Veteran/Military/First Responder Discounts

Many veterans suffer from service connected disabilities.  Unfortunately, the VA does not provide much healthy lifestyle assistance to veterans as they transition out of the military into a life that's almost always much different than the one they left.  It's no secret that Fitbit is a great product but it's often financially out of reach to veterans as their finances are often challenged by issues related to their transition from military to civilian service.  The same applies to those in the most physically demanding public service jobs.  I think it's time for Fitbit to make a change.  Oakley, Nike, Under Armor and many other fitness connected retail companies offer military/first responder discounts.  It's time for Fitbit to assist those who have sacrificed so much.  There's no greater gift a company like Fitbit can give than the gift of health to those who sacrifice in the service of their community and this country.

Moderator Edit: Formatting and updated label

4 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Nickpm, thanks a million for sharing your suggestion. I think this is a an excellent idea and I hope it gets a lot of votes. I encourage you to keep adding your suggestion on the board, so that we can streamline responses and discussion. It might become a popular request, so watch this space for updates. Thanks for your patience and for the time you took to post your idea.

Nickpm
Jogger

Thanks!  I posted the suggestion to another few places in the FB Community.  Hopefully this will help.

Wheels544
First Steps

Military discount would be great as the price is putting  me off an upgrade when garmin are offering 40%

BrandyG
Recovery Runner

There HAD been a program early in 2021, where Fitbits and Premium were offered to VA employees and also Vets, but I only heard about the program AFTER it closed, so had no chance to even try to get in on it. Having even a token 10% would help vets on a fixed income, and be a nice tax write off for Fitbit.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.