Fitbit Versa Fixable Screen

Currently the fitbit Versa screen is not made to where it can be removed or fixed if it gets cracked . Making these screens and any future screens fixable would improve the product, customer overall satisfaction and reduce electronic waste.

Moderator Edition: Updated title for clarity

11 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us @blessedmama3! I hope it will get many votes. Robot Happy

heth.7
First Steps

I completely agree. I cracked my versa screen. Totally happy to buy a replacement screen. But i was only offered 25% off a new watch. I find that a little kick in the guts from fitbit, and such a waste. There's nothing wrong with the actual watch, just the screen. I even got the extended warranty, what a waste of money. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I am very disappointed at the fact that due to a faulty band, my Versa fell off and now has a cracked screen. I can understand it falling off while doing something that maybe has my wrist being messed with but I was WALKING! There isn't even a screen replacement part so now I have to spend over $100 more dollars after having my Versa for less than a year. This is just poor support on behalf of the FitBit company. The only option I have is to buy another for 25% off. My suggestion is to either have better support for when the bands are faulty and cause the device to break or have replacement parts available. This experience my be my last dealing with FitBit after close to 10 years of being a customer.

JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SunsetRunner ! Thank you for your feedback and suggestion.  I moved your post to this similar thread, so it gets the needed attention. Let's see what other users think about this. 

freecoffeeday
Recovery Runner

A repairable screen would be amazing!! I'm surprised they aren't repairable. 

My less than 2 month old Versa, slipped out of my hand when I was cleaning it after a work out and cracked the screen. It fell less than 2 feet. It's un-usable now. hey could only offer me 25% off which doesn't seem like a reasonable way to stand behind their product. 

When you purchase it, the Fitbit.com store did not recommend an extended warranty - this is only available in the US - I am not. They don't recommend a screen protector at purchase. They are aware this is not the first time it happened yet they didn't take any steps to inform customers that their "gorilla glass" isn't actually that strong - seems like false marketing to me. I'm gutted and near tears over the loss of a stupid watch. I guess I shoulda listened to the sales guy at Best Buy and bought an Apple watch. 

All the "supervisor" could do is say I understand, I'll forward your suggestions onto the team. Not very helpful.  So Fitbit Team - let's care for your customers and inform them the screens aren't that strong and maybe, if you aren't willing to make the screen repairable, you should sell a branded or suggested screen protector for each model that has a higher rate of damage to the screen. Or even have the extended warranty available in countries other than the US. 

TheDancingCurve
First Steps

My Fitbit crystal developed a small crack that eventually crossed the entire face of the crystal. Consider having a replaceable crystal to avoid having to purchase a new Fitbit.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @TheDancingCurve! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing. I've moved it into a similar request. Hopefully we will have support from other users since more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains.

sarahfit26
Jogger

Did this ever get moved into being available? I have just dropped my watch and the screen has smashed. I surely do t have to replace the whole watch do I?? 
this is a much needed service!!!

griff76
First Steps

Don't get me started, my daughter has had her versa 3 for 3 months and the screen is cracked. I understand it is not covered under warranty, but there is nowhere to get it fixed, there are no spare parts available. Fitbit need to advise on purchasing that they do nothing to support the repair of these expensive items so unless it is a manufacturers fault it's tough luck. They should also provide or make available a screen protector with purchase.

Amina23
First Steps

I bought a fitbit versa 3 Jan this year at the Thomastown JB HI FI. This morning I saw that the screen is cracked.

I had been talked into paying for extended warranty. Took the watch to the store, but was informed that the cracked screen is not covered by either the manufacurer's warranty or the extended warranty that I paid for. They were even trying to talk me into buying a new fitbit. Why would I do that? Very very disappointed.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this Product Feedback! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.