Add Windsurfing/Surfing/Stand Up Paddleboarding to exercise mode

Hi, I'd just like to make a request. I'm an active windsurfer, surfer and stand up paddle boarder and annoyingly the FitBit app doesn't recognise these as sports. So after a day's surfing/windsurfing/stand up paddle boarding I can't log what I've done on the app, which is incredibly annoying as it's hard to keep track of my calorie output this way. Can you please either add these sports to the app or add a function where you can manually add your calorie output?

Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and added labels

84 Comments
Surf
First Steps

There is not an option to track surfing under exercise tracking. Is anyone working on this?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Wouldn't the surfboard get the credit for the exercise? 🙂
Treeblood
First Steps

Why isn't SUP included in the activities? It is excellent exercise, which includes balance and core. I recently sold one of my kayaks and bought a SUP, but haven't been able to accurately log my rides (inc. wipe outs!)

Moderator Edit: Labels

Surfing
Jogger
Please add surfing as an exercise
TracyK
Jogger

I too am looking for a response on what activity I should choose to track my SUP (Stand Up Paddlboarding) outings? Anyone have recommendations or ideas?

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
Mcore
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thank you for your contributio @Surf. I believe that this suggestion would be of great help for users who love to surf and do it frequently, this would be a great option to manually log this activity on the Dashboard. I will gladly send your request to our team members so they can take it into consideration.

Any other ideas you might have, feel free to share or vote for them, if it’s already suggested in the Feature Request Forum.

Have a great day!

TracyK
Jogger

Glad you brought the SUP topic up. I too am an avid paddleboarded (this sport and kayaking) should be added to the activities list! any future development for this??? The sport is growing!! Never received a response on my 7/13/15 post.

Treeblood
First Steps
I've not received any response from the Fitbit team, either. Hopefully they're monitoring this question and will respond to our inquiries!

Tomorrow is never guaranteed. Live for today.
SurfFL
First Steps

FitBit,

Yes, please let us add a surf session manually including calories manually.  Each day surfing the calorie burn for a given period of time is variable based on conditions, duration paddling and water temperature.  I would like to add my calorie burn recorded by my Trace Surf manually to the FitBit iPhone app.

Thanks!

bodgerjim
First Steps

I too am a keen Stand Up Paddler and want to have my sessions accurately reflected on Fitbit. Any plans to add the activity (SUP) as an exercise?

eramador
First Steps

As someone who surfs 1-2  times per week it would be great to be able to log this information more accurately.  Even better would be a fitbit that could handle swimming/surfing/paddleboarding. 

I would be willing to have my charge HR for daily wear and an additional fitbit device that piggybacks that would be able to measure HR and activity in the water (swimming/surfing/etc).  The 2nd device wouldn't need the gps or additional bells and whistles but would be the device you wear when doing those types of activities.  Both devices would sync to the same account.

So for a triathlete.  Charge HR on bike and run HR/GPS.  Switch out to 2nd companion device for swim HR.  But both sync with same account and recognize when one is worn versus the other.  That should make it easier then trying to cram all the functionality on one device.

Tbbuc72
First Steps
Please add surfing and stand up paddle boarding to the list of exercises.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
HeydyF
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

It'll be very good to have those sports available on the Fitbit app. Thanks for sharing such a great idea! 

TracyK
Jogger

I couldnt wait and bought a Garmin instead

bodgerjim
First Steps

Let us know when you make the changes please.

Rmiosek
First Steps
Yes - SUP needs to be added! Waterproofing too!
Puddle44
First Steps
Please add SUP to logable exercises preferably two levels recreational and racing. Thanks
C_WA
First Steps

Yes please for SUP!

ChristineNoel
First Steps
Me too!!!! Need SUP listed as an activity please!
24Tricky
Jogger

Now that waterproofing is in place with the Flex2, please add SUP as an activity.  Lake Winnipesaukee, NH, USA

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

SUP would be great. Not sure if any paddle activity is available for the charge 2

NewZealandSup
First Steps

Hi fellow SUPpers.  I too am frustrustated that my SURGE does not have a SUP activity.  I use the RUN activity tracker.  With location services turned on the GPS tracks your SUP activity in the same way as a run, giving a breakdown of all of the same parameters.  Best we can do till FITBIT adds our sport. 

Packers808
First Steps

I'd like watersports options as well.  I'm an outrigger canoe paddler and would like it to track my GPS as

@Surfista36 wrote:
Hi,

I'd just like to make a request. I'm an active windsurfer, surfer and stand up paddle boarder and annoyingly the FitBit app doesn't recognise these as sports. So after a day's surfing/windsurfing/stand up paddle boarding I can't log what I've done on the app, which is incredibly annoying as it's hard to keep track of my calorie output this way. Can you please either add these sports to the app or add a function where you can manually add your calorie output?

Thanks

accurately as it does for hikes,  walks and running. 

TracyK
Jogger
Buy a Garmin. They had the foresight and listened to their community.
Fitbit despite our requests for the past two years still isn't listening,

--
Tracy Kristensen
760-580-0129
TracyK
Jogger

Buy a Garmin (I did...a 220) . Garmin had the foresight and listened to their community. Fitbit.  despite our requests for the past two years,  still isn't listening, not have they made their device waterproof for water sports activities

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.