Mood/Energy-level/Anxiety tracker

I have to manage and track my moods as part of managing my bipolar and it would be really beneficial to be able to do this using the Fitbit app. I can then see how sleep quality and quantity effect my mood level the next day. If I could monitor my mood and energy levels here it would allow me to see early warning signs and which aspects of my health improve my symptoms.

This would not only be helpful for those with bipolar but anyone who is experiencing depression, low mood or anxiety. Other trackers on the market either don't have the capabilities that Fitbit does or they are very complicated to complete. Fitbit mood identifier and motivating option and motivational messages.  

Thank you for your consideration

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

96 Comments
jojoH1979
First Steps

i would like to see this feature too

Radioactiveman
First Steps

I think this wld b an important feature u cld market to the research teams that contact u for data...it wld also help for the period traker function...it helps to know where ur moods r coming from, if/how they r improving over time etc...a must add!!!

also a mini journal function to track what u did that day...short tick box type items. Or free writing...how u felt when a goal was acheived...imho

hmcmcole
Base Runner
Several years back, these are functions that FitBit had.  Many people objected to dropping these functions, but FitBit felt it would require too many resources.  I switched to another brand that does allow these functions.
XReva
First Steps

I would really appreciate to have an option to add my mood everyday. As a person suffering from anxiety and starting to do exercise and eat healthy, I think it would be really helpful to see how my mood correlate with my healthy habits.

Kryscolour
First Steps

I would love to see this.  Diffrrent faces for tracking moods, mindful affirmations to settle down and habit/tic tracker. This can help depressive, anxiety, bipolar and asd folx. Thank you! 

Moderator Edition: Format and Labels

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful to a lot of users, thanks for sharing this suggestion @KryscolourWoman Happy

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Options to log mood after meals to help keep rrack of if were feeling bloated, still hungry, full.... and it will help us gather useful data about our eating habits! 

Could help to pinpoint problem foods, or understand if were eating enough, or better understand if our eating times are right.

Meapre
First Steps

I love my fitbit. It would be even better if the monthly cycle tracker included the option to track emotions.

Lizlemlur
Jogger

When is there going to be mental health tracking available? I would love to see how my diet, activity level, and cycle are effecting my mood and mental health. Maybe it could help people be more active if they could see the correlation between physical and emotional health. 

bethonia
Jogger

I would love to see this on the charge 3 !!!

Fi.D
Recovery Runner

Totally agree with this. 

Would also like to see Depressed added as a mood as Sad is different.

Hope this is added soon. ...PLEASE!!!

TechAutoBlog
Base Runner
The versa and Ionic already have a Fitbit labs app for this. It asks you 3
times a day to report how you are feeling. This would be cool on the charge
Fi.D
Recovery Runner

@TechAutoBlog 

I can’t find FItbit lab apps! 
Can you direct me to it?

Gordis218
First Steps
I'm not seeing a "Labs" tracker for my versa. Do you know if it might be
listed under another name?
TechAutoBlog
Base Runner
Qikbit
Stepping Up

I would love to have this! As we already have "relax", this would be a great addition to overall health tracking.

Terra98
Jogger

im bipolar so this feature would be extremely helpful. if not a full feature than at leas some integration with an app.

Edm78
Stepping Up

I was wondering why there isn't an app integration to record mood or overall health. Or a section within the fitbit app to record how one is feeling throughout the day. I would think that it could be very usefull to determine the best days or weeks of mood, energy, and overall health by gathering all the data fitbit provides.

Darby345
Jogger

I would also love to see this feature! Especially if you could figure out how to graph it. Thanks for your consideration. 

Septembergirl10
Stepping Up

As a healthcare professional I think this would be a great application. Tracking mood and energy is not only helpful for learning more about how your body functions in terms of overall health and wellness but also could be a useful tool for people with anxiety, depression, etc. It can be challenging to keep track of symptoms between clinic visits. This would be a great way for people to better understand their energy or mood but also could be a useful tool to have directed discussions with their care providers.

sonia21
First Steps

I am really impressed by the way you describe the matter, you can also visit Holi wishes to find more information about that matter.

JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Edm78 Thanks for sharing this suggestion, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas with us!

krjoyner56
First Steps

YES YES. 

LilBird95
First Steps

This would be so helpful as I am also bipolar as well and sleep diet and mood 

haghighat
Stepping Up

This is a great suggestion. Mental health is as important as physical health. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.