Allow Customers to choose between Dashboards

In the latest update of the Fitbit app, the Dashboard that customers interact with daily underwent a huge visual downgrade. It is far less appealing to look at, and harder to quickly see where you are with your daily goals. Please allow Customers to choose their dashboard, similar to how customers can choose their fitbits clock faces. It makes sense to at least allow a choice between the new version and the old version of the dashboard. PLEASE consider this. 

To Vote for a choice between the new and old dashboard, go to "Feature Suggestions" - then "Allow customers to choose between dashboards" should be near the top of the list.
379 Comments
KarolGR
Jogger
I agree. I’ve gotten used to it but it’s more work, not reinforcing to look at, and not pretty.

Sent from my iPhone
Chubasco
Base Runner

I chose “No” when prompted to switch to the new app interface, and was able to happily continue using the old one for a while.  Then one day the app randomly, without notice or prompting, switched to this new version.  I am very unsatisfied with this new app design (iOS) and strongly recommend that FitBit allow users the option to roll back to the previous version.   The layout and look of this new design are bad enough, but the experience is made even worse by the advertising / tips / info blurbs that randomly appear at the top of the screen and make it feel like I am being spammed in a product that I paid nearly $200 dollars for.

Added a 2 star app review on AppStore.   Will gladly change to 4 or 5 star once this issue is addressed along with making it easier to configure silent alarm settings.

greychick
First Steps

Have had almost two weeks since my first posting regarding "new look" on Fitbit Ionic and by "new" I mean a retrograde delusional look. This look is not motivating, as a matter of act it has the opposite effect on me - I really do not want to check it out.  Also checked and Apple has not been selling Fitbit (stuff) for a while so why post anything on Apple as many of the replies have suggested. If you suggest that comments be posted on Fitbit website please include link.  Fitbit itself has not responded to any comments posted and the "steps" colours look just like exploding excrement splashing on the windshield - does anyone think Fitbit will take notice of comments.  And, I was never given an opportunity to choose old style versus the crappy new look; taken totally by surprise by the number of users who kept on saying they had a choice?  Used to show all kinds of people my Fitbit Ionic but now - no way in Hades will I show anyone or even suggest they purchase Fitbit.  When I scroll down on my Iphone app, it keeps bouncing back to the top before I can read the darned thing and I definitely have to put on my glasses to read the teeny tiny print and distinguish the fine spacing between those darned little lines; the circles were so, so much clearer.  Sleep score means nothing, only the actual figures themselves are important so why waste screen space?  And why in the heck do I care what the average person my age range is for the different levels of sleep - each person is an individual and once you have developed your sleeping patterns you will know what is best for you personally.  Looking for another alternate sports and health monitoring source/watch and hey, Fitbit, you have tons of competition, lots of choices, prices and options and you seem to be chasing your clients away - should we be counting the steps?  I will continue to use until my Ionic dies (spent money and cannot be returned) and it will definitely not be replaced with a Fitbit of any kind.  Not a happy customer/user!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I've givin it a week and it's impossible to trust what you see. syncing is so slow challenges are unfriendly as you can get. The whole thing is...

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Not impressed with the new dashboard. Equally unimpressed with the FitBit response that returning to the old dash is not an option. If such a strong statement to not go back, perhaps they should have offered some beta testing or other user feedback prior to such an awful "upgrade". I tried numerous times to leave feedback on other threads on the topic, but I continued to receive error messages on those page submissions. My Charge2 is nearing its end and I will most definitely be looking to other devices. 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Yes @greychick. Apple stopped selling Fitbits shortly after the release of their Apple Watch. For some reason Apple feels Fitbit is competition and have decided not to sell products made by the competition. 

@SunsetRunner there have been many positive reports on Ver 3.5 fixing sync issues. 

@SunsetRunner this is nothing new for Fitbit. With the last three UI updates there was no switching back, no matter how much people said how horrible the new one is. I'm wondering if the last dashboard was so horrible, why do the few want to go back to it. 

I was one of the first to update, receiving it 2 weeks before offered from the general public. As I expected I'm finding good improvements being added weekly. 

Lakelander
Jogger
I’ve had my Alta HR for 2 1/2 years and have enjoyed using it to help me reach my fitness goals. The dashboard didn’t changed during that time. The upgraded dashboard is a bust, whomever approved this change must not use it themselves.

Sent from my iPad
ready_rover
First Steps

The old app gave me visual indicators, showing progress on key goals including steps, active minutes, calories, etc. The new app shows the numbers, but the outer circle is solid, not showing progress as it apparently is supposed to do. Users who have older iPhones should be able to opt for earlier Fitbit versions that actually work on their phones. Bad form to "upgrade'' the app and give people defective software.

