Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'd like to see improvements to Female Health Tracking

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If you are pregnant or post-menopausal then the female health tracker is simply not for you, which if Fibit hasn't realized yet is literally every single woman at one point or eventually in her life.  Fitbit has completely forgotten, discounted, ignored an entire group of people (women) when they created their female health tracker and they have yet to rectify it.  Had any one of the creators of the female health tracker ever 1. been a woman 2. had a child 3. used any other female health tracker ever in existence, then the Fitbit female health tracker would not fall so far under par.  Fitbit deserves absolutely no praise for leaving out such a huge portion of female health and then proceeding on proudly touting this as a their amazing "female health tracker."  Your female health tracker is not tracking my female health, Fitbit.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

@AnnaMJohnson Welcome to the Fitbit Community forums! Thanks so much for stopping by to discuss and leave your feedback on Female health tracking. 

We really appreciate your feedback on this topic. We are excited to continue developing this feature, making improvements and are tracking what suggestions users would like implemented in our Feature Suggestions board. If you take a look, under the "Female Health Tracking" label, there are many ideas, some similar to what you would like to see like including a pregnancy option. Please vote so we can make additions according to what receives the most attention from users. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I completely agree with you that the app was likely designed by people who aren't female or people who have never used other tracking apps before. I understand that it's a new function and therefore might not have anything fancy, but it lacks the basics that other apps already have. Was this app never tested by any users prior to launch?? I'm sure if it had been tested and feedback was incorporated, the app would be much different.

Based on the current limitations in the health tracker, I believe I'm in Fitbit's narrow target demographic - ie. my periods are under 10 days, I'm not pregnant, I don't have menopause, my symptoms are minor, etc - yet I still find the app cumbersome to use with its poor UX/UI design. They get the simple things wrong - for example, if I need to adjust the start date of my cycle from the predicted date, it should automatically adjust the end date (based on my average cycle length) but it doesn't so I end up having to adjust twice.

The media made a big deal of this feature before, but now that it's actually launched I've only read mixed/bad reviews from users and tech media. Hopefully Fitbit will re-evulate and make some much-needed changes instead of just providing platitudes about valuing feedback.

Engadget - Fitbit's period-tracking features are seriously lacking

BBC - Fitbit faces anger for setting limits on women's periods

Wareable - Fitbit’s new female health tracking features explored

Best Answer

There have been lots of suggestions and posts but no improvements... Many months from its launch.

Best Answer

My question to Fitbit is why they launched a “female health tracker” that does not fully track female health. What is the point of that? It leads me to believe that they want all of the praise of a female health tracker with none of the work required for making it in any way useable or decent for actual female health.

Best Answer

This isn't even my topic but I'm annoyed that a moderator felt the need to change the title from "Fitbit wants all of the praise for a job half done and poorly at that" to "I'd like to see improvements to Female Health Tracker" in order to provide "clarity". I thought the original title was pretty clear and I clicked on the topic because it reflected my own thoughts about the health tracking.

In the recently quarterly results, Fitbit stated that 2.4 million users have added female health tracking to their Fitbit app, and more than 500 000 users added 2 or more periods. To me, this seems like Fitbit believes the female health tracking is popular and successful. While these numbers seem like a lot at first glance, female health tracking was added by default, not choice, for a lot of people. Secondly, only 20% of users felt it was useful enough to track more than 1 period so that's not exactly great. Thirdly, Fitbit has 25 million active users...let's pretend 12.5 million/50% are female - 500 000 out of 12.5 million is a small percentage of people actually using this app.

Best Answer

Thank you! I felt annoyed as well that they changed my caption for “clarification.” It was clear and reflective of not only my opinion but also my feelings. They wen ahead and ignored me once again by changing my caption. 

Best Answer

Hey @AnnaMJohnson@avocadotoast, and @AnitaLorraine! I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product. 

Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

If you would like to see something that is not yet added to the Female Health Tracking feature, the best place to make your voice heard is the Feature Suggestion board on our community. We look forward to reading your suggestions. 

On the other hand, I wanted to clarify that the tile was changed based on our Community Guidelines. To get more information, visit https://community.fitbit.com/guidelines.

Have a nice day! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I just read the community guidelines. Maybe you can clarify for us all how specifically did the title of my post violate the community guidelines?

Best Answer

You can refer to the "Be considerate" and "Keep it productive" sections @AnnaMJohnson

Have a nice day! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I agree with Anna, I just got my Fitbit and was excited to see a Female Health section until I realized it was really a Period Tracker.  I am post-menopausal and was dissapointed to see that I could not use it.  If you are going to have a Female Health section, I think it should include all important phases of Female Health from periods to Menopause.  I hope that Fitbit will take our comments seriously and update the feature or perhaps rename it.  It is insulting to females who do not have periods.  

However, I do agree with the title change as it helped me to find what I was looking for.  If I saw Anna's title, I probably would not have viewed this discussion.  I don't think people should be angry about the title change as it is minor compared to the topic.  The most important thing is to voice our concerns to fitbit and encourage them to change the feature to include all female stages in health.  I hope to see the changes and urge fitbit to do it soon as it would allow a much larger population to use the feature provided.  (Remember: Baby Boomers are spending money and are one of the largest populations today. Why miss out on this section of the market.)  Kindly, Jessica

Best Answer

Welcome to this thread @jdermard. Thanks a million for adding your thoughts here. Smiley Happy

As Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success, I wanted to let you know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our features. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along.

In the mean time, please consider posting your comment in our Feature Suggestions board or voting for this suggestion; which is pretty similar to the one feature that you want. 

You can also submit new suggestions here,  and as a piece of advise; please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for.

Hope to keep chatting with you around and let me know if you have questions about it. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes