Provide option to turn off the new "Sleep Stages"

I know the "sleep stages" update is new and not available to everyone yet, but as a Charge 2 user I wish I had the option to revert back to the old way it recorded my sleeping! The new sleep stages feature is way more sensitive than the old way of recording sleep, and it makes me feel like I got no sleep when I'm actually just a restless sleeper. I appreciate that it records when I wake up or am restless - but I don't want to know exactly how long I was in "light, deep, or REM" sleep and would love for a way to turn this off and back to the simple "awake - asleep - restless" options that it previously used. 

54 Comments
jpur
First Steps

Please change the sleep log back. This log only tells you if you were in bed for 8 hrs. or less. I want to know how much of my time was restless or not asleep. This form of the log is worthless as far as I am concerned. Fitbit one.

jadestar
Premium User
First Steps

Well, it just changed again.  Do they not have designers?  Why does it look so ugly?  I like that it shows light/deep sleep times but it's so UGLY.  Good lord, don't let a programmer create a graphic element!  Or give us options so that we can choose what we use.

lizvocal
Strider

I have news for all of us.  They moved the services we used to get for free -- the sleep efficiency percentage, and the time stamped sleep graph -- to the Premium service.  I **ahem**ed about it and they offered me 6 months for free.  So, that's where your data went.

Remember, sometimes even if you pay for the product, you are still the product being sold.

Munchkin3000
First Steps

It would be fab if you can turn the sleep stages off. Lots of people having trouble with it. Mine is saying I'm awake longer than I am when before it would be classed as restless so recording much less sleep. I've heard others say it's recording too much. Be good to have the choice between this view and the original based on preference. 

Katelynh
First Steps

I don't like the new sleep stages feature on my Blaze. It shows me as awake for many times I am not, and I don't feel this is as accurate as the older method of sleep tracking which I prefer. I would love an option to switch between the two so I can decide which I prefer. 

Dcecigonzalez
First Steps

I agree, I would like the option to disable sleep stages. I feel it is less accurate than the old sleep measures and my fitbit shows me awake at times I know I am asleep. 

DDLyon
Recovery Runner

So I am guessing no one at fitbit cares that my Charge HR is falling apart?  I must admit I am upset that your customer service does nit appear to be as stroge as it was...

I didn't mention this before but in March i got very ill. I spiked a 104 fever... I had to take the FitBit off because it felt like my arm was being  burnt. not sure if you have rub into that before... 

Priscilla

Olivia.fit
First Steps

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a way I can go back to the old sleep tracking ? I much prefer it and have many other Fitbit friends wondering the same thing.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Here is the rational for givong sleep stages. The Fitbit users want it.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Better-sleep-analysis/idi-p/1091102

Meee-shell
First Steps

I agree!

Qattusa
Stepping Up

I also agree. My Charge 2 records I've been asleep 60-90 minutes longer with sleep stages than it does on the old sleep/restless tracking. It's also using both types of tracking during each week which means I'm not getting an accurate weekly average (known issue, this post explains why it happens: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-2/Charge-2-Sleep-Stages/td-p/1907433). Sleep stages tracking is not accurate for me. I wake up a lot during the night and sometimes if I've been awake for a while tap my Charge 2 or press its button to view the time. For the majority of these time checks the sleep stage tracking says I was sleeping at that time! So I'd like to have the option to disable the sleep stage tracking, I just don't trust it.

CameraSue
Recovery Runner

I miss the old sleep analyzer breakdown.  I also miss the old fashioned sleep display on the dashboard.  I really am NOT a fan of emulating the windows app in place of what already existed and worked well.  It displayed each night sleep relative to the actual time.  I found it interesting that I could see trends in my sleep by comparing each night.  Example is that I could see that I stirred briefly every night about 2am regardless of when I went to bed.

tilly13
Jogger

Agreed, I find myself over obsessing about the stages and how often it shows I am awake. I liked the other way much more. I had to stop wearing mine to bed. My niece returned her fitbit after only a couple of days because it stressed her out and made her feel like she was not sleeping. 

JustinLosurdo
Recovery Runner

a few a few years ago when I owned a Fitbit surge, the Sleep graphs or easier to understand. For people who don't like the new sleep stages graph, there should be an option to use the classic Fitbit sleep graphs.

Playlifeoutloud
First Steps

I dislike the sleep stages as well! Fingers are crossed they will give us the option to chose between the old tracker and the new!!

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@Olivia.fit are you asking a question, or making a duplicate suggestion of this.

Olivia.fit
First Steps

I am asking a question.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

That's what i thought, you have posted in the area set aside to post your ideas to thr developers.  Take a look at this thread for a workaround.

I gave you the link above for voting on this suggestion. 

K764537
Jogger

Since the last update on my Fitbit Alta HR my sleep tracking is stressing me out. Before my Fitbit dashboard was not so complex and I felt that I had enough rest. The new latest and greatest has me feeling like I do not get enough rest. I am wondering if there is a way to revert back to the old version? 

K764537

bcpurshe
Jogger

I couldn't agree more. I'm really disappointed in the new sleep stages. Even when I get a good nights sleep it will say I was up for 1.5 hours, Way too sensitive. 

Scuber2
Jogger

I agree with the other comments here. A recent update changed the sleep chart type for the current day's recorded sleep only to something that is completely useless. While the recorded sleep for previous days still displays the "wave" chart type that I find most helpful.  Please make the sleep chart type a user-selectable option so that we can pick the one that we want to see!!! And hopefully periodic software updates will not be able to change it!!!

Paulag73
Jogger

I hate the sleep analysis. I wish you left it the way it was normal or sensitive. Please give an option to switch it back. I sleep a lot better than it tells me and seeing the low numbers just makes me more tired. 

Deew26
First Steps

Is it possible to make sleep stages optional ? I really do not like this new feature as I do not feel it is accurate and  strangely I feel like I’m running on empty when I notice ive had less than average deep sleep etc. I really liked it before I got the charge2.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. In terms of an update, there aren't currently any plans to release this feature. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

captschaffer
Jogger

I agree with the above comments on the new Sleep Stages with the Blaze not being accurate.

I wish we had a way to communicate with the software developers that they should include "basic" sleep stages or "advanced" stages in the next update. Give the customer/user the choice to select basic or advanced metrics.

Just for full disclosure, I'm a Partner at a software development firm, so I know this would be an easy software fix for the development team.

Thanks.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.