Smart alarm (only goes off if fitbit is being worn)

I have an alarm to wake me up in the morning. But if I wake up before the alarm goes off and take off the fitbit to take a shower, the alarm goes off several times when I am not wearing it. Could you add a feature to detect the band id not being worn (because the heart rate tracking goes flat, and it stops moving) and then silence the alarm? It should help the devices battery last longer and be less anoying when it goes off and I am not wearing it. Thanks

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

9 Comments
gssunil
Jogger

Fitbit is intelligent enough to know if we are awake or asleep.

So, incase we are fully awake, the silent alarm should not go off.

There could be two types of alarms. One called Wakeup alarms that will only go off when asleep.

The other, reminder type of alarms can go off irrespective of if we are asleep or awake.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

99oneguy
First Steps
I want to make the fitbit one have an option to turn airplane mode on and off
gssunil
Jogger

I dont have a Fitbit One and have no comment. But my suggestion can be implemented in any device.

@gssunil wrote:

Fitbit is intelligent enough to know if we are awake or asleep.

So, incase we are fully awake, the silent alarm should not go off.

There could be two types of alarms. One called Wakeup alarms that will only go off when asleep.

The other, reminder type of alarms can go off irrespective of if we are asleep or awake.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
RickyFitbit
Cross-Country Runner

Ahh! I see. A section to add reminders and a section to set up alarms to wake you up in the morning. Good thinking. Thanks for the suggestion. 

gssunil
Jogger

You are welcome.

bokayak
Recovery Runner
I have a charge HR, a surge, and a flex. It would be nice to have this feature instead of having to turn on (and off) vibration alarms when it is not in use. Thank you!
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
TarinFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

I totally love the idea to silence the alarm when I am not wearing my Fitbit tracker, this could help everybody to save battery, as you said! 

N99
First Steps

Please partner with Nike+, it's one of the most used fitness apps. Really much appreciated! 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.