DieFatDie
First Steps

@ Fitbit Development Team - Please get proper User feedback before pushing such radical changes. A lot of your Users are here mostly because of the Software Usability and the Community... and it's clear that this Community is not 'feelin' your new changes. It would be nice to have a choice on the interface - it's just a data presentation layer right?

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ready_rover and @DieFatDieThanks for taking the time to explain why you would like to have the old dashboard in the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request overtime. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

AppleApple
Stepping Up

I've been using my Alta HR for a little over two years.  The recent dashboard upgrade - particularly the "sleep scoring" is completely useless and beyond annoying.  I'm also getting very tired of the little intrusive "tip" messages with no way to disable them for those of us who simply don't care. I don't want fitbit's grading of my sleep.  I simply want my numbers provided by the Alta and I'll evaluate my own life, thank you.  

Seriously looking at one of the Garmins for when this Alta expires.  At least unless the dashboard is changed back to something akin to what it was before. 

DALwpg
Base Runner

I am totally disappointed with the new dashboard. I am even more disappointed with the resistance of Fitbit to accommodate the valid requests of their customers. If you wont change back give us a choice. The new dashboard was downloaded automatically. I would never choose that version. I does not work for me. Please listen to us.  

Heidiheinz57
Jogger

I have been a loyal fitbit user for over 10 years and have bought fitbits for my entire family; however, I am now planning on leaving fitbit because of the new dashboard. Every time I look at it I get frustrated - it has none of the information that is actually useful, cumbersome to use, and downright UNHELPFUL. I am truly disappointed in the change and hope you bring it back so I can continue to use my fitbit. Until then, I will be planning my change, and that of my family, to a competitor product that has a better user interface.

Heidi Heinz

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @DALwpg, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. This is not currently planned at this moment. You can keep adding your votes to this suggestion so we can keep tracking this request overtime. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Heidiheinz57, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on the Fitbit app again. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. This is not currently planned at this moment. You can keep adding your votes to this suggestion so we can keep tracking this request overtime. You can also check this other suggestion: Bring Back the Old Dashboard! Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

WebmistressMing
Recovery Runner

Long-term user here, and it's clear:  the new dashboard is a disaster.

But Fitbit wants to shift business model to sell subscriptions, not hardware:  Fitbit shifts business plans

Good luck with that.  "Sleep Score" has destroyed the device's usefulness to me, after literal years of being a Fitbit booster.  Investigating Apple Watch alternatives now.

E30chick
Recovery Runner

Very sad to read this because I will never buy a Fitbit subscription for anything like this complete waste of time when the app does enough for me.

madTC
First Steps

I was told to write my objection to the new App on here. I agree with everything that has already been mentioned in previous threads, please give us the option to go back to the old App. I didn’t ask for it to be changed, there was nothing wrong with it, I hate the new one and will now not be buying my son a Fitbit or recommending Fitbit to anyone. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @madTC, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. This is not currently planned at this moment. You can keep adding your votes to this suggestion so we can keep tracking this request overtime. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

DLGuig
First Steps

A premium app that does the stuff they mention in the article:

Fitbit Premium will launch in September and costs $9.99 per month or $79.99 per year. Fitbit is also working on a paid service that lets users chat with a certified health and wellness coach to tackle goals such as weight loss or managing diabetes. The coaching service will launch in 2020.

sounds fine for those who would find value in those extra functions and I wish Fitbit luck with those sales.

Just please give the rest of us who don't care about the new functions and don't plan to subscribe to Fitbit Premium or future coaching services the previous well-received version of the app back!

Fcasmiro
First Steps

I got tired of being ignored as a die hard, long time customer - switched to samsung and it's been great. Very unfortunate. Hope everyone gets a chance to submit their reviews in the play/apple store. I don't know if it will make a difference but it's really the only avenue that will effect them. I just don't understand how Fitbit can ignore an entire community of supporters. We are the reason why they are so popular, we should not be ignored and it's very sad that we are. 

DALwpg
Base Runner

This new look is terrible and inconvenient. No appeal - looks like an amateur designed it not a firm like Fitbit. Someone in charge should take control of this file ... the trending conclusion is your customers and users do not like it. Please respond or the only conclusion is you dont care about us. 

sar1967
Recovery Runner

Well now we know why they changed it to make it so horrible. 

To try & force our hands to buy the premium features that we should get for free after spending money with them already buying their product. 

Thats it now Fitbit - going elsewhere 

Gymmwf
Jogger
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Fitbit made changes to the Fitbit APP without allowing me to opt into the new App or keep the one I was currently using and loved. I have purchased multiple Fitbits for my family and me, and I am agitated that something as simple as an App will force me to look at other devices now. I am extraordinarily dissatisfied with this decision made by Fitbit. I do not think I'll ever buy another Fitbit product now. This action was a significant blunder as far as I am concerned.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.