Long & Short Term Weight Goals

I'd love the option to have multiple weight goals at once; I have another 51 kilos to go to reach my target weight, but I've been splitting this into smaller milestones to keep me motivated as having the whole amount on the app seems unreachable.

I'd like to be able to see "XXkg until your next milestone, XXkg until your goal", especially on the graph on the tile.

If not customisable, then at least a countdown to the next badge.

15 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @CathyDavis! That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

SmokeAngel
First Steps

Totally agree - I'd love to see this, as well as integrating goal rewards too potentially?

camleot108
Jogger

Definitely gets my vote

Vexleigh
First Steps

Absolutely spot on. I, too, could stand to lose at least 20kg more, but dealing with it in five-kilogram chunks is more manageable.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Totally, and for other metrics as well (steps, active minutes etc). Right now I put all my long-term goals into a textedit document, which is less than ideal. I'd much rather have them inside the app too. 

mklepine
First Steps

I completely agree on having a short term and long term goal option.  Also, if you adjust your goal that it can keep the overall weight loss from the original start date.  Or at least have an option to select the starting date prior to that date you are adjusting the goal.  I adjusted my goal and it wiped out the lbs lost.  Now it is tracking my weight loss from the day I adjusted the goal.  😞  I didn't realized how motivating it was to see the overall weight loss total.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

+ 1 about starting date. You want to be able to see the overall weight loss, not just since the last time you adjusted your goal

jivehonky
Base Runner

I had this same thought this morning...  I love the graphic representation on the tile as stated by the OP. I'm suggesting that the long term goal be the top rainbow and have a rainbow underneath it that is the short term goal. I'm approaching my short term goal weight set in early Feb and I'd love to continue tracking my overall progress while resetting my short term goal.  As it stands, once I hit my goal, I'll set another goal and which will establish another start date and the graph will start back at the beginning and my previous progress won't be represented anymore.

Shafiqa
Recovery Runner

Love this idea!  I've also been tracking mine in 5kg increments to make it more manageable and would love to see on the dashboard how much I've lost since the I started tracking and how much I still have to go on the short-term and long-term goals.  Would also be great if we could select the start date from where to track the long term goals.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @DoriHiggins and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience :). To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

lauraneumiller
Recovery Runner

It is a proven fact that individuals are more successful in reaching their  goals by breaking them into smaller parts. With that, I would like to see the overall goal (mostly weight) broken down to allow for minor goals within the major. I have an overall loss of 60+ lbs but when I leave it at that number it is daunting. I have broken it down into 10lb loss goals which has kept me on track and at a total loss of 23lbs but unfortunately, since I broke my goal down- it says i have only lost 3 pounds and I will not receive the badges of 20 lbs or 50 lbs. Help us set SMART goals to be successful and have less daunting numbers stare back at us.

Sammie281
First Steps

Losing as much weight as I have needed to this would be a great feature to help me keep motivated. It’s something I am doing anyway but having the app show me how close I am to a short term goal, even when I have so long to go for a long term goal would be really exciting. Hopefully this could be a new addition. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Sammie281, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about here. Keep adding your suggestions!

ronaldj100
First Steps

Yep, you actually proved my point on my suggestion.

If people are only using FitBit to set short-term goals, they may never achieve their long-term success. A long-term goal line flattens the curve making short-term progress seem to be nothing at all, when in fact, if the goal line wasn't there, people would be encouraged by their own progress visually. This positive feedback is vital for success.

A long-term goal line should not interfere with the graph showing someone's short-term progress. The line should be optional, or add short-,mid-, and long-term goal settings, and only display them on the graphs where appropriate (weekly,monthly,3-month, Yearly, All-time graphs). Display of goal lines should be optional so graphs don't flatten out.

flat weight curve

mewlou3
Jogger

i would also like this added! i have 12kg to go to reach an ideal weight and im taking weight loss steady and it would be nice to have my goal broken down so i can have short term aims and feel accomplished when i reach them

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.