Naming/Labeling Alarms

Hello,

Wouldn't it be nice if you allow us to name the silent alarms? For example: an alarm to wake up, one to drink water, food, one to remind me of something such as an important meeting, etc...

Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

479 Comments
brsheff
Jogger

I'd like to see a feature for the Force that can show a custom message when a silent alarm goes off.  Example:  Say I set an alarm on my Fitbit app for 8pm but I'm also able to type a message with the alarm that says "Feed the cat".  Then, when 8pm comes around, I feel a vibration on my wrist and I look down and the display reads "Feed the cat".  

I imagine this could also be a feature that might work well with integration into the phone's OS.  If the Force had integration into my iPhone's OS, then when I have a reminder set with an alarm in iOS, the alarm goes off on the Force and the display shows the content of the remidner. 

ohoski
First Steps

I was thinking the same thing!  I searched the forum for "alarm text" and found this post.  I'd love the ability to have a small amount of text display when an alarm goes off.

6am - WAKE UP!

8pm - Go to the gym

etc.

mdemahy
First Steps

This is a great idea.  i was going to add the idea and found this entry.  The ability to add reminders on the phone that will trigger a silent alarm on the force with text is great.

rraina
Jogger

hi, on the fitbit force, how about the silent alarm showing a configurable text message? so instead of just saying Sat 8:00 AM, it could say: "Soccer class".

Psyferre
First Steps

+1 here.  I'm ADHD and use all my fitbit alarm slots to remind me to do different things.  More alarm slots with configurable messages would be fantastic.  I imagine such a feature could be easily developed alongside the upcoming IOS incoming call alerts... If the app has an API that supports "pushing" an alert to the fitibit, with text content, a lot of possibilities open up.

Psyferre
First Steps

Pasted from another thread about the same idea:

+1 here.  I'm ADHD and use all my fitbit alarm slots to remind me to do different things.  More alarm slots with configurable messages would be fantastic.  I imagine such a feature could be easily developed alongside the upcoming IOS incoming call alerts... If the app has an API that supports "pushing" an alert to the fitibit, with text content, a lot of possibilities open up.  I imagine there's a limit to the number of alarm slots due to limited device memory - if the app is pushing notifications to the fitbit instead I would think all of these limitations could be circumvented.

Bjazz
Jogger

So, if I set alarms to remind me to get up and walk around - maybe have the alarm go off and say, "Walk!" or "Move" or something like that.  Be able to set different phrases for different alarms.

RipTide
Base Runner

Since FitBit Force is basically replacing my watch.....

I like the fitbit silent alarms since it is separate from all the notification sounds that I receive on my iphone. I use the fitbit alarm for things other than just "Get Up and Move Around" reminders and it would be extremely helpful to have a short text phrase I could set with the alarms. "Meeting Time", "Pick up the Kids", "Go Play Hockey", etc. Great Idea!!!!

colin_que
Jogger

As Fitbit release more adavanced devices that are able to display text, is it possible to add new properties to silent alarm, such as a name or date. Right now a non-recurring alarm can only be set for the next 24 hours, which limits the potential for many applications.

JohnnyW
Recovery Runner

I think it would be really useful to be able to have scrolling text on the Fitbit Charge during alarms. For example being able to have the text "move laundry" or "take medicine" scroll across the screen instead of having to remember why you set the alarm in the first place. Maybe even a timer alarm feature. For example, if I have to do something in 50 minutes. I can set it like that instead of calculating the time now + 50 min and then setting an alarm. I think these features will make the vibrating silent alarm feature incredibly useful.

Kaorock
Recovery Runner

Can we have a titile for the alarm say "Busy day today.... have fun " or general reminders like " Have a sip of water" , " Go for walk" , "feed the dog" ," clear the trash" stuff like that. Would really take the product to a whole new level!

stevew_68
Strider

Handy for if you have multiple alarms set. As well as the time and day, you can add a message as well, like a title for the alarm. E.G ' Get in extra steps before work' and this would show up on the Fitbit screen ( if it has one ) when the alarm activates.

stevew_68
Strider
Thank you so much. Glad to help. I should of said in case it wasn't clear. I meant customisable messages.
hildebrandj
First Steps

It would be great if we could label alarms and then have that name displayed on the device when it is triggered.

Bear76
Base Runner

Jawbone does this and it is fantastic. Mainly because sometimes I can't remember why I set the alarm. 

YAYA2015
Stepping Up
I have the FitBit FLEX. It would be nice to label the alarms. The FLEX wouldn't be able to display the alarm, but if the alarm could flash on the cell phone synced with the FLEX that would extend the possibilities of use for my FLEX.
m_j_h
Jogger
One step further - integration with calendar notifications in a similar manner to phone call notifications. I have a fitbit charge.
Poagie
Jogger

Yes. This would be amazing for the Charge as well. Alarms are only as effective as you remembering what it is for.

djurden
Hill Runner

I would like to see two features added to the silent alarms for the Surge.

1. Ability to give the alarm a title.
  2. Ability to specify a date for the alarm.

Although both of these would be not needed if we could get calendar alerts on the Surge.

leobauza
First Steps

This would be an awesome feature.

Roneckjr
Walker
I think this would be a great add across all devices and should definitely be done!
Urbanmom99
Keeping Pace

I would also like to see it for the One.

Gznuk
First Steps

Agreed. Definitely should be possible and done for the Fitbit Charge and ChargeHR.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Another expaned alarm option - a Reminder.  Works like an existing alarm, but this is for when awake. It would consist of a few nudges at 100% power, then quit. No snoozing necessary.

We have smart phones to remind us if specific things and flood us with details. This would be a reminder for something that you know is coming, so no details necessary. Just a replacement of a tap on your shoulder - "It's time". No snoozing so reaching to the tracker to silence the alarm is also not necessary.

mpvincent
First Steps

Hi there,

Would be great if you could assign names to alarms given you can setup multiple alarms on the device.

You could even display the same of the alarm on the device when it goes off.

Thanks

Mike.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.