0 Votes

Interval training for running

It is essential to have an 'interval training' option on fitbit (on all devices as none seem to have this feature) specifically for running, with options to add a start up and warm down. I bought the fitbit to help me do 'couch to 5k', and there are various timers I would like to be able to set in the 'run' section as opposed to interval workout, as I believe this is not tracking the running properly. 

It is also very irritating that on interval workout you only have the option of 'move', 'rest' and 'repeat' x times. I would like to be able to put in

move 5 min

rest 1 min

move 10 min

rest 2 min

etc

with varying times in the same session, which is currently not possible on the inspire HR.

I am a programmer and know that the whoever programmes the fitbit software could implement this is less than 5 minutes, a first year university student could code that up in 10 minutes, it's not challenging to do from a software prospective, particularly as already fits in with other functionality the fitbit has, so the only reason this has not been done already is.....?
Only had my fitbit a week and already considering refunding it and buying a Garmin because of this lack of basic functionality. 

Give me access to fitbit software and I'll code this in for you myself for free, this is so basic and easy to do it's absurd fitbit doesn't already have this functionality!

Moderator edit: title & label

1 Comment
Status changed to: Existing Feature
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @Eswann.

We already have the ability to track intervals and to customize them. You can click here to read more about it. 

Thanks for taking the time to post about your suggestion.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.