support wechat

this is very important for fitbit support the wechat.

This will help fitbit more large to open the China market.

Many of my friends do not use fitbit since its do not support wechat, especially wechat sport.

I think this is not very difficult for some programming team to develop this function.

You can find information here: http://iot.weixin.qq.com/

Hope this help fitbit become better.

Moderator edit: Added Labels

81 Comments
wang2nd
First Steps
Hi,

The largest message and social app Wechat has a feature called Wechat sports that can show the step ranking among your wechat friends, no matter they are using iPhone built-in counter, Some Android phones built-in counter, or a lot of wearable device like Garmin, and otherd wristbands, or even some third party applications like Pace. Unforturnately the Fitbit is not supported.

Wechat has almost 700 millions of active users and used by not only people in China but their friends worldwide since China banned twitter, facebook and etc.

You can image the circle of wechat sports is much larger than the fitbit friends circle. Due to lack support for Wechat Sports, a lot of my friends decide to not buy fitbit although they like fitbit devices themselves most. I got fitbot charge hr and like it. But for next one, fitbit might be out of the consideration.

The fitbit App has more features than this simple wechat sports step counter ranking. It should be winwin if you support it and you will get more fitbit users and we can enjoy step ranking in wechat sports with all the wechat friends and other features and challenges in Fitbit rankings with more and more fitbit friends.

Wechat like Whatsapp connect you to the friends you know in the real world. This means a lot and could be used by fitbit as an advertisement in Asian and Chinese markets.

Here is the link of the wechat user statistic

http://www.statista.com/statistics/255778/number-of-active-wechat-messenger-accounts/

Here is the news about wechat sports.

http://walkthechat.com/start-using-wechat-connected-objects-within-5-minutes-with-just-an-iphone/

Here is the Api and interface defined by wechat so that the third party vendors like fitbit can support wechat sport.

http://iot.weixin.qq.com/
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SilviaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thank you for visiting the Feature Request board Smiley HappyThe more apps Fitbit support, the more you enjoy your Fitbit tracker.

eminentli
First Steps

+1 

Couldn't share the number of steps to Wechat, it makes me feel like I'm isolated from my friends.

DoggyLove
Jogger

I have a alta and is looking at the Charge 2. However, since fitbit isn't supporting Wechat, I might followed what others in wechat is doing, buy a Garmin instead. I personally like the look of a fitbit over Garmin. Unless there is real indication from fitbit this is taken serisouly as a request, I have no option but to proceed with Garmin purchase.

trunx
First Steps
My whole family uses wechat and it would be great to get message notifications from wechat. Looks like you have almost all chat programs except wechat.
--David--
First Steps

Hi, 

I Recently bought a Charge HR, but sadly I found Fitbit doesn't support WeChat Sport, I am a programing developer from China, if you're interest in making the app to support great more number of Chinese users, please feel free to give me a message at liff666(at)163.com

Cheers,

DoggyLove
Jogger
Are these user request taken seriously ? There is no sign Fitbit has even acknowledged this as a request let along commit any resource to it ?
ppbbhk
First Steps

last year i post this msg to suggest add this function.

one year past, and nothing change. 

If fitbit want to open a greater china market, this is very important.

praypray
First Steps
it's very important to us.
Pirostyx
Stepping Up

I also would like wechat notifications added to the list of notifications to the app. Perhaps there is an easy workaround you could release in the next update to allow all notifications from the phones notifications to push to the watch. I'm running the IOS device, and have burned through a Martian Watch that did the job after a long awaited software update, and the Razer Nabu (though the hardware failed at a point). Most of the complaints on the apple store in mainland China (a large area that uses Wechat) is that the app does not support enough notification settings. Sure wish I read that it wouldn't work for the messanger app of the area with around 570 Million active app users that daily use the app.

I really hope more of the notifications can be added in, I work in an environment that I cant just pull out a phone to check things, but a quick glance at a watch is acceptable and I can then excuse myself to take care of urgent business

Feifei
First Steps

I would like to see this developed.

ppbbhk
First Steps

‎11-16-2015 last time i gave them this suggestion, 

one year later, nothing change, and i think this is not a special and difficult function for a software just pass the step information to another software.

Chantellew
First Steps

Im very disspointed that Fitbit and Wechat are not synced. (not only that, syncing to Apple Health is quite challenging too).  I have never thought it would be the case until i bought my Fitbit recently. I might consider to return my wath. 

windvix
First Steps
I strongly need Fitbit to support Wechat and QQ Sports. My friends do sports every day, we always compete who run more steps. I can only use Wechat and QQ self function to count my steps. But it is not accurate. When I see my Fitbit, I know i can beat them. Come on, Support Wechat and QQ!!!!!!!!! I think if it is not support next year, I will not buy Fitbit anymore.
Dreammer
First Steps

Hi, we use wechat alot. Its so inconvenience that there's no notification for wechat message. It's like facebook message or whatsapp. Even Garmin got the wechat notification. Please add this to the next update. It would help us alot! 

HLI
Recovery Runner

Great idea! I know lots of my friends are also using WeChat as their primary messaging tool.

SnoopyChen
Jogger

Great idea

Would be good to support the footstep count as well, wechat already have this function

RedPandaAttack
First Steps

Supporting WeChat Sports would great improve Fitbit's market share in China. Literally everyone with a fitness tracker is using WeChat Sports. Currently Garmin, Misfit, Xiaomi, Huawei and everyone else support it.

MisterDanvers
First Steps

Please enable Wechat notifications. Desperately needed. So disappointed when I got my Charge2 only to find out that your notification ability is limited. Seems like an easy pass through, as Wechat works via standard interface notifications for your competition. Hurry up!!! Thanks

jade13488
Jogger

I strongly need Fitbit to support Wechat. I am using wechat run and it is so much fun. if Alta still can not sync with wechat run, I will never going to buy fitbit band again.

joyyan
First Steps

Please enable Wechat notifications.

ppokyou
Jogger

It seems the guys in Fitbit just don't understand how important it is for Chinese users to integrate with WeChat, no wonder u fitbit can't get a place in China sport band market, just look and learn what Xiaomi band does, man:

@ppbbhk wrote:

this is very important for fitbit support the wechat.

This will help fitbit more large to open the China market.

Many of my friends do not use fitbit since its do not support wechat, especially wechat sport.

I think this is not very difficult for some programming team to develop this function.

You can find information here: http://iot.weixin.qq.com/

Hope this help fitbit become better.

mansad:

kkleavingmsg
First Steps

Yes, definitely should add in wechat to notifications. I was also hoping this was included when I bought it, and then realised it doesn't integrate!!!! Come on fitbit!!!

Snowdd
First Steps

Very disappointing that you don't support wechat. I just bought this device but not going to buy another, nor will I recommend this to any of my friends. 

znatted
First Steps

I was going to buy a Fitbit but when I read that it doesn't sync with wechat sport I decided to try out Garmin Vivosmart 3 instead.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.