Set Custom Run Distance Goal

I like the feature where you can set a goal for your run distance, but I wish I could set a custom distance. I'm training for a half marathon and often I want to run odd distances like 6.5km or 13km and so on.

17 Comments
Nicoleeee
First Steps

Yes, please! This is crucial since we can't use other running apps as the apple watch can. I don't care about steps or calories but want to make sure I hit my daily running goal of one mile/day. I would also like to have a motivator on the watch to run faster and beat my previous mile times as well as a motivator for long distance that encourages me to run farther when I'm distance trailing. Thanks! ]

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @magusaNice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think about setting a custom distance goal.

kdneal
First Steps

I agree with Nicole 100% here. Fitbit may be a better watch, the the Nike Run Club app is stellar when it comes to setting and meeting goals, as well as keeping up with fastest mile, 5k, etc. I’d love to have a dashboard with that info rather than having to scroll my activity log until I find it myself. But even then, idk what my splits were on a given run until I click it. I honestly don’t know when my fastest mile ever was, but if the app tracked it for me 🙌🙌

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

It's so annoying that I cannot set a costum goal.... Why can't I set 4,6,7,8,9 km goals???? Please add this

MichelleH1414
First Steps

A custom goal setting feature would be really useful for me because I am working up to a fastest time for a 5km run and I am working up to it by by half km so 1,1.5,2,2.5 etc. And right now it is difficult to track when I hit those distances without staring at my watch the entire time.

SindeeM
Recovery Runner

I would also like the option of adding custom distances to the run option. I am currently doing alot of virtual races due to the pandemic and some of the distances for the races are not an option. It would be nice to be able to add other distances.

nichorsin598
Stepping Up

Please! I hate how, ar least for my Ionic, the set distance goals go from 3.0mi to 5k (3.1mi) to 5mi why cant i set my goal to 3.5mi or 4mi. Change the screen to have 3 scrolls (which there are right now), the first for numbers 1 to X and another for 0 to .5 mile breakdowns and the last for km or mi. The specifics i dont exactly know but user flexibilty would help me more. Ive gotten to the point 3.0 is pretty doable for me now and id like to increase the goal but not quite to 5mi yet. Thanks 

jeremysw
First Steps

Hard agree with this. I'm right between 5 and 10km for my regular runs and hate that I cannot set a 7.5km goal.

Gabbard92
Jogger
With Covid there are many virtual 5Ks and 10Ks. However, there are no features on FitBit to track a 5K other than manually starting and stopping. I would love to have an option that I start a run manually, but it auto stops tracking at my goal distance such as a 5K, 10K, or a custom distance of my choice. I see runtastic app has this feature.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Gabbard92, thanks for explaining why you would like to have goal distance in your Fitbit smartwatch. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Status changed to: Released
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on Blaze, Charge 3, Charge 4, Inspire HR, Inspire 2, Ionic, Versa, Versa Lite Edition, Versa 2, Sense and Versa 3. You can find more details here: How do I start and stop a workout on my Fitbit device?

You might be also interested in this other suggestion: Customizable distance goal when using Exercise app

@magusa, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit.

We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

Gabbard92
Jogger

Ok.  I am having trouble finding this new feature.  I clicked the link above and it is just a link to the existing goals of steps, sleep, water, etc.  Nothing on setting runs to auto track for custom distances

NM, found it

Gailmcphail
Jogger

Yes! You should be able to set goal in 1km or even 0.5km increments - I am

not going to jump for a 5km to a 10km - I need to build up gradually and would like to be able to set a realistic distance goal and not have to check watch all the time to see how far I have gone. 
come on Fitbit this has got to be an easy one to set up!

ressof
Jogger

I also would like to be able to set a goal in 1km incerments.

sian2193
First Steps

C’mon Fitbit, why hasn’t this been sorted in nearly 2 YEARS?! 5k - 10K is a massive jump and one I’m not ready for, so having the option of custom goals should be a basic feature!!!

NH234
First Steps

@YojanaFitbit on 10-18-2020 you stated that the option to set a custom distance goal for running has now been released, but that is incorrect.  Through the link you provided in that post, I did find the option to set a custom distance goal PER DAY, but I - like many others following this post - need to set a custom distance goal for my runs, 5K is too short, but the next option 10K is too long. Setting the distance goal per day does not help at all, as al the steps I take outside of my runs are being included in this distance.

Can it please be updated so we can set custom distance goals increasing 1km at the time, of even 0.5 km at the time? 

Or, if the mistake is mine and I have not been looking in the right places, please provide detailed instructions how/where (app? device?) I can set a custom distance goal for my runs of say, 7K? I am using Charge 4. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@NH234 Thank you for your feedback. You can vote for this other suggestion: Distance Goal on Fitbit device (adjust each unit to create their personal distance)

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.