Mood/Energy-level/Anxiety tracker

I have to manage and track my moods as part of managing my bipolar and it would be really beneficial to be able to do this using the Fitbit app. I can then see how sleep quality and quantity effect my mood level the next day. If I could monitor my mood and energy levels here it would allow me to see early warning signs and which aspects of my health improve my symptoms.

This would not only be helpful for those with bipolar but anyone who is experiencing depression, low mood or anxiety. Other trackers on the market either don't have the capabilities that Fitbit does or they are very complicated to complete. Fitbit mood identifier and motivating option and motivational messages.  

Thank you for your consideration

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

96 Comments
NicholeLB
First Steps
Absolutely! And this is just such a useful addition. So you can really see how different things impact your day and effect your fitness. There really ought to be more tiles for people with conditions and medications
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I would luv this!
ppetrovski
First Steps

Agree - mental health is very important and should be part of an app called Fitbit.

Fitbit could help bring mental health awareness and tracking to the masses.

Please add some rudimentary daily mood tracking (1 to 5 stars), with the abilty to add notes to each recording. This could be built upon further, and it would be great to compare mood to other stats like calories burnt, calories eaten, sleep etc.

This is an important area of health that Fitbit could be leading in.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
HeydyF
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi there, thank you for your suggestion! tracking your mood by using the Fitbit app sounds very helpful. It could help to detect any symptom of depression, low mood or anxiety. Hope this could be implemented in the future. 

Any other ideas or requests you  might have, feel free to share them or vote for them in case they have already been posted in this board. 

keiraaa
Jogger

It would be great if the fitbit app / dashboard had a category where you could use an emoji to reflect how you feel at the end of the day to help better understand how you inputs and outputs are effecting your mental health.

This way you can look back on your activities and goals for the day and see how they affect how you feel and start to recognise trends to help improve you health and fitness regime (e.g. feeling hungry = too few calories, feeling energised = meeting your water intake goal, feeling tired = too few hours of sleep, feeling grumpy = too much sugar, feeling sore = too many high intensity workouts and not enough stretching etc.)

It might sound logical enough but when you start seeing a trend of 😞 it's really great when you can work out what works for you to make them 😄

Moderator edit:  Labels

jorgensenk
Jogger

I would love to see a mental health tracker. Or even just an emotion tracker. It's helpful to see how exersize correlates with mood and mental health, as well as sleep and diet.

Cinderella4000
First Steps

I don't understnad, Do you mean in the app? Like you can track water? 

hmcmcole
Base Runner

We had this feature in the past.  FitBit removed it last August.

ballygirl
Jogger

Yes - I have been looking all over for a mood tracker that would synch with fitbit. Even better if Fitbit would add in this feature. I do not have any specific mental illnesses but do have a lot of ups and downs.  I would like to be able to compare things like how much sleep or exercise I've had along with my mood changes.  There is so much research out there that links mental health with things like sleep, diet, and activity, I'm really surprised that with all the fitness trackers out there, I can't seem to find any that have this feature!

hmcmcole
Base Runner

FitBit had this feature at one time.  Then they "upgraded" the software tracking to eliminate that feature along with a number of other useful features like blood pressure, AC1 levels, etc.

MalachiJones
Jogger

I know that the fitbit tracks food intake via calories, hours slept, water intake, and heartrate. I'd like to have a section in the log to track moods. For example, periodically throughout the day when I'm feeling particularly productive I could open the app and click the "feelin' great" button. Later, if I'm cranky I could click the "leave me alone" button. Doing so througout the day, I could match up my mood entries (time/date stamped) with my heart rate, sleep hours, and food intake. Eventually, I could view moods relative to sleep, food, and heartrate. I think this is something akin to biorhythms (???)

Perhaps the app could send a reminder (like drink your water!) to log your mood. Perhaps just a "How are you feeling?" reminder would be great. Anyone else like this idea? 

dbar8ham
Stepping Up

I think that this is a good idea, in fact, I was hoping for this type of tracking option. Along with the other variables such as sleep and calorie intake, it would be nice to be able to track moods/emotions as well as pain/soreness. Nothing complicated but with the ability to customize.

Reading some of the other comments, a couple mentioned that fitbit used to have something like this and removed it..?! That's unfortunate and a little strange... I can't imagine that a feature like that would take up much "space/bytes". Maybe it's being retooled...?

Deliya
First Steps

It would be great if it were possible to log emotions into the Fitbit App, even better to have this integrated as an option in the charge 2.

As someone with anxiety, I review the heart rate information to reflect on my stress levels for the day and use the guided breathing exercise to help. If we can log emotions and associate it with a time and heart rate it would be very helpful for me in my daily improvements with managing my anxiety 

hmcmcole
Base Runner
Yes, FitBit upgraded the software by removing that option along with
several other tracking options. People were even willing to pay extra, but
FitBit "knew better".
Bingobingo
First Steps

My suggestion is to add two optional functions to the Fitbit dashboard:

1) track your energy levels, and

2) track your mood

Users could choose to track this once per day or a few times throughout the day.  

It is well-documented that overall wellness can be increased through regular exercise, including enhanced mood and energy levels. 

Edhose
First Steps

I also wish there was a section where one could track mood and medical symptoms. It would be really helpful for people struggling with depression and medical issues, I volunteer myself as a beta tester! Thanks for your time!

Franzi22
First Steps

I second this suggestion. It would be incredibly useful to track one's mood, energy level, and general well-being maybe simply in the form of being able to clikc on 1-5 emojis that display different moods. 

Being able to correlate exercise behavior and sleeping patterns with how you actually feel, might be really useful data. Plus, it might also be nice to use your Fitbit to enhance your general well-being by doing the things that make you feel good more often. 

@Bingobingo wrote:

My suggestion is to add two optional functions to the Fitbit dashboard:

1) track your energy levels, and

2) track your mood

Users could choose to track this once per day or a few times throughout the day.  

It is well-documented that overall wellness can be increased through regular exercise, including enhanced mood and energy levels. 

Lueck767
Tempo Runner

Cool idea. It's a quick & fun way to summarize your day for sure. I would use that feature. 

Bec91a
Jogger

Please please please consider this Fitbit!! It surely would be a simple addition to the app and watch and would make a huge difference to many people's lives 

NicolaJW
First Steps

I would also love to see this please. Mental health is equally as important as physical, and tracking moods, triggers and how they correlate with the other trackers on the fitbit app would improve my experience immensely 

Musclehedz101
First Steps

Agreed, pls add this feature in the firmware.

Em1ems
First Steps

I'd love to be able to track my mood and see how that changes with / without hitting exercise goals

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

FearlessFawkes
First Steps

THIS! There are so many different factors that affect overall health and ability to be active. I would love if FitBit allowed for us to track many more of these things. Including moods, overall mental health/energy etc

hmcmcole
Base Runner

It's a shame that FitBit had this feature at one time, but decided to remove that capability when they "upgraded" the software.

danjamz
Jogger

Please add this as an option for the dashboard Fitbit!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.