Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off Fertility Window Toggle

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It would be a great feature to be able to turn off the ovulation & fertility window for those Fitbit users that do not want or need that information for their female health tracking. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit Update: 10/15/18

Hey everyone! 

Just wanted to provide an update here and let you all know you can now turn off Fertility predictions in the settings for Female health tracking. Make sure you update the Fitbit app to the latest version 2.80. 

For more information, please check out our help article with more details: How do I use the Fitbit app to track my period?

IMG-7292.jpeg

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

Hi, there! @Breezygirl8 Smiley Happy

Thanks for your feedback! Please consider adding your idea to our Feature Suggestions board. Right now your ovulation and fertile window are being shown as part of all your "Predictions". You are able to turn off predictions if you choose, but that would include your next predicted period. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thank you, I have submitted it in the Feature Suggestions. 

Best Answer

Hi!

I really like the feature of predicting your period cause I am rubbish at keeping track of it, I am a little confused however about the fertility predictor, as I am on birth control. Wouldn't it make more sense to automatically blank the fertility predictor when you select that someone is taking contraception? 

cheers, 

Esther 

Best Answer

I agree. If you are on birth control you shouldn't be fertile unless your chosen method is failing. The fertility predictor should be optional and by default not displayed for those who say they are on birth control. Fertility is confusing enough as it is without misinformation from fitness apps.

Best Answer

Agreed, When I put mine in I ticked the "sterilization" box but I'm still getting fertility predictions haha.

Best Answer

For those of us who have navigated the whole "period" of time - why can't we have the option to remove this app?  I am a senior who has finished her battle w/cramps, periods, bloating, aggravation, etc.  So let me remove this tool!

Best Answer

Long press on the tile, then you should be able to delete it.  I've deleted mine just now, as I'm still menstruating but the app is unusably bad.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by @ezzie @littlepie31 @SunsetRunner. As it has been mentioned above, your estimated fertile window automatically adjusts based on the menstrual cycle data you enter. You can’t edit fertile windows at this time. 

However, my friend @Breezygirl8 has created a feature suggestion to implement this option. You can find the idea under Separate ON/OFF switch for Predictions (Fertility Window & Period), please cast a vote for this idea and leave a comment to show support for it. Since this is a newly launched feature, we're always interested in ways to improve the product and the Fitbit app. Thanks for your feedback guys! 

Hey there @Morgan2, it's nice to see you around! Female health tracking is available to any Fitbit user as an opt-in feature. If you would like to remove the tile, please follow these steps: 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click Edit at the bottom of the dashboard.
  2. Tap or click the x or - icon in the top left corner of the female health tile.
  3. Tap or click Done

Sorry to hear you've removed the tile @Calathea77. Were you experiencing any inconvenience with this feature? If so, let me help you. Give me details on what you're experiencing and I'll be more than glad to assist. Smiley Wink Looking forward to your response! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I removed the tile on my dashboard because I didn’t want to see information on fertility/cycle on my watch, but I’m still seeing it in the today feature. Why isn’t there the option of what information is shown on the watch?  

Best Answer

Hey there @theresarobi, welcome!  Keep in mind that all the apps/settings show up in Today either you have the Fitbit Ionic or the Fitbit Versa can't be removed. 

As I've suggested before, for anything else you would like to see implemented for the future, visit our Feature Suggestions board. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. 

I was making some research and was able to find this idea asking for the same:

I'll be around if you need anything else! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you comment on why I continue to see menstrual cycle information on my versa even though I have removed the tile from the app?

Best Answer

This is due to "Female Health Tracking" is included in "Today" on your Versa and as I mentioned before, what it's included in "Today" can't be removed. At this time you can remove/hide Female Health Tracking tile on your Dashboard, but not on the watch. If you'd like to see this option implemented in the future, vote and comment in this suggestion

Thanks for your understanding on this @theresarobi.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think this is a feature request, this is a legitimate issue. If someone selects birth control or sterilisation the fertility window should be automatically hidden. 

Best Answer

Hey there @Pupa8, thanks for jumping in here! We're always interested in ways to improve the product and see what we can implement based on the feedback received from you guys. So, please make sure to also add these comments in the feature suggestion Separate ON/OFF switch for Predictions (Fertility Window & Period).

As you may know, the predictions for your period, fertile window, and ovulation day are estimated using an algorithm that includes the period and cycle length information you provide. If you don’t provide some of the information about your cycle, Fitbit uses a 28-day cycle and 5-day period as a starting point for estimations. Your fertile window is always shown as 7 days in the Fitbit app. For more information, see What is a fertile window and ovulation? 

Period and fertile window predictions become more personalized as you log your period consistently.

You can edit the average cycle length and period length you provided during setup; however, these settings only affect your initial predictions.

Stay cool! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm so mad you can't remove the fertile window prediction while kkeping the period prediciton. Some anticonceptive methods like the pill make you not have a fertile window, some women might be infertile and not interested on seeing it everytime. Why can't we choose?

Best Answer

Welcome on board @MtjóPudent, it's nice to have a new member! Thanks for your feedback! 

My friend @Breezygirl8 has created a feature suggestion to implement this option. You can find the idea under Separate ON/OFF switch for Predictions (Fertility Window & Period), please cast a vote for this idea and leave a comment to show support for it. Since this is a newly launched feature, we're always interested in ways to improve the product and the Fitbit app. 

The idea is currently marked as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

I'll be around if you need anything else! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this same issue. It’s so frustrating. I don’t get my period, I’m not fertile. Why is it on there, and the FIRST thing I see?

Best Answer

Welcome to the Female forums @Dani_Carden! Sorry to hear about this my friend. 

Please make sure to also add these comments in the feature suggestion Separate ON/OFF switch for Predictions (Fertility Window & Period). This suggestion is marked as "Under Consideration", you can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

If there's any questions present, let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why does it still say “under consideration” on my suggestion? It has now been implemented. There should also be a way to let Fitbit users know that it is now an option to toggle off the fertility tracking in their settings. 

Best Answer
0 Votes