Integration with iFit

Can someone write the code to update the ionic to sync heart rate and calories with ifit during an Ifit cycle workout?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

10 Comments
GordonFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Developer
Fitbit Developer

Hi @Greg9313 

In order to sync Fitbit data with iFit, iFit would need to use the Fitbit APIs and incorporate the data into their application.   I would recommend you reach out to them.   Also, I'll move your request to our Feature Suggestion board in case product management decides Fitbit wants to build, support and maintain an integration with iFit.

Gordon

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Greg9313 Thanks for sharing this suggestion about integrating your Fitbit data with iFit. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit. We’d encourage you to make this suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly. Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

softncuddly
Jogger

I see several posts from loyal FitBit community about integration and compatibility with iFit which is used by NordicTrak and ProForm as well as as others, the request started from what I can see in 2014. This is extremely disappointing that FitBit has not looked at evolving a partnership over the past 7+ years. As a loyal user of FitBit since the original launch and now considering upgrading my aging Blaze, I now need to start considering other brands for my next purchase as there seems to be a lack of willingness by FitBit to expand its partnerships. This is really disappointing as FitBit has been great to me over the years. 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @softncuddly. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about integrating Fitbit with iFit. You might also be interested in this other suggestion. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us  to keep our forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. You can support this idea by adding your vote. Please know that we're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process.

jrbaird9
Jogger
The Fitbit Treadmill activity tracking is way off for my Versa 3. I ran roughly 8 miles on my treadmill (Nordic Track with iFit) and my Fitbit said I ran less than 2 miles. I've run on the treadmill with and without selecting the treadmill activity option to see if the tracking was better or worse but it didn't make a difference.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @jrbaird9, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to sync with iFit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

SurroMama2
First Steps
allow Fitbit to sync with iFit so that we can get the accurate distance of the iFit trainer/exercise with the steps and heart rate from the Fitbit.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SurroMama2, thanks for sharing this suggestion about having an integration between Fitbit and iFit with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

mgcurtis
First Steps
It seems illogical that fitbit can't talk to iFit or at least my Proform treadmill! They are all 3 leaders in the industry and surely can figure out how to work together.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @mgcurtisthanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us about the possibility of integrating with iFit. I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned; you can also vote for this idea about the integration with Nordic app. This helps to keep the forums more organized and for the team of developers to continue to track popularity and demand over time.  

Thank you again for your participation in the Community.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.