android 7.1/Lineage 14.1
Watch: Ionic
Previous watches:Pebble, Pebble Time, Samsung Gear Fit2
27 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Fab Heart

MorphoWings7
Jogger

Please also give us the ability to search and to give app feedback, either directly to the dev or in the form of ratings or limited text.  You could make the app store available through your online app or community for people to give feedback or suggestions for improvement.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @elot this is a great suggestion, thanks for sharing. I'll pass this onto the team and keep you posted. Thanks!

LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@MorphoWings7 there is an existing Feature Suggestion for a search bar here which is under consideration! Thanks

elot
Tempo Runner

@LizFitbit

Thanks, i hope it will be implemented.

Also an option for Updated watchfaces and apps, would be nice.

RatedE
Tempo Runner

Love all the new clock faces being added by the developers but I agree they need to be better organized/sorted. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to where they get added into the list....they should be sorted by most recent or something like that. It also bugs me when you go to check out a new clock face that when you go back to the gallery - it takes you all the way to the top again...not to where you were currently browsing. 😊

genericscissors
Recovery Runner

I think it would be nice to have a view in the app store to show new clock faces and recently updated clock faces.  

Harboe
Runner

I totally agree. Sorting by newest, oldest or popular. I think we should be able to rate watch faces and apps, 1 to 5 start for example, to help others find great watch faces and also let the developers know what people think of their work.

JayJay_de
Base Runner

Definitively +1

I also wanted to suggest exactly this, but it already exists 🤗

vitalyk
Recovery Runner

I have Ionic and as far as I know this applies to Versa as well, but I'm not sure about other devices.

When the app store became available, I thought, it's primitive, but good enough for the first iteration. I expected it to be updated in the next couple of months, but it never did. So here are a couple of suggestions for app/clock store.

First of all, the scroll position resets to the beginning every time I click through one of the apps and it's very annoying considering that the only updated category is "All". As the list gets longer, it'll get harder to find new apps.

Which brings us to the second issue: categories. It doesn't look like they get updated very often. There should be a category for recently added and recently apps to make it easier to discover new apps. Also, it would be nice to keep track of useful apps that I don't necessarily want to keep on my watch. Either with favourites or previously installed category.

It be nice to have a web based version of the app store as well.

LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hey @vitalyk.

Thanks for sharing your idea. It sounds like an interesting idea.

Let's see what other Forum members have to say about it. 

Harboe
Runner

The app/clock gallery needs some serious work. Surprised there still aren't any sort options and that you can't search for specific features yet.

Jd529
Recovery Runner

There definitely need to be better category options, as well as a new category to see the new releases without scrolling through all. 

EMPreston
Jogger

I've spent time looking through every clock face to try and find the one I want to use, and I don't really want to have to go through all of them every month to see the new updates. Being able to sort by "Newest additions" or "most popular" would be a nice way to give us that ability. I want to appreciate the work of those designers, it's not fair to lump their work in the middle of 100 other things I've scrolled through.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject/Labels

LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @EMPreston.

Thanks for sharing your ideas!

I definitely see how this could be useful for Ionic or Versa users. Let's wait and see what other users think.

nickpott23
Jogger

I agree - a web-based store should be available. Along with the ability to pin favorites, sort by name, sort by upload/update date, etc.

Len_Kawamoto
Recovery Runner

Please add a search feature to the app store.  Search using a substring that matches the name of an App, or by description text, and filtered by category or on all Apps.

jpmaxwell
Runner

Fitbit please when a App is added to the App Gallery would you please put into a new category.

Call it   "Just Added"   There are now as of today May 21 2108,    181 apps available, Try and go through all of these apps its sometimes hard to find the new one.  And lets get really crazy how about notifying  all the Ionic owners that there is a new app released.  

Rsfreitas
Recovery Runner

Definitely need a "new apps" section to discover new ones, and would be great to mark clock faces as favourites to have them easy to swap.

jpmaxwell
Runner
Great idea. Favorite’s for your watch face. Easily change out. To many to go though.
The app gallery needs a lot of work. Fitbit needs recruit a better team to run it.
MadKing101
Recovery Runner

I think there should be a new clock face section for Versa so we know when a new one has been submitted instead of having to scroll through all the pre-existing ones. Vote people! 😊

MadKing101
Recovery Runner

Yes! I have literally just added a post with the same idea for Versa.

LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @vitalyk.

The ability to have the browsing remember where you were has been released

As for favorites, you can vote for this other suggestion. Aside from that, I will be merging your post into the request to highlight newly released faces and apps.

Thanks for posting in the Forums.

Jamie_Henshaw
Recovery Runner

Yes! I was just saying this!

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.