Macros in grams in the app

Hey everyone!
I have got a Fitbit Charge 2 and I have already downloaded the app into my iphone. As long as I am tracking the macros, I would appreciate if the app shows me also how many grams of protein, fat and carbs I eat, not only the percentage as it does now. I know I can check it in the dashboard on the internet via my macbook, but I think it would be really useful to make it possible in the app as well. What do you think?

397 Comments
Sileneb
First Steps

I agree! This needs to be added ASAP !!! So key for anyone who cares about personal fitness 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Please remember by adding a second request you are simply diluting the votes making this feature less likely to be implemented. 

Em945
First Steps

I don’t quite understand how voting works but it would be really helpful to have the option to use grams instead of percent for the macros section or even both, something that could be added to the settings under the heath section where you create goals for yourself.

CycloneCorey
First Steps

Grams instead of percentages for the Macro-tracker, please. It should be a very simple change since the app already knows the totals to be able to calculate percentages. Just show the raw numbers. It would be so much better. Plus, it would give you a leg up on the competition as few apps have macros, and very few show in grams that I can find. Make Fitbit #1. Thanks.

SueHank
Recovery Runner

These are all of the Suggestions that have been entered by users to add macro details to the mobile app.  I think someone should be seeing this at FITBIT. 

• macros in grams instead of only percentages in the app (347 votes)
  • View Macros in Grams & Set Macro goals in app (11 votes)
  • Sodium (mg &%) 5 votes
  • Macronutrients- show “should” under “actuals”= (4 votes)
  • Nutrition= (1 vote)
  • Fitbit App(1 vote)
  • Net carbs on Food Log (3 votes)
  • Micronutrients - show "fibre" along with carbs, fat, protein
  • App improvement tracking nutrition
  • Inprovement to App
  • Group food from database to new recipe with information about calories, fat, protein, carbs
  • Macro breakdown for food
  • Micronutrients access
sjmmt
Keeping Pace

Macro grams and percentages in the andriod app would be very helpful.  Other food logging apps provide both.  Not having to use a second food log would be great.  Thanks!

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

rhysenburg
First Steps

I follow macro's as they are ultimately the 'be all and end all' for people to achieve their goal. wether it be weight gain from muscle building and diet or weight loss. its fundamental that we are able to track each macro in grams. although being able to see it in percentage is valuable, its a must that we can track macros in grams via the app> its us that buy and use your products you gotta listen fitbit.

@Chelseam2434 wrote:

Seeing the percentages is great, but I know there's a huge community of keto dieters out there and the best thing is to see grams to track your macros. Being able to see both would be great since I prefer the Fitbit app for every other feature over the other tracking apps I use. 

@Chelseam2434 wrote:

Seeing the percentages is great, but I know there's a huge community of keto dieters out there and the best thing is to see grams to track your macros. Being able to see both would be great since I prefer the Fitbit app for every other feature over the other tracking apps I use. 

rhysenburg
First Steps

I follow macro's as they are ultimately the 'be all and end all' for people to achieve their goal. wether it be weight gain from muscle building and diet or weight loss. its fundamental that we are able to track each macro in grams. although being able to see it in percentage is valuable, its a must that we can track macros in grams via the app> its us that buy and use your products you gotta listen fitbit.

retro71
First Steps

Allow display of total daily macros in grams in addition to daily percentage.

lrobinson26
Jogger

Yes, give us our macros in grams! It is available on the website dashboard but I never visit the website, I only use the app on my iPhone. 

Nettlesjnet
First Steps

Would b very helpful to show gram totals along with % on Macros

polandrena
First Steps

Would like to be able to see how many grams of protein I’m eating, same for grams of fat and carbs. It would be nice to see how many grams of fiber I’m eating as well. 

Margojj
Recovery Runner

I like this idea 🙂 especially total grams of protein - super important for a lot of people!

Hoder
Recovery Runner

You can already do this from the web app, just go to your food log. It would be nice it the phone app showed both as well.

Capture.PNG

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

This is such an obvious thing. If you are logging food it should be  ensure you're getting the right amount of nutrients. 

SKW58
First Steps

Please release an update that shows the grams of macronutrients instead of just percentages!!! It would be such a game changer & would only have to focus on using one app— the Fitbit app! That’s the only thing I dislike about Fitbit!!

JamesRobertson
Stepping Up

Greetings Application Gurus!  I have a feature suggestion on FitBit Apps.  As the web page shows Macronutritions in their actual forms of Grams and Ounces can you make a selectable option on the App to allow users to see Macronutrition in either percentages or grams and ounces?  That would be a great step for those of us tracking that to the Details.  Thanks

Denawalp
First Steps

100xs yes!! It is my only complaint when people ask me if I like my fitbit. 

Anglnthecty1030
First Steps

Hell yes 100 times over 

Mirm
Jogger

Yes, please! It would help so much!!!

fitblit
Recovery Runner

There are other posts requesting the same feature with more votes, search for macros and vote them up!

DagdaLugh49
First Steps

I would love to see Fitbit app update to be able to see the macros and micros in grams. Also, the option to see macros only, micros only, or a combo of the two. Not only that, but to also be able to choose what eating style (ie. Keto, Adkins, any diet plan etc.) you would like and then not only have the calories in the budget but also the amount of grams for each macro and micro that you need to hit as a goal for that day.

JasmineWhite09
First Steps

I second this.  

Sunshinezephyr
First Steps

I'd like to see the macros/micros for each food too, so that I can better assess what foods I need more/less of.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.