New Birth Control Selection Option - “does not engage in sex with men.”

I’d like to suggest an alternative option under the female health settings on the Fitbit app, specially under the birth control method. There are many options, sure, but my particular method of birth control (and I’m sure is that of many other users) is to not have sex with men. That’s not technically “abstinence” as I’m a female married to a woman and am therefore sexually active. I would definitely have appreciated seeing a more inclusive lesbian-friendly option under this section. “None” or “prefer not to say” is all I had to work with and that made it hard for me to feel like an included part of a wonderful community. 

Thanks for considering this suggestion, if you do! Happy Pride Month! 

2 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing @Brittwelch22. We look forward to hearing what other community members think. 

Miriam85
Recovery Runner

THAT IS A VERY GOOD SUGGESTION! 

I do engage in sex with men, but am currently not in a relationship so therefore use masturbation, which is also sorely lacking. 

And as someone who has several friends and family in the LGBTQ community.... I SUPPORT YOU, AND YOUR RIGHTS (to paaaaaaartay! 😁)

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.