Synchronize my Fitbit alarms with phone alarms

It would be a big plus if any phone alarm could trigger a watch alarm and be silenced through the watch.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity and labels

43 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @NicolasW! Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think about synchronizing phone alarms with the Versa.

Valdiviaha
First Steps

I do support this request, I believe its nice to have your alarms synchronized on phone and versa!

Heathers007
First Steps

How do I access the watch faces on my computer?  when I pull I open the app on my phone no problem.  when I open the app on my computer it only gives me the dashboard but no way to get to watch faces.  My computer has a larger screen which would make browsing watch faces easier.

Heathers007
First Steps

I also like the idea of synchronized alarms between the phone and versa.

Neo70
Keeping Pace

I use my fitbit for my morning alarm but sometimes I miss the alarm when the fitbit screen touches my body and deactives the alarm accidentally. In that case I have my phone as backup setup a few minutes later. Cancel also the phone alarm through the fitbit would than not be a great idea.

An extra option to not wake the fitbit screen on alarm would be a great solution. In that case I support this feature.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Calebsoaring
First Steps

I like my alarms, I keep them up to date with my schedule, but it really is frustrating having to have to set two separate alarms for the same time on both my Versa & phone. Especially when stopping one won't stop the other. I would like to be able to at least control the alarms that are on my phone from my Versa (at least with snooze and dismiss functionality). Sort of how you're able to hang up or pick up phone calls natively via the Versa (but can't necessarily answer them).

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Calebsoaring, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on your Fitbit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. This is not currently planned at this moment. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I'd like for my Inspire HR to 'notify' when the alarm is ringing on my phone, please! I know we can create alarms ON the Inspire, but I really don't want to have to recreate them all.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to join both alarms. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. This is not currently planned at this moment. You can keep adding your votes to this suggestion so we can keep tracking this request overtime. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

Matthew79
Stepping Up

My previous watch had the ability to vibrate when a phone alarm went off & had ability to snooze or dismiss/turn off alarm from my watch. This was my favorite feature that would allow me to still leave my phone on a charger, & if I was in another room, still be able to turn it off without having to come all the way back to my phone. Also, having 1 device to set up alarms is more convenient than having to do it on more than 1 and having to make changes every now and then to both of them, or forgetting to change them on 1 or the other.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Matthew79, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on the Fitbit alarms. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Walk2Treat
Jogger

I really wish the Fitbit versa would sync or notify alarms from my smartphone. I wanted to avoid the hassle of setting alarms on different devices -- I could have done that with my old trusty timex. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Walk2Treat, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

StuartMaher
First Steps

Hi all, 

Moved to a versa from a Samsung s3. I knew I'd lose some smart features  but was happy as I wanted the extra fitness stuff. One thing I am amazed doesn't happen is phone alarms being notified on my watch!  At a minimum it should show the alarm, but in teality, it should allow me dismiss/snooze.

Literally the only thing I miss!

Stu

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @StuartMaher, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option with Fitbit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

It would be much easier for me to be able to control my alarms via the FitBit App as opposed to only on the watch. It could be placed under the sleep tracking section.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @spencerskinner, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option with Fitbit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

ROTJ11
First Steps
Have an alarm feature on the phone that goes off at the same time as the alarm on Versa2.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ROTJ11, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to synchronize your Fitbit alarms with phone alarms. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Itguy2009
First Steps
I just moved to the Versa 3 from the Samsung Gear Fit Pro. On that watch I could silence my phone's alarm on the watch. That ability does not seem to exist.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Itguy2009. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to silence your phone alarms on your Fitbit device. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Ive got a Samsung galaxy s10 plus.

And a new sense.

When my alarm on the Phone goes off on the Phone, nothing is happening on my watch. Ive marked it in the notificationsettings in the sense app, that it should receive notifications from the standard watch on my samsung galaxy s10.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see sync Fitbit alarms with phone alarms. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

StuartMaher
First Steps
Hi,

Before describing my suggestion, I just want to underline this is NOT synchronising phone/watch alarms. I have no interest in alarms on my watch as I use the alarms on my phone. What I want to be able to do is control the alarm on my phone when it goes off by dismissing or snoozing it without getting my phone out, a comon smart watch feature.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.