Fitbit Journal - Notes on online and app dashboard

How about a space in the app for a daily note. I would like to be able to leave a note on the daily results page. So that if results are high or low I would know why when looking back. IE: was I sick so my daily results were very low or were they extra good and for what reason? In sure folks would have lots of reasons to look back at results and would want to know what was what at that time. Ted

Moderator Edit: Title & Labels

726 Comments
CNSL
Jogger

At least several hundred users have asked for an additional Notes feature
in the app and online.

Please provide one! Jawbone has done this for years!
--
Thank you,

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

moseylou
Jogger

I'm with CNSL Jogger - I'm flabbergasted that (a) you used to have a "diary" feature, showing that you have the capability to have it, and (b) you are ignoring this huge thread that has 23 pages and 883 votes.  Come on Fitbit - don't make me go to a competitor.  

Scott-GTT
First Steps

Entering the notes with voice recognition, in addition to text, would make it tremendously easier for those of us that do not text much.

KrisSparkles
Jogger

I agree and need to be able to make notes in the Sleep log

vivianleemit
Recovery Runner

Just stopping by for my yearly request to add the journal/notes feature back into Fitbit 😉

Please. Your users clearly want it. You used to have it. I can't see a reason why not.

Hylux
Jogger

There needs a place on Fitbit Zip to add notes.

Tinker1454
First Steps

It would be helpful to have a daily journal or memo section available to add to the dashboard so that a user could add notes as they progress.  It could be any kind of information a person wanted to remember such as sickness, the type of new activity added, etc.

It'd be nice to be able to save a brief note to each day.  Looking over the other suggestions here I see that that would solve many of those issues.  I was told that it used to be a feature. Not sure which person decided to remove it, but it should have remained. I primarily use my Fitbit as a sleep tracker, and being able to take notes about that would be a HUGE advantage. 

monkeybrain
First Steps

Sleep Journal/Exercise Journal will be useful.

I'm really surprised that it isn't a feature. There seems to be SO many people wanting to add this, and log that, and leave a little note to their day. To have to flip back and forth between apps is tedious and a pain.

Runjen77
First Steps

On the app I would love to be able to add a note into the detailed excerciss log. For example if I did a specific workout “P90X abs” or how I felt that day “great day/felt great” “rough workout-tired”.  Just so when you look back and compare your workouts you can have a better understanding and better compare progress when you’ve repeated a workout. 

Eepalmer89
First Steps

I am looking at buying a tracker for my Mood and emotions to also help be more aware of my body and keep my emotions under control. I see that the journal used to be a part of the app and I cannot imagine why in the world you would remove such a lovely feature. And since adding the heart rate part and are able to track sleep levels I would think tracking emotions, temperature and breathing wouldn’t be that hard. It certainly would be useful medically speaking to know when and if your temperature starts to increase. Please consider!!

wyer223
Jogger

Take the dashboard to next level , I hiked trolltunga. Would have been nice to make some notes along side my steps/mikes/calories burned, and maybe some pics and share that with fellow hiking enthusiast . Either make a light journal feature or make connectivity to an outside journal app possible. 

Not only do O share my adventures , but also the fact that I use fitbit to record my adventure!

rkanes
Stepping Up

Definitely would be wonderful to have a Notes feature available. I would also recommend that along with the ability to enter free text, you'd want to have a simple star-rating available for three areas: Energy/Clarity/Comfort. Just a quick way to select a rating for each of those key aspects (physical stamina, mental acuity, overall discomfort level), without having to write anything (unless you want to). Reason being that it would be very useful and provide interesting anecdotal insights over time, seeing how your self-assessments correlate to your activity level, sleep, weight, etc.

crnawolfman
First Steps
unfortunately this talk is just among fitbit users as this recommendation has not been applied...
Shoestring45
Walker

I do not know they will not implement this?!?!?  With all the other complex things they have put in, this is an easy thing to add, in comparison. 

Shoestring45
Walker
I do not know why they will not do this!? It is not a complex request.

Ted

Sent from Ted's iPad
JJvZ
Recovery Runner
Again, lots of us would like to add a note to our daily activity log. Seems like a no brainer to have this option. When I first asked about it, you said you needed lots of requests to add it. Seems to me you’ve heard from enough of us.

Sent from my iPhone
Chatwithmina
First Steps

I’d also like notes

vivianleemit
Recovery Runner

@rkanes: In the past, the journal did have a similar option. I don't remember exactly what it was (it's been a few years!) But there was an option to track your energy, mood, and allergies I believe. It was a simple dropdown menu for you to select the intensity. It shouldn't be difficult to implement at all. I have no idea why Fitbit refuses to add a feature that over 900 users have requested...

heat.hawk
First Steps

I would like the ability to add notes to each daily workout. (Charge 2)

It's something I'd really like to see. So important to track your history, injuries, etc, etc, etc.

Celesoran
First Steps

YES I ALSO WANT THIS!! I would like to be able to add a record/personal note of what i did for my work out that day. I don't want to have to use a second app just to keep a record/log and it would be nice to keep everything all in just one place. I personally like to see how fast i can run a mile and i like keeping track of the times and being able to add that note in my workout for that day would be awesome.

Remetep
First Steps

I'd also like a notes feature for the activity log on the FitBit.com web site. My wife and I hike regularly, and I'd like to be able to add a note regarding where the hike took place. The word "Hike" just isn't specific enough. Smiley Wink 

Alternatively, being able to create short custom tags for activities would be close enough for my purposes.

Andielyn
Strider

Would anyone else like to be able to add a note on your dashboard? This would be so helpful to me! For example, it would be great to note "Fitbit battery died" when I forget to charge it, or "Sick", "On vacation" etc. This should be an exported field as well. This would be incredibly useful for anyone with a chronic medical condition. Thank you! ~Andielyn

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.